January transfer targets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

Doubt Halstead would be offered a new deal either, but I would think he would want to move nearer his family anyway, that's if anyone were interested in him
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

rivieratouch wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 15:26 Doubt Halstead would be offered a new deal either, but I would think he would want to move nearer his family anyway, that's if anyone were interested in him
I don't see why he wouldn't be offered a new contract, he's the least culpable amongst the current shit storm. Anyway didn't he but a house when he moved down here, surely his family is staying with him.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Halstead should be one of the first to be secured - one of the few non-loan players to be able to hold his head high this season.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Ryan Law recalled from his Gillimgham loan by Argyle. I’d take an educated guess that we’ll be in line to pick him up.
The gulls are going up
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I'd give Halstead a new deal all day long, he had a rocky season last yr, he got off to a bad start, and I'm pretty sure that affected his confidence, for me he's player of the season material, yes,he's had the odd moment, but in the main, he's been a safe pair of hands, whilst I'm at it, new deals need to be on the table and in place for Lapslie,Hall,Dean Moxey,Dan Martin,Donnellan,Ryan Jarvis,, Wyatt and Lovett, as for the rest, sounds blunt, I'd bomb the lot of them out, unless McGavin can really impress in the next 20 league, and Trophy games
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Not sure about new deals until it is clear which league we will be playing in.
Lapslie and Hall ,,,,we need to see how many games they can complete in the second half of this season firstly before they are offered anything.
Halstead contract ends in the summer, others have hinted he will return up North.....Lovett could step up.
Moxey, Martin, Donnellan and Jarvis I agree with......... as for the rest, hopefully with a new guy at the helm we can find far better.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Yes, new guy at the helm is vital.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 19:54 Yes, new guy at the helm is vital.
Who's your choice to replace Osborne?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 19:59 Who's your choice to replace Osborne?
Any euro millions winner will do.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Is this as good as it gets?, Osborne and GJ?,why come back at me about this, I just agreed with another fan that it needs a new manager in the summer, but I'm not starting up this whole debate about owners/GJ it's old hat, fans are allowed to have an opinion,that's all.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Mr Tea808 wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 20:31 Is this as good as it gets?, Osborne and GJ?,why come back at me about this, I just agreed with another fan that it needs a new manager in the summer, but I'm not starting up this whole debate about owners/GJ it's old hat, fans are allowed to have an opinion,that's all.
You said a new guy at the helm is essential. Surely Osborne is at the helm?
Dave

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Da Silva extends his loan to the end of the season as Wearne returns to Grimsby

Maidstone (23rd) also sack their manager
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Southampton Gull wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 21:11 You said a new guy at the helm is essential. Surely Osborne is at the helm?
Incorrect if you read back it was me who said a new guy at the helm and obviously I meant the Manager......and please do not drag up
the Old Shit about naming replacements as this is not a season ticket holders responsibility
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

DevonBee wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 21:28 Incorrect if you read back it was me who said a new guy at the helm and obviously I meant the Manager......and please do not drag up
the Old Shit about naming replacements as this is not a season ticket holders responsibility
There is a fully 'palpable discord' between the club and some supporters at the moment.This season has been a complete disaster, and to ensure it doesn’t get any worse will require a collective effort. That means: fans getting behind their team; with manager and players accepting they’ve played poorly and raising their performances. The majority of fans haven’t turned their backs yet, and will continue to raise their voices to drown out the looming sound of oblivion. Saturdays win against Halifax was a first step to writing the wrongs on the pitch, and the doubting fans must follow suit. It’s by coming together that adversity is overcome. United we stand, divided we fall is the much-used proverb.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

DevonBee wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 21:28 Incorrect if you read back it was me who said a new guy at the helm and obviously I meant the Manager......and please do not drag up
Don't get ahead of yourself, Princess. I only offered one question based on what YOU wrote.....
Dave