FA Trophy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well guys. don't go crowing about silverware yet. first we have to get past Wrexham. that will be a test in it's self. then assuming its Bath will have a battle on our hands.

As many say the Northern conference is tougher it might be Norf Ferriby (which I am reliably informed is the posh part of Hull. Nah. they aint got a posh part!). Anyway, assuming either go through we will have to fight mightily.
Bath last night produced a really battling display to dispose of Dover who were a tough rough side. Not that Bath let them have it all their own way with a few hard tackles themselves. including a could of over the top ones too.
They played with quality and there are three of four players we would need to keep a look out for.

We won't have to worry too much about support. their fans are not particularly agressive and indeed gave me a very warm welcome. The only problem is numbers and this might yet be a very low attended final. although I do wonder if Brissle Rovers fans might come and swell support for Bath.

I must have been about the first fan to arrive at the ground and waiting outside I was greeted by one of the club officials who eventually showed me into the sponsors lounge untill staff opened up the bar.I was certainly the first normal fan outside of the directors to buy a programme.
I was glad to get down to the bar as it was much more comfortable. having got my programme. I found myself talking to Adie Brittain. who is their Director of football. Adie has been a much travelled footballer in these parts and is well known. he is very likeble and takes times to talk to all supporters no matter who they follow. assuming you are civil to him. One thing I did like was the players all came down to the bar to mix with the ordinary fans. fans dont need to have special tickets to be in a special part of the stand to mix with players. its a family club with a family feel. all for one and one for all. is that what we miss at Plainmoor.?

I will go into a little more detail about the match in a later post as Im pooped right now.

I did go past the area where that awful crash happened yesterday. I was one of the first cars allowed past there as they were just opening the road. it is a main road into Bath from the A46 so my freind drove me down there. yes vehicles were cleared away. but the rest is still an awful mess. And you get an impression of how horrible the crash really was when you see the carnage caused.. its close to the ground and very close to the hospital too.. My thought do to all involved. The match did start with a minutes silence for the tragedy. respected by all !
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:makes the decision to schedule the home game against Lincoln in between the semi final a bit silly!

Nice little sharpener before the 2nd leg as I can not see us making the play offs and we should not be fighting relagation ;-)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

It will be a very interesting couple of weeks coming up.

Can the team cope with the pressure of a chance to play at Wembley? Wrexham have been there a few times in the last couple of seasons if memory serves me right.

I'm sure Hargreaves will talk about his experiences and how to deal with the pressure

As long as we don't lose the away leg, we have every chance.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:makes the decision to schedule the home game against Lincoln in between the semi final a bit silly!
Conference have agreed we can change the date,and club is in process of doing so;along with Woking and Chester games.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote: Conference have agreed we can change the date,and club is in process of doing so;along with Woking and Chester games.
Thanks for that, will be a busy March and April!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

thanks ! Was just about to give away work for the 24th. Would have been cross to then find out that the match had been rearranged ! This is precisely the issue that Kelvin Thomas has been referring to : lack of flipping communication ! Hurrah for forums !!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Away + Home Ticket prices

Wrexham v Torquay United
Racecourse Ground
Saturday, February 21

Ticket Prices
Adults - £15
Over 62 / Under 21 - £10
Over 80 / Under 16 - £5
Under 11 with accompanying Adult through the same turnstile - £1

Travel Club Departures
Paignton Railway Station – 7.30am
Torquay Coach Station – 7.45am
Newton Abbot, Pen Inn – 8am
Exeter Services – 8.20am

Return Fare
Adult - £22
Under 12s - £11

Torquay v Wrexham
Launa Windows Stadium
Saturday, February 28

Bristow’s Bench – Main Grandstand and seating area for away fans
Adults - £16
Over 65 / Students with NUS - £10
Under 16 - £1

Family Stand
Adults-£15
Over 65 / Students with NUS -£8
Under 16 - £1

Popside / away terrace
Adults-£13
Over 65 / Students with NUS -£8
Under 16 - £1

The second leg will be a Yellow Day at the Launa Windows Stadium. Watch this space for more details on a massive Yellow adventure that could end up with a trip to Wembley.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 67056.aspx
Last edited by ethantufcbaker on 12 Feb 2015, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

I would double check those leaving times for the travel club. It's a 3pm kick off and I'd be very surprised if its not leaving Paignton until 1000.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

A Realist wrote:I would double check those leaving times for the travel club. It's a 3pm kick off and I'd be very surprised if its not leaving Paignton until 1000.
You are right don't know how that happened
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by WestKentGull »

Just been browsing 'Red Passion' and it seems (to me) that most of the Wrexham fans on there are very apathetic about the Trophy. A few stating that they would rather watch it on tv than travel to Wembley (if they mad it there)...and, more laughably, one even said he would rather the final be at Villa Park... wtf! it's a cup final ffs! Why would you want it held in a prem league stadium rather than the home of English football?!

Does anyone know if the two legs of the semi-final are being shown on S4C?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

WestKentGull wrote:Just been browsing 'Red Passion' and it seems (to me) that most of the Wrexham fans on there are very apathetic about the Trophy. A few stating that they would rather watch it on tv than travel to Wembley (if they mad it there)...and, more laughably, one even said he would rather the final be at Villa Park... wtf! it's a cup final ffs! Why would you want it held in a prem league stadium rather than the home of English football?!
Does anyone know if the two legs of the semi-final are being shown on S4C?

Because they're Welsh? ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
WYGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ian Twitchin

Post by WYGull »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote: Conference have agreed we can change the date,and club is in process of doing so;along with Woking and Chester games.
Has the Lincoln game been rearranged then? Still down as next Tuesday on TUFC, Lincoln and BBC sites.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

WYGull wrote: Has the Lincoln game been rearranged then? Still down as next Tuesday on TUFC, Lincoln and BBC sites.
Its still scheduled for next Tuesday as Wrexham also have a game that night at home to Forest Green.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

According to the Wrexham Supporters Trust(club owners) they made about £300,000 from their FA Trophy run and win last year;so definitely a trophy worth winning.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:According to the Wrexham Supporters Trust(club owners) they made about £300,000 from their FA Trophy run and win last year;so definitely a trophy worth winning.
Cambridge won it last year
Lucy