Wycombe Wanderers vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Very tough game this one. I reckon we'll lose it 2-0. But i would be very happy with a point from this game.
:scarf:
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Can't make it down the M40 from junction 9, A34, to Wycombe as I have another meeting in Oxford. Reckon this will be 1 - 1.
:ball2: :goal: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

I'll be there. First away game of the season - was gutted to have to miss the Oxford game due to corporate rubbish business development day nonsense.What better way to develop people than to send them to an away game at Oxford?
Anyway, not too bad a trip down from Stratford for me (as long as i can find somewhere to park) but I reckon it will be a tough old game for us. If we squeak a draw then I think we'll have done pretty well, so I'm going for 9-0 to the Gulls!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

tufcgull wrote:what has happened to rendell?
Todays Herald says that he's fallen second string to Strevens and Beavon recently, which surprised me a bit.

He missed out completely on Saturday though as his partner was having their first child. Expected to be back in the squad tonight though.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

NickGull wrote: Todays Herald says that he's fallen second string to Strevens and Beavon recently, which surprised me a bit.

He missed out completely on Saturday though as his partner was having their first child. Expected to be back in the squad tonight though.
i looked on the bbc red button sport preview for our game and said that he will been missing for today's game because his partner has just given birth.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Feel sorry for Senda missing out on this one - on the commentary at the weekend, Dave Thomas gave him a huge amount of praise, saying that he is a model professional and how hard he has worked to recover from his previous injury. He said how much it would mean to Senda to be fit for this match, but have just read confirmation on the O/S that he won't be in the squad.
Maybe next season, in L1, Danny....
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

my midweek coupon is torquay
shrewsbury
charlton
chelsea all to win

Come on you yellows!!!!!!!!!!!
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

More confident of a result seeing as though we are away from home - says a lot about our season so far. Likely to see an unchanged team, and I predict a 1-0 either way. COYY.
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by loyalgull »

Where are people meeting for a drink before the game tonight? Also, what's the parking like, anyone know?
salmiakki
Trialist
Trialist

Post by salmiakki »

bnickels wrote:Where are people meeting for a drink before the game tonight? Also, what's the parking like, anyone know?
Exactly the 2 questions on my mind! I remember getting the bus from the station to the ground on our last visit but i'm driving this time and I'm not sure what parking is available with it being on an industrial estate. I do remember the bus taking FOREVER to get away from the ground last time because of traffic congestion.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Me too...my mate in Wycombe tells me that we should wear wellies if we're gonna park nearby cos it's all fields - it is a dead end though so I think it might be park and hike.....
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Don't think its that far, seem to recall last time I went (5yrs)there was alot of street parking at the end of the industrial estate where there is also a pub. Apprx 5 or 10 min walk to away end if i recall.
TUST #324
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by doogull »

0-1 benners
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

being the eternal optimist i've backed 0-2 benyon to score first, or anytime!!
still keeping the faith
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by doogull »

benners will get 20 this season and then he will be off !!