Macklin out until Feb

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Macklin out until Feb

Post by Richinns »

Broken foot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19959628

Shame for him and us - has had a couple of unlucky injuries in the period where he has seemed to turn his attitude and application around.

Means only Danny and Niall to pick from for the right wing/attacker spot.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote:Broken foot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19959628

Shame for him and us - has had a couple of unlucky injuries in the period where he has seemed to turn his attitude and application around.

Means only Danny and Niall to pick from for the right wing/attacker spot.
Not to forget Yeoman!

With this and Morris are we now going to see a new attacking option on loan?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

:( .
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

I really can't believe the turn around in opinion on Macklin this year.
A lot of people are genuinely gutted he's out for a while. why!????!
This is the guy slated for being a waster and nobody wanted for free at the beginning of the season!
I've watched this guy for a few years now with hope of fulfilled potential but seen completely the opposite.
he's always being carried in league games. nowhere near the quality required for league 2. only seen 2 games where he's looked up to the required standard and they were both friendlies.
it may sound harsh, but i'm glad this now gives some real contenders (like Thompson) the chance to step up to the mark.
imho we wont miss him in the slightest
blessing in disguise...? :whistle:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Wubble U wrote:I really can't believe the turn around in opinion on Macklin this year.
A lot of people are genuinely gutted he's out for a while. why!????!
This is the guy slated for being a waster and nobody wanted for free at the beginning of the season!
I've watched this guy for a few years now with hope of fulfilled potential but seen completely the opposite.
he's always being carried in league games. nowhere near the quality required for league 2. only seen 2 games where he's looked up to the required standard and they were both friendlies.
it may sound harsh, but i'm glad this now gives some real contenders (like Thompson) the chance to step up to the mark.
imho we wont miss him in the slightest
blessing in disguise...? :whistle:
I can't give any proper feedback on this as I haven't actually seen him play this season but, rumour has it, that he has upped his game this season (probably down to Ling giving him a much deserved public bollocking), and appeared to be turning into one of our better players this season. Hence the turnaround in some of the paying punters opinions.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Macklin has, when correctly utilised (to no greater an extent than any other player, anyone remember Manse the right back?), this season been genuinely threatening. He gives us the option to turn the opposition defence, get them facing their own goal, and constantly worrying about the pace of the man in behind. This is especially effective later in the match. We seem to play more on the counter in the latter stages of games this year, with Rene bulldozing his way through the middle and balls over the top searching for the pace down the flanks of Macklin, Tommo or both. This has proved effective in a number of games this season and Macklin has played his part well.

Wubble is right (although certainly not alone in his opinion, which is a number of months old now) that Macklin was a total waste of time for the last couple of years, but that is no longer the case. I believe this is a combination of a little maturity, the telling off from Dinger, and his excursion to Hereford, where presumably he found out just what a cushy life he has to Torquay, earning good money in decent surroundings with a nice bunch of lads, rather than down Hereford way, for half the salary and considerably less in the way of perks. No, Torquay isn't the glitz and glamour of Manchester United, but it could be a damn sight worse and I think Lloyd has realised now just how fortunate he is.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

I agree he has certainly improved his attitude this season.
and he can definitely run at full backs as well as most league 2 wingers
Problem is for every 1 skinning of a fullback, he'll lose the ball stupidly 10 times.
Moreover, having skinned a fullback, he'll then waste the cross too
basically, he looks like a threat, but there's never an end product.
dead wood imo and i'd rather a promising youngster given the chance
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Wubble U wrote:I agree he has certainly improved his attitude this season.
and he can definitely run at full backs as well as most league 2 wingers
Problem is for every 1 skinning of a fullback, he'll lose the ball stupidly 10 times.
Moreover, having skinned a fullback, he'll then waste the cross too
basically, he looks like a threat, but there's never an end product.
dead wood imo and i'd rather a promising youngster given the chance
Whatever you do, steer clear of Leadbitter, you might well have a heart attack :~D

In terms of Mackers, I think he'll do alright if only he can stay injury free. If (and it's a big if) he can maintain his upturn in attitude throughout this latest setback and if he can return to training and be determined to play in our end of season auto promotion push ( :devil: ), then I believe he will be an asset to us next season in L1 ( :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: )

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"