Jake Andrews and Opi Edwards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Hold on. Opi Edwards judging from his performance in the PSF for Bristol City played as a fast attacking right winger who scored twice and, unlike Davis, Wynter, Dickson, Reid looks as if he can actually cross a telling pass into the opposition penalty area. Jake Andrews scored a terrific free kick that night and looked a real threat. So why not wait until Saturday before judging these signings?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 17:58 People carping already and the players havn't even set foot on the field yet. Nothing new there then.
Is there no end to your hypocrisy?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

CP Gull wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 18:24 Interesting take on things from some on here! Whilst our forwards have been misfiring, I don’t think the rest of the team are blameless when it comes to our lack of goals!!! It is, after all, a TEAM game! The midfielders haven’t created enough and not scored a single goal in seven attempts either!

Personally I don’t think the wing backs have been delivering enough quality crosses into the box on a regular basis either.

These two signings may see a switch to a 4-4-2 I suspect, or perhaps a 4-4-1-1?

Anyway, personally I’m excited at the signing of these two, who were both quality against us on the recent PSF and between them managed to score THREE goals in 90 minutes at Plainmoor ... the same number of goals our WHOLE team has mustered in SEVEN games!

Finally it’s not just strikers that score goaks, I mean technically speaking, neither Salah, Hazard or Alli are strikers ... but how important are they to their teams, and how many goals do they score!

Unfortunately Chris, we can't play us every week 😉
Dave

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

While the strikers haven't been completely blameless. Judging by the game on Monday, even when we were on top, I don't think I saw one decent cross into the box.
One of them can take a pretty good free kick as well by the looks. Roll on Saturday. Ever the optimist.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

CP Gull wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 18:24
These two signings may see a switch to a 4-4-2 I suspect, or perhaps a 4-4-1-1?
Your really pushing your luck on that one! unless Owers has brought the 'Idiots Guide to Team Formation' expect to see the usual 5-3-2 formation on Sat. Once we are 2-0 down he will attempt a change of some sorts - but what that is - is anybody's guess. His half-time formation changes so far, have left the players baffled as to what roles or formation they are playing, which is evident in their hand gestures, facial expressions, back-chat and overall apathy.

Good luck to the new lads.

What is everyone's take on who will be left out of the team on Sat (Williams - Dickson - Hall?) - wont be Reid that's for sure. (that's not me having a dig at Reid - I would not leave him out either, contrary to popular belief.) I am expecting the two new lads to play or what is the point of bringing them here for one month - just to appease the fans?
Last edited by MellowYellow on 30 Aug 2018, 18:51, edited 2 times in total.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

From watching four out out of seven league games so far the crossing into the box from Davis, Wynter, Reid and Dickson for Williams, Keating and Wright (when on the pitch) has been woeful. Strikers need decent service.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 18:42
Unfortunately Chris, we can't play us every week 😉
Ha! If only, if only! 😂
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Andrews for Nabi who's out for a month?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

nickbrod wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 18:54 Andrews for Nabi who's out for a month?
Good call! Christ, I bloody well forgot Nabi even played for us. So much for lasting impressions.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I think Owers must have faith in his forward line and realised they're starved of supply so that's what he's addressed. Personally I agree to an extent but would still like to see an additional forward that can play alongside Williams. He'll score enough if we play to his strengths instead of continually pumping the ball aimlessly upfield.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

nickbrod wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 18:54 Andrews for Nabi who's out for a month?
Are you saying that the management have signed a load of crocks?
Dave

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 19:05 Are you saying that the management have signed a load of crocks?
Why would you want to take that view? Any footballer can get injured at any time. In fact anybody who plays contact sport. Doesn't mean they're a crock using your terminology.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was asking the question because 12 months ago you were saying exactly that 😉
Dave

nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 19:14 I'm not disagreeing with you, I was asking the question because 12 months ago you were saying exactly that 😉
I don't recall using the word 'crock' in my life either spoken or in print! You must be a genius to remember everyone's postings especially after a year!