Is Sturrock our possible new Director of football

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

lucy6lucy wrote: He can have the bloody lot of them
:lol:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Further speculation of course. Sturrock was at the last home game against Kidderminster but his appearance didn't generate this response then. The only difference today was that he was in the Directors' Box.
This, though, is what happens when there is no leadership at the club. Why is there no interim Chairman? Why is there no comment from either of the two Vice-Chairmen? Only Kelvin Thomas has appeared in public this week.
Until off the pitch issues are resolved can there be any chance of on the field performances improving - the two go hand in hand at successful clubs.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

TUST member 203
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Love this quote from the article already linked above "giving him an insight to the current Yellow squad" key word highlighted.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Is he rich enough to put some money into the club?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Herald Express article : http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

Make no mistake, the playing squad for next season will have "Luggy''s" footprint all over it. It will perform for Luggy. What it wont do is respond to Hargreavious bodily charm, or is it harm ?

Massive clearout will now happen including most, if not all, the pub footballers brought in this season by Hargreaves.

I expect Luggy to be in full control by October.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott, mate, stop it, every discussion that comes up regards TUFC and we get "money" Paul Sturrock will not need to put money in, his appointment on how ever much money it's costing could well pay for itself, it certainly is a win, win situation for Sturrock. It's been said many times we all know about Luggy's health issues, I can not see him either wanting to or be able to become full time manager, lets be clear about that.

As I said yesterday, if PS can take some pressure of CH, if Sturrock can help guide CH and identify players, if Sturrock can use some of his contacts, including at Argyle, maybe it will see the likes of Tyler Harvey and others appearing on loan at Torquay next season, all things coupled together the team are winning and competing at the right end of the league, then for a start the gates will rise back up to the 2300 mark, the club saves a pay out regards CH, then Paul Sturrock's appointment will as said, pay for itself.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote:Scott, mate, stop it, every discussion that comes up regards TUFC and we get "money" Paul Sturrock will not need to put money in, his appointment on how ever much money it's costing could well pay for itself, it certainly is a win, win situation for Sturrock. It's been said many times we all know about Luggy's health issues, I can not see him either wanting to or be able to become full time manager, lets be clear about that.

As I said yesterday, if PS can take some pressure of CH, if Sturrock can help guide CH and identify players, if Sturrock can use some of his contacts, including at Argyle, maybe it will see the likes of Tyler Harvey and others appearing on loan at Torquay next season, all things coupled together the team are winning and competing at the right end of the league, then for a start the gates will rise back up to the 2300 mark, the club saves a pay out regards CH, then Paul Sturrock's appointment will as said, pay for itself.
:goodpost:
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Lee hodges must be surplus to requirement surely
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Oh sorry, just re-read my last post, that thing about money wasn't aimed at you Scott, more in general.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

If CH's pride will allow it then this could be exactly what is needed (experience). Let's hope this is the case as Sturrock would be a massive asset to the development of any rookie manager. I would hope he will join Hargreaves and Hodges on the bench for matchdays.
Positive news which is very welcomed!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I was aiming the money thing along the lines of whether he has an eye on a stake in the club rather than the cost to the club for his services

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

This is a very positive step in my opinion and will at least give us access to a greater scope of players thanks to Sturrock's contact book.

There's a handful of games left for us all to endure and then we can watch a summer rebuilding process begin. We may see a few Scottish lads come down for trials :)
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I see where your coming from now, Scott, personally wouldn't have thought so, suggestions being made elsewhere this could see the end of CH, watch this space time I guess.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

This certainly seems a step in the right direction but I guess time will tell. The Press Release is telling that he hasn't got a title rather that he will "help with the rebuilding process." This would confirm what we all know - and expect - that there will be a big clearout of current players. Now the speculation will increase about the viability of CH as manager. Can the new owners afford to pay him and Hodges off? Or will they be given the opportunity to build their own squad?
Interesting times lie ahead if you believe rumours that Sturrock will recruit Graham Coughlin currently coach at Southend on the Gulls' staff. To do any of these things will require money i.e. pay off CH & LH & possibly pay compensation to Southend, something that is in short supply at the club. However,
too often in football when this kind of scenario occurs, when a Sturrock type appointment is made, not long after the manager & his assistant part company by 'mutual consent'.