Use of the loan market.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Use of the loan market.

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Looks like Lingy will be looking for a replacement or two for some of our injured players. I would imagine it'll be 2 or 3 players, with my guesses being a CM, Winger and possibly another striker (probably a youngster from a Championship club or something).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19341312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

NickGull wrote:Looks like Lingy will be looking for a replacement or two for some of our injured players. I would imagine it'll be 2 or 3 players, with my guesses being a CM, Winger and possibly another striker (probably a youngster from a Championship club or something).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19341312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We need a couple. Do not like using Morris and Jarvis on the wing. With Howe this offers no pace threat what-so-ever.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I wonder whether Lingy might make a move for Jake Robinson who has been completely frozen out by Boothroyd at Northampton after annoying him with one of his "tweets". It seems certain that his time is up at NTFC but I would imagine he is on very good money and with a year still left on his contract a move away would suit all parties but I somehow doubt a permanent move unless Jake is prepared to take what would amount to a pretty hefty drop in wages I would think. Perhaps a loan move until January might suit everyone though?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote:I wonder whether Lingy might make a move for Jake Robinson who has been completely frozen out by Boothroyd at Northampton after annoying him with one of his "tweets". It seems certain that his time is up at NTFC but I would imagine he is on very good money and with a year still left on his contract a move away would suit all parties but I somehow doubt a permanent move unless Jake is prepared to take what would amount to a pretty hefty drop in wages I would think. Perhaps a loan move until January might suit everyone though?
Would be happy with this - thought Jake offered something and has pace which is what we miss on one side without Macklin or Stevens fit. Also has a goal or two in him. Incidentally - what was his tweet which p1ssed Boothroyd off about?
TUST member 328
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

would like to see jake back, skillful player with bags of pace. also could use thompson for the short term, give the lad a chance to see what he can do
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Richinns wrote: Would be happy with this - thought Jake offered something and has pace which is what we miss on one side without Macklin or Stevens fit. Also has a goal or two in him. Incidentally - what was his tweet which p1ssed Boothroyd off about?
Just frustration on the part of JR at not being involved in the first team matchday squad after what appears to have been a pretty decent pre season for him (four goals scored) .... all explained here:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport ... -1-4179807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

"I understand all players want to play and if they want to go somewhere else then that’s fine but somebody’s got to want them".

Sounds very much like he wants to offload him - and the fact he is saying somebody has got to want them indicates this was way before this incident. Would be happy for him to return and seems to get on well with guys already here so should not distract from the team spirit.
TUST member 328
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Follow NTFC forum and you'll see that their club is a complete shambles. Each manager they have attempts to stamp his mark and authority by doing away with every single aspect of the club which was the making of his predecessor. Players, methods, contracts, everything. That's fine if you have 1 manager every 10 years. However, Northampton have had two managers a year for the last 3 years (or whatever) which has caused absolute havoc at the club. This is what happens when you go for big time Charlie managers that are miles beyond this division. It's like entering an F1 car into the rally of Sweden, sounds like a great idea, having 3 times the power of all your rivals, but simply not being set up to deal with the rigours of WRC will mean you come last. It's horses for courses.

Yes, please, we'll have JR back on two conditions. Firstly, he can whistle for his two grand a week (a pretty accurate guess, I'll wager) and secondly, that whichever fat bint at the club bollocksed up his registration last time is allowed nowhere near the fax machine.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

JR takes, how shall we put it, a certain type of person to manager.
He certainly has the ability on the pitch but also carries a reputation....if he is going to upset what appears to be a happy dressing room then there is no way we should bring him in.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

MidDevon wrote:JR takes, how shall we put it, a certain type of person to manager.
He certainly has the ability on the pitch but also carries a reputation....if he is going to upset what appears to be a happy dressing room then there is no way we should bring him in.
He didnt upset the dressing room last time. And if anyone can get the best out of someone its Ling...Just look at Macklin for example. And Robinson enjoyed it down here last time so could be interested in coming back.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I am not saying he did, altough certain individuals were put out when he came in (which I know is no surprise in the crazy world of loanees....imagine staying on the bench and seeing a player take a position you feel you could fill yourself) but it is well known that he DID upset the dressing rooms at Shrewsbury, Northampton and Aldershot.

I am sure the Torquay management team handled him well at the time, but that does not mean the present team will necessarily want him.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Yes, please, we'll have JR back on two conditions. Firstly, he can whistle for his two grand a week (a pretty accurate guess, I'll wager) and secondly, that whichever fat bint at the club bollocksed up his registration last time is allowed nowhere near the fax machine.

Matt.[/quote]
Say that to her face keyboard warrior! Also your not funny just a complete dick!
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Jake got on well with the majority of the squad, but this may not matter anyway. He had a trial under Lingy last January, which didn't end up in a loan offer, so you would assume he's not a player that interests our management.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

nicktufc wrote:Jake got on well with the majority of the squad, but this may not matter anyway. He had a trial under Lingy last January, which didn't end up in a loan offer, so you would assume he's not a player that interests our management.
Is that fact, that he had a trial with us? I know it was talked about on here, but it was never really obvious whether it was an "I wish...." scenario or reality.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Aussie wrote:Yes, please, we'll have JR back on two conditions. Firstly, he can whistle for his two grand a week (a pretty accurate guess, I'll wager) and secondly, that whichever fat bint at the club bollocksed up his registration last time is allowed nowhere near the fax machine.

Matt.
Say that to her face keyboard warrior! Also your not funny just a complete dick![/quote]

I'll be there Saturday, I'd be delighted to say it to her face, please arrange the introductions.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"