The 3 groups of supporters

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

stefano wrote: .... and there was me thinking you'd joined my gang! ;-) Ok Group 6 is fine for me :)
I wrote that and as I clicked Submit it got held in the queue by your post :@
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

group 2 for me, Knill is not good enough to do the job, & according to the O/S has been paying for Ball. I thought that Derby were covering it for him to get some experience!!
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

How about a 2A group who believe that Ling did an ok job and was highly unfortunate to lose his job through 'circumstances' but believe also that given a bit of luck eg. the fitness of players, Knill's team would have picked up enough points for us not having to be having this debate in the first place!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Jerry wrote: I lost count of the hours I spent on here (when I should have been working, a bit like now! :Oops: ) trying to convince people (mostly Forevertufc if I recall correctly ;-) ) that we were in a comfortable upper mid-table position before Ling went sick.

I should clarify my "group 2" position in that I'm not as anti-Knill as Rich's description. He's been desperately unlucky and (as Matt regularly struggles to point out) many of the performances show we should be should be well clear of any relegation fight this season.
Hi Jerry me again :na:

In answer, I have lost count of the hours I have spent trying to convince you and many others, that this comfortable position we were when Martin Ling went sick, was an entirely false position, some keep banging about results, AK is not getting results, Martin Ling was, sorry for the caps but..MARTIN LING WAS NOT GETTING RESULTS EITHER.

Lingy's last game was Jan 15th, have a look for yourself, current form is measured over 6 games, Martin Ling's last 6 games were Played 6 won 0 drawn 3 lost 3, ok lets be fair and take that over his last 12 games record stands at Played 12 won 2 drawn 4 lost 6 not much improvment there either, and more than enough evidence that we were already on a huge nose dive before Martin Ling went sick, so please lets stop banging about how life was so much better under Martin Ling.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

His "illness" would have impacted before he stepped down though Dave, so current form from that particular part of his reign is unjust IMHO.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Southampton Gull wrote:His "illness" would have impacted before he stepped down though Dave, so current form from that particular part of his reign is unjust IMHO.
:goodpost:
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

I must admit that I was certain that we were going down last season and I was really glad to see Ling go and was looking for exciting attacking tactics this season...so of course I'm disappointed but there is nothing anyone can do BUT you have to stick with the situation, that's part of being a fan :clap:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I would have to say i'm in Group 3 then.

I did indeed rant about Ling and wanted him replaced although not necessarily by Knill, anybody would have done for me at the time. I wasn't convinced Knill was the way forward but thought that it couldn't get any worse so the only way was up no matter WHO was in charge.

I am coming round to thinking that Knill may not be the man to take us forward after all on the basis that I see NO progression after 10 games and I see consistently bizarre decision making which doesn't fill me with confidence. I don't necessarily think Knill is a crap manager just that on what I have seen he is making more of a pigs ear of it than he should be and although he has terrible luck with injuries and limited funds he makes things more difficult than they should be and that is why we are struggling.

I don't think we are nailed on for relegation as I believe we have the makings of a good squad and I believe things can only get better and I don't want Knill out but we'll see where we are come March and i'm sure many others who take pride in giving managers the utmost patience will log in and I can then sing,

"COME AND JOIN US, COME AND JOIN US, COME AND JOIN US OVER HERE!"

and they will be only too happy to when they see our league status disappearing over the horizon.

No that this is sure to happen you'll understand. We won't go down with Knill in charge this season and I am more than prepared to give him another shot next season to see if he really DOES know what he is doing but at the moment I see no obvious rhyme or reason to anything he is attempting to do and i'm confused.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Am I poisonous then? I sincerely hope that is not people's opinions of me however if it is then that is not my problem.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It would also be interesting to find out that if we did go down under Knill (not saying we will) but if we did, how many of you would be happy for him to remain at the helm and how many of you would be confident he could get us out of the conference if things did carry on as they were now?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

forevertufc wrote:
Hi Jerry me again :na:

In answer, I have lost count of the hours I have spent trying to convince you and many others, that this comfortable position we were when Martin Ling went sick, was an entirely false position, some keep banging about results, AK is not getting results, Martin Ling was, sorry for the caps but..MARTIN LING WAS NOT GETTING RESULTS EITHER.

Lingy's last game was Jan 15th, have a look for yourself, current form is measured over 6 games, Martin Ling's last 6 games were Played 6 won 0 drawn 3 lost 3, ok lets be fair and take that over his last 12 games record stands at Played 12 won 2 drawn 4 lost 6 not much improvment there either, and more than enough evidence that we were already on a huge nose dive before Martin Ling went sick, so please lets stop banging about how life was so much better under Martin Ling.
Sorry, I wasn't intending to start this debate again as it's obvious we see things differently and no amount of arguing will persuade us otherwise! ;-)

I was just answering Matt's comment that people had changed their tune over Ling. (And yes Matt I did read this wrong and you didn't mean what I thought!)
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

i dont know about people being in a group 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, but there are definitely quite a few on our forum that would fall into the category of a section 8. :}
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

chunkygull wrote:i dont know about people being in a group 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, but there are definitely quite a few on our forum that would fall into the category of a section 8. :}
Or for Rotherham fans, section 5. :@ :lol:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Am I poisonous then? I sincerely hope that is not people's opinions of me however if it is then that is not my problem.
No Andy you are not and are far from it.

You have not started calling for his head and have given some feeling of balance regards the bad luck we have had.

Personally I would give him a little more time before I display the worry you currently show but that is just our opinions and who knows what is right and wrong.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Richinns wrote: No Andy you are not and are far from it.

You have not started calling for his head and have given some feeling of balance regards the bad luck we have had.

Personally I would give him a little more time before I display the worry you currently show but that is just our opinions and who knows what is right and wrong.

No worries Rich. :-D I kind of read between the lines and knew what you were saying anyway so didn't take it the wrong way from you my good man. :) I can perhaps see why some other members may think I am a bit toxic but I do wherever possible try to have a balanced argument but I find it tricky sometimes as I do get easily anxious and it can come through as fickleness or lack of patience.

If I have a rant I may regret it after on occasion and backtrack with a more sensible reply but often I just want to get what i'm feeling off my chest and sometimes it doesn't look good.

I am perhaps expecting too much from Knill all circumstances considered and that may be part of the problem. I have unrealistic expectations as to what I am hoping to see and maybe it is just not possible. That said I think most of us are very disappointed as to how it was going even before the injuries kicked in.

Time is the only thing that will tell our fate this season.