TUFC Fans offered free ticket...to Truro game!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

any idea of the crowd, tomogull?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

According to the Non League Paper it was 362.
I do not think this included about 400 United Season Tickets holders in the Bench who got in free of charge.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

portugull wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 10:50 According to the Non League Paper it was 362.
I do not think this included about 400 United Season Tickets holders in the Bench who got in free of charge.
It didn't include the Torquay fans?

This site reckons 62 from Billericay:

https://www.onefootballforum.co.uk/inde ... 36/page-72

So that means 300 came up from Cornwall?
Rayzie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Davis

Post by Rayzie »

Those who went to the Truro game what is your opinion of their target/ striker player Tyler Harvey. I thought as a target man especially in the first half he looked quite impressive showing a lot of strength and winning most balls in the air. Of course due to the midfield giving him little service it was hard to judge his pace and skills. If he had all those qualities could he be the missing player for Torquay.
I did notice though he has played for Gary Owers in the past!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Billericay fans are complaining that there were no refreshments available to the away fans. Pretty piss poor if this is the case.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

portugull wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 10:50 According to the Non League Paper it was 362.
Billericay took 62 fans to the game. According to the Cornish Football Forum just 20 Truro fans used the subsidised coach up to Devon and a further 16 found their own way there.
That means there were possibly 264 Torquay locals there. I believe that the official attendance figure has to include everybody in the ground.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well I was there and Bristows Bench was about a third full. I believe it holds about 2,000 when full.
I thought at least 650/700 at the game certainly more than 362.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 09:43 any idea of the crowd, tomogull?
As Portugull posted, the official attendance was 362. But I'm sure there were more than that there - more like 500 as a guesstimate. Not quite as many as 650 as Portugull suggests.

Rayzie - I agree that Tyler Harvey did well, and worked hard, as a lone front man for Truro. Ran out of steam in the second half which was hardly surprising in that heat, plus getting little support. But he never gave up. Truro will probably struggle, but I don't think they will be relegated as Brucie suggests. The reason? Lee Hodges. He changed the team shape for the second half - something that Gary Hodges has always seemed incapable of doing. They were more competitive in the second half, although after the third and fourth goals (within a few minutes of each other), Billericay took their foot off the gas.

Wivel - how do you rate the Seasiders chances this season? Last season, if I remember correctly, you forecast they would be relegated. At one point, it looked as if you could be right but, unlike TUFC :'( they rallied round and stayed up.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Tomogull posted that Billericay had two very good fulbacks who got crosses in this is why Hodges put 3 up front in the second half and stopped the onslaught which could have ended 6 or 7 nil. If Hodges had acted earlier he may have got away with a 2 or 3 -0 defeat.
The Truro keeper was class and kept his side in the game.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

tomogull: we (Whitby Town FC) will definitely stay up this season; we may even get in the top seven or eight. The reason? We have re-signed (for the club record fee of twelve thousand quid) the best player in the Northern Premier League (midfielder Dale Hopson). Like all other clubs the Committee moan and groan that there's not enough money...we can't compete with other clubs etc. etc. Well, you know the routine.
Like United, the trouble recently - or should I say one of the troubles - has been the total lack of any cup victories of any sort for many a season, and at this level (our level now, I'm afraid) cup money is vital. Still, you never know, United might draw Whitby in the FA Trophy at some time or other.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Hodges and Todd have reportedly quit their jobs at Truro tonight.

Todd wouldn't be a bad shout for our vacant assistant managers position.

https://x.com/rhod13/status/1026943106070065157
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Jerry wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 23:03 Hodges and Todd have reportedly quit their jobs at Truro tonight.

Todd wouldn't be a bad shout for our vacant assistant managers position.

https://x.com/rhod13/status/1026943106070065157
This is a calamity for Truro. How will they appoint a replacement? Who would want to go there when home games are 100 miles away? Lee Hodges and Chris Todd are good guys. Without them, I think Brucie could be right - Truro will be relegated.