Chester FC v Torquay United

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

toastkid wrote:Lay off Nicolson. He's in a tough situation and is no doubt doing his best.
Don't doubt he is doing his best .....but that is not even close to being adequate
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

toastkid wrote:Lay off Nicolson. He's in a tough situation and is no doubt doing his best.

Problem with the internet is you don't know when somebody is being sarcastic...?

If, however, you're for real...don't be so fecking soft!! His best is not good enough. He's out of his depth and wouldn't have even got an interview at other clubs in this division.

Wrong appointment and we're only going one way with him in charge.

The board probably can't afford it but then they shouldn't have made such a stupid bloody mistake in the first place.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Don't worry. They train really well during the week (crap attack against crap defence), on a brilliant new trg facility. They tried hard today, didn't get the rub of the green, but the improvement can be seen.........BO..OX

Does anyone else think the club have accepted relegation with the plan to be to come straight back up.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Yet another very sad weekend for Torquay United.

Looking at the league table tonight, I can see us being bottom within a couple of weeks and with no visible sign of anything changing.

How many people, with tickets, genuinely want to go on Boxing Day?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
bornagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: matt elliot

Post by bornagull »

I don't blame Nicholson , it's we'll pass the time - the board stood up and grew a pair of balls
It's the worst i have seen in 40 years of watching my local team and that includes Dave Webb days
What's so bad is its getting worse
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Now that plan won't work. Too make my day even worse that loud clown Gordon Sparkes is yelling out of the radio as those green bastards are top of L2. Cheating shit pay off your £17 million ....
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Have the Board thought of asking Channel 4 in to film a fly on the wall documentary series about the Gulls? Storyline: crap team humiliated week after week, appoint clueless manager, loyal fans heartbroken. A follow up to the documentary about the clown running a hotel in Torquay, also with laughable lack of management skills. Could be a winner?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Jeff wrote:I might be mis-interpreting things, but this is how I see the situation:

Fabian Speiss gets the opportunity to leave and play below Conf level (as he can do under the current regulations) - he asks the club and, as Nico probably wanted shot of him anyway, allows him to go.

The club signs Corderoy as a short term measure to get us through the Xmas period, just in case Lavercombe gets sent off/picks up a knock. We are outside the loan deadline, so we could only sign someone below Conf level. Given that most players down to Southern League Level will be on some kind of contract and subject to the "7-day approach" rule, if you're not satisfied with Corderoy as an emergency measure where do you propose this emergency keeper comes from?

Reading the HE, Nico says "but I am hopeful that we will have another 'keeper and a coach on board in the near-future" - so, come Jan 1st (or sometime early in Jan), the club signs a more senior keeper who doubles up as Goal Keeping coach. The much vaunted Steve Mildenhall - warming the bench at Rovers at the age of 36 - would surely be the ideal candidate (or someone similar), and he takes up the combined salary that was being used on Kenny Veysey and Speiss.

If the scenario plays out like this, and providing Corderoy doesn't actually get any game time, then its not as bad a state of affairs as people want to make out
Any manager with any balls would not have let Spiess go there must be something they are not telling us (Perhaps he was not under contract so he could leave if another club came in) or was it something else which I won't say as I cannot believe that the board have allowed him to go.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

So Robbie comes out and gives interview. Hope that's because KN is having a good speaking to by people who run this circus.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

The fact Kev took himself off and didn't do the interview means he has started to walk back to Torquay without a job... Pleaseeeeeeeeee
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

I was a bank manager but to get to that managerial position I had 20 years training and experience. When I retired I would not have expected a cashier to take over. That is precisely what has happened at the Club with Hargreaves and Nicholson. Experience is vital in management but it would appear that there is a distinct shortage of that commodity from the top to the bottom of the Club. Until this is addressed the present situation can only continue its downward spiral.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Will be waiting eagerly to see a report and/or reaction from those who went to the game.

you're all completely mental but full respect from me because I wouldn't do it!
Clive Bissel
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Clive Bissel »

On another thread from Dave Caldwell but surely now the board have got to roll that dice or come out and say no money in the kitty to sack KN so put up or shut as he's here until the lights are turned off which at this rate won't be far away
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Maybe Speiss has gone to sell houses with Jordan Seabright...(remember him?).
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote:
My blood is red but it doesn't mean I would be any use to Liverpool so I see what you mean. Interestingly though my piss can be yellow on occasion ;-)

That's probably more appropriate after today!!!