McPhee made available

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

SteveDeckchair wrote:Made me chuckle! I particularly liked the last line..... He he.

In defence of Brucie though, we would have been in our poorest run of form in the season. On the other hand, it seems he sometimes can't wait to criticise.

Either way, I doubt he'll be too bothered at being stalked by gin2p! Let's face it, we all talk a load of old arse on here sometimes......
I think "stalked" is a bit harsh, and quite frankly I don't give a monkey's ar*e about his view on me! When somebody ONLY criticises (putting down players, the manager & the tactics in a very harsh and unforgiving way) and then has the arrogance to talk about being right "again" then as far as I am concerned it is game on. I know this is a forum, but I believe that we should all have the humility to criticise in a measured, less condemning way. All I did was use his own words to draw attention to his own human frailties!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

GiTP, it made me laugh. Some quality quotes there but my favourite was

"Some people need to take a healthy dose of realism. Anyone can post sh*t like trojan has can any sane person really see the current side going on a run of wins?"

How wrong can one person be :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Chris McPhee is proven at conference level. with both Ebbsfleet and Kiddie, it does not suprise me to hear rumours that some bsp clubs are interested in him, both he and Atieno will get club's at this level no doubt.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote:

Anyone can post sh*t like trojan. Can any sane person really see the current side going on a run of wins?

The answer is/was . . . . . . :nod: :-D

Some of us stuck with Dinger (each individual knows who they are) but we never expected THAT run of wins.

:clap: :bow: :clap:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well Southampton Gull was telling us how well Mcphee was going to do - well he did exactly sod all. Bleddy nice bloke though and will do a job in the Bsp (because he cannot hack it any highre).
Basically Mcphee was as crap as he was first time around. Granted he never let us down but that was because Ling never put him on the pitch.
Full credit to Ling and delighted to be proved wrong (and that doesn't happen very often)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Did I now? Perhaps you would like to drag up a quote to back up your theory, Terry?

In actual fact, he was a vital member of the team that got 3 points at Whaddon Road, without his contribution that night we wouldn't have got that win. You're proved wrong time and time again.
Dave

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Dave, how dare you talk back to brucie. Shame on you.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I think Brucie is always right.I agree with him.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

How can you possibly know that "McPhee was as crap as he was first time around"
If
"Ling never put him on the pitch"?

You're not telling me you don't go to games, but you do go to watch training, are you?

*once again awaits answer which will never come*

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

In the two games I saw McPhee play central midfield I thought he did a decent enough job. Wasn't as mobile as Lathrope but the energy levels were the same, his passing was ok, his defensive work was generally good. I just put on the Atieno thread, McPhee is an adequate squad player but that's it at this level. He can fill in for a game or two as a midfield player but not long term. If we want to be better he's someone that needs to move on, I'm sure there will be a host of BSP clubs that would have him.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Update on the OS. Looks like he'll be out on loan to a BSP team until January..
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Good news. Nothing against McPhee personally but just don't think he can hack it in the FL, which is quite strange given that he was highly regarded in the BSP.

I wonder whether he might turn up at Forest Green? Throwing a bit of cash at a promotion challenge, a proven player at that level could be a good fit, plus it's as local as he's going to get to here.

Hopefully it'll free up a corresponding chunk of salary for us to get a long-term loanee in.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Thats how I see it. I hope we don't end up paying any of his wages while he is away.. Kidderminster perhaps?
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Well if he pops up at Kiddie or Forest Green then I'll drop in and let you all know how he gets on.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

stratfordgull wrote:Well if he pops up at Kiddie or Forest Green then I'll drop in and let you all know how he gets on.
You need to get out more ;-)
"Also, stands aren't sentient."