Bobby to Peterborough?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

In line with Andy's tweets, the transfer is confirmed in their local press although in reality it's just a copy of what the Posh Chairman posted on his twitter feed!

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spor ... -1-3964111
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Herald link to same story here:

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/story ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hate the undisclosed! Tell it how it is!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Casper Blue
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Bobby Olejnik

Post by Casper Blue »

I hope he lives up to your expectations while at Posh and I hope you got for him what he was worth,
It wouldn't surprise me if we go on to sign another keeper before the season starts, as Joe Day is not experienced and only young.
I wish you every success in the coming season, and I must compliment you on a very civilised Fans Forum. :-D

The Ghost.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He's already far surpassed our expectations, he's a real class act and you've got yourself a quality keeper and also a very dedicated professional.

He should help improve your defensive record ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

It's a great shame that Bobby is leaving; he's one of the best GK I've seen in a TUFC shirt. However £300k is a good sum and I have faith in ML that he'll find a good replacement.

Good Luck and Thanks to Bobby! :bow:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Good luck to Bobby, a well deserved step up in his career. He did us proud last season, a first class keeper and a credit to the team. It was a pleasure to watch him play for the Gulls.

I only wish that Eunan was taking a well deserved step up, but I fear he may may be moving sideways in the short term and downwards in the medium term if he joins Creepy.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I wish him all the best, not only because he deserves it but so we can get a substantial sell-on fee.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

gutted he's gone, but it was inevitable after the season he had. good keepers are essential at any level, and he was clearly the best in div2. Good luck to him, i hope he does well.

a few people have mentioned Michael Poke, and i thought he was great when he was with us, but i work with a close friend of his, and sounds like he wouldn't be interested in coming back. he's shacked up with his bird just outside london, so not interested in a move down to devon. not that ML would necessarily go for him anyway. having found Bobby from nowhere, i'm fully confident the boss will find a suitable replacement for a fraction of the fee we received for Bobby.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

monkeyboy wrote:I wish him all the best, not only because he deserves it but so we can get a substantial sell-on fee.
I agree. I'm especially pleased we have the sell-on as I think it is very likely that at a better club he will go for more money after another decent run in form. I have full confidence in him to perform at that level and once other managers higher up in the pyramid realise he can handle it I think it's only a matter of time until he goes for a nice fee, where we get a nice little chunk of that.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

One of the best keepers i've seen at Torquay, really sad and disappointed we have lost him, although it's always going to happen to us. Wish him well though he deserves it.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Echo everyone's thoughts on here. Great keeper and deservedly moving on up.

I will never forget the ferocity of the shots in warm ups that were blasted at him, and neither will I forget seeing one of ours taking the full force of a Bobby shot during warm ups......the distance that it rebounded off the poor chaps face in the stands behind the goal was testament to the force of Bobby's Boot!!!
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

no more heel/ankle clicking...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

£300k. Happy with that, especially if there's a sell-on clause. Good luck to Bobby. He deserves to be playing at Championship level if not higher.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

If someone had said that Ling would sign a keeper not many of you had heard of (I had through FM!), have him 12 months and then sell him on for £300k or more, you'd have bitten their hands off!

Bobby was the best keeper I've seen in a Torquay shirt, but he was a true pro, never played for a move, always gave his all. I wish him all the best at Posh, and hope he reaches the top flight again.

As for ourselves, it is essential that Ling gets some of this money. We can't just sit on this money and bring in cheap replacements otherwise well find ourselves back in the graveyard that is the BSP, and we definitely don't want that!

All the best, Bobby.