woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Got though this morning to be told all tickets sold. Lesson learned. Seems I need to rock up at Plainmoor to be guaranteed a ticket. Fingers crossed for extra tickets to be made available. I think we could sell at least another two hundred.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Wokingham Gull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 09:14 I Doubt either of those games will be segregated, or even be ticket only (unless there is major trouble at Woking), so we will probably have better access to these games than at Woking, where we have been limited tickets. Unless somebody else knows better.
Chippenham announced today that the game will be all ticket.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Actually reading the Chippenham website it sounds like they will reduce the capacity for safety reasons and segregation will be in force. Given that their full capacity is only 3000 there are probably going to be a lot of disappointed gulls supporters.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Big question: How many have we got going from the capital and are there any efforts to coordinate getting on one train? There's one from Waterloo that gets in at 12:12, looks like the south west lot are getting in at 12:15 so that would create a wonderful mass of yellows!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 17:34 Why the assumption Woking won't sell their full home allocation? If the game was at Plainmoor you would expect us to sell out of home tickets despite the fact we are still playing in a half empty stadium for other home fixtures despite the success of the team.
I think they'll have a good crowd and possibly sell out BUT I was coming from the school of thought that if our fans are buying in the home end, why not give us some more anyway - save on possible trouble etc for both sides so we can be separated. It would make for an even better atmosphere. We could take another 500-1000 if they'll let us.

I know the obvious problem is the systems are so naff at this level (us included) that they've no idea who is buying tickets.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

madgull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 19:07 Big question: How many have we got going from the capital and are there any efforts to coordinate getting on one train? There's one from Waterloo that gets in at 12:12, looks like the south west lot are getting in at 12:15 so that would create a wonderful mass of yellows!
I'll be going in from Waterloo
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Midlandgull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 19:22 I'll be going in from Waterloo
Same here (after the train in from Rugby to London!), just wondering if there will be enough doing the same to go for one train. The 1145 gets in at 1212 and the 1150 gets in at 1215 (the same time as the one from the south west does), so either way would be enough to create a sea of yellow!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Midlandgull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 19:21 I think they'll have a good crowd and possibly sell out BUT I was coming from the school of thought that if our fans are buying in the home end, why not give us some more anyway - save on possible trouble etc for both sides so we can be separated. It would make for an even better atmosphere. We could take another 500-1000 if they'll let us.

I know the obvious problem is the systems are so naff at this level (us included) that they've no idea who is buying tickets.
I see your point and it is a valid one. But on the other hand for a fixture of this magnitude I think Woking would want to ensure as hostile an atmosphere as possible in their favour, hence reducing our presence as much as legally possible with regards to National League regulations on ticket allocations to away supporters.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

madgull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 19:41 Same here (after the train in from Rugby to London!), just wondering if there will be enough doing the same to go for one train. The 1145 gets in at 1212 and the 1150 gets in at 1215 (the same time as the one from the south west does), so either way would be enough to create a sea of yellow!
I think there are quite a lot of trains from Waterloo to Woking so we might all get spread out. I'll go for the 1150 one though, see you there :scarf:
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

Joe Oastler playing tonight for Oxford City v Woking. Can he do us a favour? Bobson Bawling on the bench...cometh the man...clutching at straws now
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

Oxford City 1-0 Woking...
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Midlandgull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 20:01 Oxford City 1-0 Woking...

Penalty 😊
Hope someone got sent off
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 18:42 Actually reading the Chippenham website it sounds like they will reduce the capacity for safety reasons and segregation will be in force. Given that their full capacity is only 3000 there are probably going to be a lot of disappointed gulls supporters.
Unless I'm misreading their site they are allocating 3/4 of the ground to us, so should not be too many disappointed supporters :bow: :bow:
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

madgull wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 19:07 Big question: How many have we got going from the capital and are there any efforts to coordinate getting on one train? There's one from Waterloo that gets in at 12:12, looks like the south west lot are getting in at 12:15 so that would create a wonderful mass of yellows!
I will be going but driving from Bromley. Got a ticket today.
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

1-1