Bristol rovers game.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Jeez. There are also plenty of places that close at midday as well. It's pretty rare I worked on a Christmas Eve either, and certainly not after midday. Use the online ticket booking and collect on the day. Or don't, its your choice.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Cheers for those heart-felt, empathetic thoughts. I'll say no more and do something else. Merry xmas.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Fonda wrote:Cheers for those heart-felt, empathetic thoughts. I'll say no more and do something else. Merry xmas.
I do have some sympathy for you Fonda and perhaps I'm being a bit harsh as I am the type of person who always plans ahead and maybe you are a last minute, impulsive kind of bloke. I don't know.

All I'm saying is that if there was a game / gig or event that I wanted to go to and leaving it until the last minute would mean I risk not getting a ticket for whatever reason then I'd just go online or get one in advance. That is why I'm saying it isn't an issue, because you have had ample time to purchase one and so really it's not the clubs fault. I'm not having a pop Fonda just saying how I see it.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Fonda wrote:I'm glad to hear that for many there isn't an issue. But my personal circumstances dictate that for me there is. And I'm not crying about it, I'm expressing concern about the difficulties created unecessarily.
Not trying to downgrade your issue in any way, but the tickets have been on sale for a while, and the club staff do deserve some sort of break too.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

What I should have said was, it is not as though today was the only day you could have purchased them.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Sunnysideup »

Fonda wrote:Cheers for those heart-felt, empathetic thoughts. I'll say no more and do something else. Merry xmas.
I couldnt be arsed to look anywhere else, but you wouldnt have had any joy buying a ticket at Rovers if you went there at 3pm either as they were also closed.

Dont forget the back room staff will be working Boxing Day, so cut them some bloody slack Scrooge...
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

fonda, can you not book your ticket online and pick up on the day?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Happy to concede better planning on my part would have been beneficial. But don't think it's unreasonable to expect a BUSINESS to be selling tickets after 3pm - Xmas eve or not. Other shops manage it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Be interesting to see if any local B&B/hotel owners have been buying up seats in the home section for their visiting guests.
TUST member 203
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Finding it incredibly difficult to think of anything less interesting ;0)

Merry Christmas one and all.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

dont have a huff fonda, book one online after dinner today and pick it up tomor, the boxing day games a must mate, think how boring your day will be without a football match in it!! innit!!
still keeping the faith
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

come on fonda, do it mate, your club needs you! :scarf:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I have got to say that I agree with Fonda - purchasing tickets for the these games can be a chore. I still don't know whether I can make the Exeter game or not.
Of course people want time off over Christmas who doesn't - but to suggest that we have to close early because someone wants a couple of hours extra off on Christmas eve is a nonsense really.
Noone is suggesting the staff work all night but Asda don't pack up and sod off at midday on Christmas eve - they stay open till 7pm - their staff don't get a choice either.
We have two big home games coming up and taking the Exeter game as another example - not being to buy a ticket after three o'clock on a Friday or at all on saturday seems like a chance of missed revenue to me.
It should be remembered that not all people will use or are probably aware of the online ticketing option - also some people do not want to turn up at the ground and queue for ages for a ticket which they have already purchased.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Sunnysideup »

brucie wrote:Noone is suggesting the staff work all night but Asda don't pack up and sod off at midday on Christmas eve - they stay open till 7pm - their staff don't get a choice either.
If you cant grasp the difference between a very large national chain with a huge payroll of employees and a small one man band (well, almost) operation (who will then be in on Boxing day, and the Sunday as well) that has gone to the expense of sorting out an online ticketing system, so people that have problems getting to the ground when the office is open can actually buy tickets without having to go there in person, you really are in cloud cuckoo land...