New kit on the way?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Is that it ? A pointless caption above a picture that's not relevant to the argument ?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

In my opinion the kit is very smart and can't see a problem.
:bow:
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

There is no problem. Some people are not happy unless they are sniping at the club. Saying the club should be ashamed for having black on the kit instead of blue is, frankly, ludicrous.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

sgf wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 16:31 There is no problem. Some people are not happy unless they are sniping at the club. Saying the club should be ashamed for having black on the kit instead of blue is, frankly, ludicrous.
Black's on the away kit, no?

In which case it's irrelevant.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Teigngull wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 16:17 Is that it ? A pointless caption above a picture that's not relevant to the argument ?
In honesty I don't have the need nor energy to interact with the blindly aggressive stupidity you display but if you insist on a response....

You give it the big one with your arrogance of "support the club or feck off" like those of us questioning the decisions being made which impacts on the clubs identify and its future are some how lesser fans than you and the 'everything is awesome' brigade.

How far does the club have to fall before you start hearing alarm bells? How far into the depths does this once proud league club have to fall before you question the decisions of the current regime? 

The difference of utilising navy blue instead of black on the home kit may be a small thing in the great scheme of things but it highlights the fact decisions are being made which do not embrace the hertigage of the club - providing an outcome of seemingly having a certain lack of interest in it. It is just another example of the corporate regime taking the heart out of the club and that (to me) is shameful and deserves an explanation.

Blind unquestioning support (however faithful it is) is a far more dangerous thing right now than a supporter who wants the very best for their club and is willing to be critical voice against anything or anybody who poses a threat to it.

Fans who ask the important questions do not deserve their loyalty to be questioned by the likes of you.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Richinns wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 17:16 In honesty I don't have the need nor energy to interact with the blindly aggressive stupidity you display but if you insist on a response....

You give it the big one with your arrogance of "support the club or feck off" like those of us questioning the decisions being made which impacts on the clubs identify and its future are some how lesser fans than you and the 'everything is awesome' brigade.

How far does the club have to fall before you start hearing alarm bells? How far into the depths does this once proud league club have to fall before you question the decisions of the current regime? 

The difference of utilising navy blue instead of black on the home kit may be a small thing in the great scheme of things but it highlights the fact decisions are being made which do not embrace the hertigage of the club - providing an outcome of seemingly having a certain lack of interest in it. It is just another example of the corporate regime taking the heart out of the club and that (to me) is shameful and deserves an explanation.

Blind unquestioning support (however faithful it is) is a far more dangerous thing right now than a supporter who wants the very best for their club and is willing to be critical voice against anything or anybody who poses a threat to it.

Fans who ask the important questions do not deserve their loyalty to be questioned by the likes of you.
I think our original colours were black and white and we were known as the magpies. Maybe the black is a reference to the heritage that you speak of.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

' embrace the heritage of the club ' you say.
When the club was formed way back in 1899 they were known as the magpies & sported black & white striped shirts.
The yellow & blue was brought in to represent the yellow of the torquay Sun & the blue of the sea, were they desecrating the heritage of the club then or as is usual trying to create more interest through the commercial route ?
Decisions are made throughout history my friend that not everyone likes, you have a weak argument that has no bearing on the situation the club finds itself in today.
What the hell a flash of blue on the sleeve of a shirt instead of the ' heritage wrecking, heart ripping ' black has to do with a successful team on the pitch, which the majority of us fans want more than anything else, is beyond a lot of us.
Your reasoning is a poor excuse to have a sustained go whilst there is no justification to do so, black , blue , yellow or purple, I and a healthy percentage don't care, winning football matches is what matters most.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Lloyder5 wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 15:11 I believe the shorts were black when the yellow and blue shirt was first introduced. Looked good.
Indeed they were. Yellow shirts with blue sleeves and black shorts for the first five years of the "yellow" era (1954-59).

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Torquay ... United.htm
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Teigngull - you are wasting your breath. Richinns is still bitter because his manboy lovechild KN got the chop.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Jerry wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 18:05 Indeed they were. Yellow shirts with blue sleeves and black shorts for the first five years of the "yellow" era (1954-59).

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Torquay ... United.htm
No fancy colour co-ordination in those days if your shorts weren't white they were black and if the kit wasn't Umbro it was Bukta ........... or so I'm told. (Teams apart from England probably only had navy blue shorts when the colour faded in the wash)
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

brucie wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 18:43 Teigngull - you are wasting your breath. Richinns is still bitter because his manboy lovechild KN got the chop.
:goodpost:
Thanks Brucie, appreciate the support on this one, some people are beyond reason at times, I have no more to say on the KN issue, he tried his hardest but came up short as many others before him & no doubt many more in the future will.
Once again cheers, :scarf: COYY :scarf:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

There may not be a yellow/blue option available from Nike, after all these are not bespoke outfits.
I do see a certain irony in all this. In the early 1970s subbuteo issued a all-gold/black trim team which was actually Dundee United's colours and attributed this set to Torquay United as well.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sad thing is, the forum is on the world wide web, and this discussion topic is out there for the frequent visitors we get from other clubs fanbase, and fans from other countries, so times us TUFC fans are really good at making ourselves look like a 'special' kind of stupid.

It's a god darn football kit, as long as the dominant colour is yellow, and the players are comfortable wearing it ( important that bit ) who cares, to be honest, I couldn't care if they wore yellow and pink dots, sponsored by grinder, as long as the team won match's in it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

The only thing I think others visiting the site would see is how agressive and vile some posters are on here to their fellow supporters and how embarrassing their responses are, seemingly not knowing how to disagree whilst offering the respect you think you would want to give to a fellow supporter who has been through exactly the same turmoil as you in recent years (not just in the post thread but many others).

I personally would rather not see our club wear yellow and black. From the age of 4 I have followed this club and the colours are yellow and blue with some white, or yellow and white with some blue. The reasons I have always believed is it represents our area (sand, sea/blue sky) which is how we like to be though of. However times change and if as long as our main colour remains yellow I don’t see it up there with the biggest of our concerns right now.

That’s my opinion (what what’s it worth) and I give it as that’s what a forums about. I don’t give it to be personal or to try and gain the acceptance of some other user who has seemingly gained a cult status on here by being miserable and having a pop at those he doesn’t agree with or those he hasn’t taken a liking too...pathetic.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What's pathetic here, and makes us look pathetic is whinging and moaning and arguing about the clubs heritage. Yellow/blue, yellow black not important, it's hardly a Cardiff situation where they changed from blue to red is it.
Formerly known as forevertufc