Torquay United v Woking - Friday 2nd April @ 3:00pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

brucie wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 15:53 Poor first half - don't really look like we are going to score. Andrews has to come on for Little who is totally out of position.

Agree we look too sluggish. Think Andrews was unlucky to be left out in the first place. Not the right balance to the side. Also don’t think we have adapted to playing 4 4 2. Hopefully a big improvement to come in the second half!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

An hour gone, what absolute rubbish.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Surprised Hall has gone in favour of Andrews. I would have switched him with Randell. Randell’s passing and general play has been loose.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Get Little off, a waste of time.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Gary Owers team was better than this crap.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Welcome back Danny !!!!
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Danny Wright 1-0.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

A welcome but very very lucky 3pts.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

At this stage i dont care if we were poor, 3 points is what its all about
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

One piece of quality but otherwise piss poor.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Yeah, that's 9pts out of 12. It just shows the quality of this league is poor, that's why the 2 promoted clubs from last year have struggled in league 2.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Well, another shockingly poor second half. Danny Wright made the immediate difference when he came on as well as scoring a neat goal, otherwise no-one covered themselves with glory, except perhaps Covalan who was generally very tidy and made one excellent save. I thought we played well first half but it is a common theme that sides only have to pack their defence until we lose patience and start hitting the ball long. First half we had 3 corners, 9 attempts and 5 on target but the Woking keeper hardly had to get his knees dirty with any of them. In contrast Woking had 1 corner, 3 attempts, all on target and calling for alert reactions from Covalan. Second half it was mostly Woking with 2 corners, 5 attempts but 1 on target which drew an excellent save from Covalan. We had 1 corner, 2 attempts (perhaps only 1 if Lewis didn't get his head on that corner) and 1 on target for the goal. Covalan my MOTM with Danny Wright a close second for the difference he clearly made when he came on. An ugly win if ever there was one.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Well that’s was stressful, when they were coming at us 2nd half thought we’d lose but threatened little.

https://x.com/bengerring/status/1365713 ... 44356?s=21

Just in case 😂
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Three points but was it deserved is another matter, Woking came to defend and we had little idea how to break them down, especially first half, Little was anonymous and why Johnson persists in starting him over others I just do not know, If he cannot play centre mid then it seems he doesn't wont to play. It took us 68 minutes to make the changes and balance the team. Kimpioka was rightly frustrated, here is a talented player than likes to play on the floor and turn defenders all we did was lop high balls all afternoon, he reminds me of a rusty Janneh. anyway we made two points on sutton. Wrexham will not be as easy as todays opponents.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

First time I have seen Torquay this year and I must say my optimism has taken a bash. This was poor stuff and nothing like the pre-Christmas offerings.
What on earth has happened? Long balls from the defence, passes going astray, no-one seems to want to shoot. A complete opposite to the first three months of the season. It cannot be all down to injuries. Only two players performed - Covalan and Wright.
A drastic rethink is required, particularly now our injured players are coming back, if we are to keep in touch with promotion.