29 May 2021. Who will be Top of the National League?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Incredible stuff - 2-1 down again now but Woking shooing from 15 yards inside their own half ...and some kamikaze tackling😂
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Sutton back in the lead with two quick goals 3-1. Game, set, match there. And Maidenhead down 0-2. I guess their promotion hopes are gone then.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Arse - 3-1
Anticipate floodgates opening
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Big finish !!! 3-2 five minutes 😂😂😂
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Well, thanks Woking for giving that everything.
Sutton will now need to recover from that!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Fair play to Woking for not rolling over. Two big games ahead for Sutton - Maidenhead will be no walk in the park - they will be able to come out and play their game without anything riding on it - Hartlepool will be still looking for that third spot and will play like demons. It's not over yet!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

We listened to Stockport v D&G on Radio Strawberry, the comms team said that Dagenham were the best team they have seen at Edgeley Park this season and should have taken all three points.

Listening, I would say that the youngster Rydel was causing problems down the Dagenham left. He was their Man of the Match. We will have to watch him on Sunday.

When the final whistle sounded, we tuned in to Radio Surrey. Not straight forward for Sutton but had too much for Woking, although they put up a decent show.

A win on Sunday will just about eliminate Stockport from the title race. We just need Sutton to drop points at Maidenhead.

Squeeky bum time!!!
COYY.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Sutton have two reasonably tough games coming up and could drop two points from each. We will have a good idea what we need to do by Sunday. If they do drop points to Maidenhead then we have a real incentive to seek to wrest control back from them against County. Although the best we can hope for against Stockport is probably a draw it won't be the end of the world because Hartlepool are good enough to get a draw from Sutton in the penultimate game whereas I hope and expect us to win both of our final games. Definitely squeaky bum time though!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

I think that's Stockport out of the title battle with that draw. Now a two horse race 3 left.
Hopefully Sutton will drop points and we will not slip up.
Still think there will be a few more twists to come! Hoping they will be in our favour
Just need a victory a Stockport Sunday for starters
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I will stick my neck on the line here and say that IF we win on Sunday at Stockport we will win the league.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Could be the case BUT it’s a very very big ask!
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

Sutton only winning 32 at home to Woking shows that there’s no way they will win the next three games. I think they will drop points in next two games, but I don’t think we will win on Sunday either. There will be another chance to seize this and I hope we take it.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Sutton are a very good side, which they showed in some blistering spells last night. I felt though that the game ended with relief rather than confidence for them, because they showed some glaring weaknesses at times. They let Woking, who have lost most of their recent matches, back into the game in the last 15 minutes, as they did when they played Notts County recently. I will be very surprised if Sutton win all their remaining games. That last minute free kick for Woking, I was willing the ball into the net, but it was not to be.
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Sutton haven't won at Maidenhead since 2013. And Sutton have only beaten Maidenhead once in their last 10 meetings, according to Flashscore. Maidenhead winning seven and two draws. I'm looking for any slight bit of hope....
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

At least with only a one goal margin win last night, goal difference could still play a part although Sutton are ahead by 3 and scored 2 more goals. Just hope Maidenhead have a goalkeeper on Saturday after last night.