Barnet v Torquay United - 30/3/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gull_Glen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean Pierre Simb

Post by Gull_Glen »

Expecting a win, but as well as McLeod, they have MR 'I score against torquay' Scott McGleish!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

it's a London thing!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Why is it on a friday anyway?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

didnt we move the home game to a friday?
still keeping the faith
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Yeah we did. Looking forward to it. Hopefully getting up at a ridiculous time in the morning will be worth it!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Why do Barnet have to move the game to a friday night just because we did? It doesn't make any sense to me.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I heard that these Friday night games are a Football League initiative, which clubs are persuaded or coerced to go along with, and that if two clubs agree to play on a Friday, both home and away fixtures must be on a Friday, never mind that most supporters may not want Friday night games, or that season ticket holders expecting Saturday games may lose out.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I didn't know that. Maybe the Football League should consider fixtures involving clubs that are nearer to each other for a friday night switch meaning most home and away fans could make it. That's too obvious though and common sense which is something people getting paid loads at the FL don't have. No, they would rather Torquay fans try and get to north london on a friday when rush hour traffic is at its worst AND having a pointless 8pm kick off instead of 7 or 7.30 meaning an even longer trip. They couldn't find their arses with both hands those lot!! :@
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Preview here :)

http://bit.ly/Hm7Wms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

mcgleish does seem to have a decent record against us, I seem to remember him scoring for Peterborough once?
without McLeod they'd surely be bottom and he'll prove to be a big test for Ellis and Saah I imagine
still hope we've got the ability to come away with all three points in a high scoring game, 1-3 Torquay, Howe 2 stevens
still keeping the faith
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

The Barnet supporters must have a strong constitution to endure the last 3 seasons, every April they have to tighten their buttocks and perform the staying up dance...
Capture.GIF
Capture.GIF (4.53 KiB) Viewed 867 times
That said I am a little apprehensive of the fixture with McLeod to keep our magnificent defensive unit busy.
Heart says 2-1 Gulls Jarvis brace yet again
Head says 1-1
COYY
'Cometh the hour,cometh the Gulls'

All together now :

venit hora, venit gulls
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Gull_Glen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean Pierre Simb

Post by Gull_Glen »

3-1 or 3-2 i think.

Rene to get 2 or maybe all 3 (good bet).

Checked out nick gulls preview - pretty good, but you could of gone further back in previous meetings.
I remember THAT(3-2) game, and another 1-0 at barnet lee thorpe late winner
stargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by stargull »

I remember that 1-0. Wasn't that the relegation season? Lulled by the adrenaline after what was an awful game we all sat in the pub & talked about how the team looked set for a good run...
markygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markygull »

i remember a different 1-0 in my only visit to underhill - we lost 1-0, we were rubbish and that fat bloke paul robinson missed a penalty right in front of the travelling gulls - rubbish day out
Champions League Winners 4 years in a row 2033 - 2036 with TUFC on FM2010 :)