Torquay United v Morecambe - 4/1/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

arcadia wrote: Nico has differrant qualities to Cruise and can clear his lines. :rofl:
Is that why every time he had the chance, he tried to take an extra touch and got all his clearances closed down and blocked in the first half?

I'm with Dave, we all saw that Nico's legs had gone in the first few games of the season, and called for the change to be made. It has since been proven that Cruise is probably not up to being the replacement on a long term basis, but up until the end of the season, we're going to need both to get us through.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

acarida you're right, Nico and Cruise do have different qualities, if Nico was 2 years younger I would have him in the team over Cruise every day of the week, however it was plain to see at the start of the season as Nick says, Nico's legs were gone, it was nice to see him get some what appear to be sentimental motm votes, however plain fact as a left back one on one yesterday he got well and truly rodgered. When Cruise is fit, I would put him back in because, the one thing he can do better than Nico, is, well, urm, run.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

nickfrench82 wrote: Is that why every time he had the chance, he tried to take an extra touch and got all his clearances closed down and blocked in the first half?

I'm with Dave, we all saw that Nico's legs had gone in the first few games of the season, and called for the change to be made. It has since been proven that Cruise is probably not up to being the replacement on a long term basis, but up until the end of the season, we're going to need both to get us through.
I agree with you but the manager has no choice unless Craig can play there.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its one of the positions that needs filling. The new manager needs a left back (in the O'Connor mode) and a striker.
Thats the two positions that need addressing in the team.
Nicholson did well yesterday but he isn't the answer for the rest of the season.
We need an athletic left back. O'Connor was sensational in the first half yesterday. He was only prevented from matching that in the second half due to the fact that he was trying to run through a bog.