Giving up on Bodin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

250k :O :O :O
The gulls are going up
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Interesting that he rates him so highly now that the window is shut and he can't sell him. When the window was open and he was putting in 6 figure bids for Constable etc and telling Billy he was free to leave.

He's out of contract in the summer, so it's an interesting scenario. Unless he had a blinding end to the season then Di Canio will more than likely continue his spending in the summer for L1, leaving Billy surplas to requirements once again. I don't doubt that he'd rather stay at Swindon in an ideal world, but with Di Canio as manager he's probably unlikely to ever be a first team regular. He deserves better in all honesty, so I hope he gets himself sorted for next season, whether it's here or elsewhere. His chances of ever moving here are probably just about nil now anyway.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

good ol di canio.....wa**ker!

there was no way on this earth or fullers that he'd let him come back! :@

put that price on his head knowing that we could never afford it! :@

tw*t! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I do wonder how long it will be before some of the guys on longer contracts at Swindon start to get pissed off with getting nowhere near the first team, but having crazy price tags put on them by the mad Italian, just because he likes to play the big man, meaning they are trapped. I'm sure a bunch of the are well happy with collecting their pay packet every week, but there must be a couple who actually want to play the game.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

He's one of his players and why should he potentially help a side out that could stop his team winning promotion.

He'd be utterly mental and be failing at his job if he let that happen. First and foremost he has to do what's right for Swindon, not for Bodin and especially not for TUFC.

I liked Bodin, I liked his direct play and pace but Morris is a good player and if we can find someone on loan with a bit of pace as a plan B then great. Bodin was good but he is far from irreplaceable.
Paolos meatballs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by Paolos meatballs »

ferrarilover wrote:I do wonder how long it will be before some of the guys on longer contracts at Swindon start to get pissed off with getting nowhere near the first team, but having crazy price tags put on them by the mad Italian, just because he likes to play the big man, meaning they are trapped.

Matt.
What players would you be referring to?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

No idea, but you've got more than 11 players, and they're not all on one year contracts and if he's after 250 large for Bodin (which, let's be honest, is about £225,000 more than anyone would reasonably pay for him), he's going to be demanding crazy cash for others too. All perfectly reasonably extrapolation.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just to play devils advocate here for a minute, why? Such a massive difference in valuations between Eunan O’Kane and Billy Bodin by us Torquay fans in general.

Eunan O’Kane is a R.O.I under 21 international, Billy Bodin is a Wales under 21 international, they are both listed as midfielders O’Kane has played in 27 league 2 match’s scoring 4 goals, Billy Bodin has played in 15 league 2 match’s scoring 5 goals this season, yet us Torquay fans think our club should pay no more than £50k for Bodin, and would be unhappy if our club let O’Kane go for less than £500k, I am not sure if you look at Bodin's career to date and compare it with O'kane's how we can say that O'Kane is worth 10 times what Bodin is.

If O’Kane is genuinely worth £500k in today’s transfer market, I would say Swindon were not a million miles away at £250k for Bodin if I was being honest, would we think Lingy played with himself if he slapped a £1 million price tag on Eunan O’Kane’s head during the summer? I think not.
Formerly known as forevertufc
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

It's all about the selling clubs financial position. If Swindon can carry Bodin as a squad player and value him at £250k that's their decision and they must have a strong financial base. O'Kane is worth whatever we feel we can't turn down because no 2 clubs financial situation are the same. There is no framework that clubs work to, He's worth x-amount so he must be worth y-amount. Just doesn't work like that.

O'Kane is a far better all round player than Bodin, different positions but O'Kane gives more in his position than Bodin does in his in my opinion, but if we were offered £250,000 for any of our players I think we'd seriously struggle to turn it down.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Also, O'Kane has played 82 League 2 games. His value isn't based on just this season.

That's before you consider how long they have on their contracts, how highly they are valued (Di Canio wanted Bodin gone less than a week ago) by their clubs, and how many clubs are chasing them.

Other than that, they're identical.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totaly argee with your above post Royal, was just focusing our valuation as fan's, I should imagine when it comes to young players clubs would look at the potential of the player to develop and how there career had developed to date.

O'Kane is 2 years older and has roughly 61 league match's under his belt if my maths are correct, to Bodin's 21 league Match's, however some would argue that Bodin is developing at a faster rate, and would atleast have the same potential going foward as O'Kane,neither player is yet the finished article, however O'Kane is well ahead in terms of development so would be more valuable at this stage, but not 10 times more than Bodin .
Last edited by Dave on 06 Feb 2012, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

I agreed with your post forever, my post was a general one not aimed at yours specifically.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

royalgull wrote:I agreed with your post forever, my post was a general one not aimed at yours specifically.
No worries, just trying expand a bit on what I had written before, (forever expanded on his own opinion, oh my god I really should not do that, I nervously await the response of Fletch/Father Jack,D-V-N or what ever username he goes under these days ) :lol:
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

forevertufc wrote: No worries, just trying expand a bit on what I had written before, (forever expanded on his own opinion, oh my god I really should not do that, I nervously await the response of Fletch/Father Jack,D-V-N or what ever username he goes under these days ) :lol:
Same name on here as well as the TFF. Only need the one.
Arse! Drink!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Forever sneaks off , and slowly shuts door behind him, appear to have got away with it this time :-D