Thanks for the memories

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Cheers Andy - I remember when you first came on the scene we had some huge bustups, before you realised I was right and we moved on

;-)

It's been good to get to know you - albeit over the internet and never face to face. Maybe one day if you venture south once more....I'm not going back up north for a while, too many diseases up there.

Anyway, hope you feel an affinity for the club you settle on to support - whichever it is, I feel sorry for them and feel that the fans forum will need to be warned..........

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Chunkygull: Probably as close to myself as I'm gonna get on this forum. Chunks is a legend. All I want is to be immature, have a laugh about stuff and rant about stuff and I get the impression that this is Chunks too. We're just normal mid thirties blokes thinking about approaching 40 and having a sort of girly breakdown. We just want to go about our daily business avoiding stress, avoiding wankers and getting on with our lot but find it increasingly difficult because lots of people are t**ts. We enjoy banal comedy and we're just down to earth grown up kids. Chunky, if I'm wrong I'm deeply sorry!

Great opening post Andy! :-D :bow:

Its a shame it has come to a point where you feel you have to stop supporting the Gulls, but I do understand your reasons.

I have enjoyed reading your posts, your input to the forum and the banter and dialogue with you on here. :bow:

Thanks for the little piece above, very kind, I'm honoured to get a mention.

Mrs Chunkygull totally agrees with your analysis about me, and without seeming to agree with her, you are probably spot on. :-D

Anyway if you dont post any more then that would be a big shame, it wont be the same without you and you will be missed, but whatever you choose to do, best wishes and good luck, I hope whichever team you support has success and brings you joy and happiness. (unless its against Torquay or at Torquays expense.)

Maybe you could just take a break for a while and see what happens, TUFC may just be an irresistible pull if we get off to a good start. Even if you dont go to matches you could still post on this forum, even as a supporter of York or Derby or stranger things have happened, Accrington.

Anyway, I seem to remember saying this before - DONT GO ANDY!!! :'(
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Oh come on Andy. You'll be back before you know it. You just can't resist my faggots chips and peas. Treat you to some when we next meet. Besides Who would Lanky Ben have had to laugh at him for taking the p out of Knilly,kee. Their goalkeeper and Rene Howe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

DerbyshireGull wrote:
Bixieupnorth: A Sheffield lad now so he'd have you believe and I bet he's not even tried a drop of the Henderson's! I appreciate his comments more than most because he is pretty straight talking which means the Yorkshire is rubbing off on him and he always has a good word to say about me when I've been on and off the forum like a yo yo. It's like he understands that not all of us are fundamentally fully functional in a normal society all of the time and he allows for that. Patience in spades I reckon. I very much appreciate Paul and have been fortunate enough to stand with him on a couple of occasions. Still not sure about the Mick Hucknall mullet though Bix!

Bixie is also my betting buddy and we've often exchanged bet details and views on how to beat the bookie. To no avail for me I'm afraid. Even now I've got the Fjolnir Reykjavik v FH Hafnarfjordur game on BET365 because I've stuck 15 on Fjolnir at 5/1! They are 1-0 down you won't be surprised to hear.

I like Bix's posts, again they are pretty infrequent but he comes out with the blunt truth and he loves to support the club financially in any way he can with memberships and the like from his home in dumpy Sheff Vegas.
fairly pleased with how i did there thanks, and pleased i was placed ahead of supernickywrowe!

i am patient, and also a nurse, which is probably why i have the wherewithall to understand your sense of humour and amusing rants. and i'm polar opposite to the vicious moodswings you seem to suffer, i like to ride roughshod over lifes emotions!!

hopefully we can keep up the gambling chat as i am lucky enough to possess the great mans phone number!!

and its not a bloody mullet!! its merely long hair in a pony tail!! damn mullet!!

farewell my friend!
still keeping the faith
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Lol thanks mate. Take care, forum doors are open 24-7 and you're always welcome.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

DerbyshireGull wrote:
Jeff: Really knows his stuff on the lower leagues and had put me right on a few occasions when I have posted inaccurate info. I thoroughly respect his knowledge on non league football and lower league players and I have also learnt things about players I've never heard of from him. I've spoken to him briefly at Macclesfield when two weeks before our game at Moss Rose we played up at Accy and I let rip a huge rant on leaving the stadium about it and Accy being a total shithole which the world and his wife heard. Oddly enough at Macc two weeks later I was stood next to this lad (who was Jeff but I didn't know that yet) and his mate who were discussing 'that lad who had a rant at Accy'. I overheard and introduced myself! It's a small world! I think Jeff is one of the few who will actually savour some of the hovels that Torquay will be visiting next season.
Pleased I got a mention to be fair!

Andy's rant at Accrington a few years ago really was awesome. It was what everyone was thinking, but the delivery and ferocity was just epic and brightened up another dismal defeat at the hands of the Stanley.

All the best Andy mate, hopefully you'll find that you won't be able to stay away. Alfreton's just down the road from you, you know you will be there :)
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Honoured to get a mention, thanks. Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my posts. I just say how I feel at any given time, sometimes I'm off the mark but sometimes I hope I get it right. All the best anyway whatever your plans for the future are.
TUST MEMBER
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Was good to see you on all the trips Andy shame it wont be happening next year always a good laugh. Making the most of a bad situation. Hopefully you'll reconsider coming back. If not was good knowing you.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Well despite our shared love of weird and wonderful bands (mainly the former) I didn't get a mention but I won't hold that against you :) All the best, hope you'll be back on here even if it is as a supporter of another team.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

He's still registered. With both personas combined he is on a total of 9998 posts, surely he must be tempted to come on here and cross the 10,000 mark. :whistle:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:He's still registered. With both personas combined he is on a total of 9998 posts, surely he must be tempted to come on here and cross the 10,000 mark. :whistle:
I just wish he'd f**k off for good.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

:rofl:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Andy's prolonged departure makes me think of this
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Quantity<Quality.

Sure he'll return under a different guise.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

It makes me think of Status Quos farewell cooncerts in 1900 and frozen stiff to present day. or was it !900 and drop down dead.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843