Hereford United v Torquay United - 5/5/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I have that sneaky feeling Southend will leapfrog over us and Creepy to get that 3rd spot. It's just that sort of final day occurance you see every now and again. I just hope that we can regroup quickly and, maybe, get to the PO final at Wembley and do it the hard way. Saying that no one knows what will happen on Saturday do they? a quarter to 5 and Crawley could be sailing through and then we could get a winner at Edgar Street and they could concede in the last minute to drop 2 points, or Southend could romp home and Creepy and us could both draw or loose!!!! My nerves will be shredded!!!! and I will be driving around South Yorkshire as well. :'(

I am sticking my neck out and predicting us to win 2-1 and Accy to beat Creepy 2-1 with Southend drawing with Macc who will play with a "who gives a ***** attitude!!!" Fingers crossed for all you guys going to Edgar Street COYYs :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Imagine the scene at half-time on Saturday in the Crawley dressing room. They are 1-0 down, and they hear the news that the Gulls are leading Hereford by 1 or even 2 clear goals. They remember what happened last Saturday, when Hereford beat them 3-0. They will be a bag of nerves and will fall to pieces. They will suffer another 3-0 defeat, this time to Accrington, or they might just scrape a draw. After 90 minutes, both they and Southend are out of it, and the Gulls are automatically promoted...!!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

12-0 Torquay. Then unless Crawley score five or more Against Acccrington there result wont matter as our goal differance will overtake theres easily....

Well we can dream cant we?
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

We only need 8 goals + what Crawley score ........... enough teams have scored 7 this season, why not push for 8.
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Us to win 2-1; Crawley to draw 2-2; Southend to win 3-0.

Southend v Crawley play-ff final - Southend to win 2-0 with Crawley down to 9 men.

Simples!

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

We're gunna draw, not that it matters, as Crawley will dispatch an 'experimental' Accy line up.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

If Accrington play a similar team as they did last weekend Crawley will win by a few clear goals.
Got a feeling you'll draw 1-1 and Southend will win 3-0.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Accrington did not play an experimental last weekend, or the week before when they drew 1-1 with Shrewsbury. The only time they fielded a truly experimental side was when they got thrashed by Cheltenham.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Spot on Jeff... :bow: :clap:

Had to point out to several after the game Saturday, Accrington in thier last home game took 2 points out of Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury are top of the current form league.......http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=formguide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Calm down and start to realise that Crawley have by some distance the hardest game of the lot Saturday, they could win of course, and if they do fair play to them, however it's likey they will slip up there, as Crawley's current form is as bad as our's.

So it's simple our team must go out Saturday, and produce the performance we all know they are capable of, as we have done it many times this season, win at Hereford which we are more than capable of and I think we will be packing our bags and leaving for the bright lights of league 1.

Fortune favours the brave. COYY
Formerly known as forevertufc
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

My tickets arrived this morning and Saturday cannot come fast enough.

I have mixed feelings about this game. I love Torquay and want them to go up, of course, and will be beside myself if it happens on Saturday, but I will feel some sadness if we are the ones that send Hereford down. They may not be the team I support but they are my local team and I've developed a soft spot for them.

Having said that... COYY!
DonnyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Halstead

Post by DonnyGull »

Official's for the game on Saturday:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/A ... 20,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hereford United v Torquay United
ROGER EAST
Derek Eaton and Robert Jones
Fourth Official Paul Tierney
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

With every possibility being discussed over the last 3 weeks, who's position would it better to be in. I would rather be away to Hereford than Accy. The Accy game was the one that most were saying would swing our way and that is probably right. Very few had doubts about us beating Hereford...So let's just prove ourselves right....GULLS
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Hereford 1 v Gulls 1, Accers 2 v Crawley 2, Soufffend 5 v Maccles 0

We go back a week later to play Chelts.

We beat Crawley at Wembley in front of 27823.
TUST #324
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

I am not saying anything about what my prediction is, everytime I do it for key games I get it totally wrong.

The bookies and Tipsters however....

Tips:
Southend v Macclesfield = 88% in favour of Southend win
Hereford v Torquay = 100% in favour of Torquay win
Accy v Creepy = 67% in favour of a Draw (the other 33% is for a Crawley win)

Odds:
Southend v Macclesfield = Home win 1/5 Draw 9/2 Away win 8 / 1
Hereford v Torquay = Home win 7/4 Draw 5/2 Away win 11/10
Accy v Creepy = Home win 7/2 Draw 11/4 Away win 4/7
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

The odds are at odds with the tips then?

Crawley at 4/7 are stronger favourites to win than us at 11/10. Does this make sense? Where’s Bixie when you need him?
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)