Colin Lee back in football ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

sorry..realised you meant Colin Lee return....in that case yes ..
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I didn't read it like that, kingsgull..
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

must be our ages :lol:
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Aussie wrote: And without him bailing out Buckle with tactical advice and taking over training when Buckle went off on one we most likely would still be in the Conference! People need to find out the facts before opening fire, yes he was on too much money but with out him restructuring the club from inside out and doing lots of other things you don`t see from the outside then we wouldn`t be where we are!
Might be an idea to put the pitch-forks and torches away until all is known! Just sayin`!

For Goodness sake Aussie, you were no more "on the inside" than me
I really do not mind being challenged on the forum, but please don't use the "I am really in the know" argument to try , pathetically, to make a point.

How Colin Lee treated me and other TUFC fans on those 2 away days was enough for me to see how he must treat those who really are "on the inside". The chairman sacked him for a reason and I would have thought as an "insider" you would KNOW the reason why, after all most people on the outside do :~D

I you were really "in the know" you certainly would not be on a public forum jumping to his defence.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

MidDevon wrote:
For Goodness sake Aussie, you were no more "on the inside" than me
I really do not mind being challenged on the forum, but please don't use the "I am really in the know" argument to try , pathetically, to make a point.

How Colin Lee treated me and other TUFC fans on those 2 away days was enough for me to see how he must treat those who really are "on the inside". The chairman sacked him for a reason and I would have thought as an "insider" you would KNOW the reason why, after all most people on the outside do :~D

I you were really "in the know" you certainly would not be on a public forum jumping to his defence.
How the hell would you know what I know? We`re you in No.10s after every game with him and various others? Did he talk to you about certain issues? You get the hump because he walked past you one day without saying hello, did it occur to you he might have had something troubling him, sounds like sour grapes to me! Also I didn`t come on here to jump to his defence, just to point out some facts as I know them, I even stated I thought he was paid to much so your arguement is flawed just on that basis.
It would appear that you think we would have done just as well without him streering the ship, now that is deluded and pathetic just because he didn`t come running over specifically to greet you and worship the very ground you walk on! On another note I was not trying to appear to be giving it the big "insider" bit, I can`t help it if it looks that way, I`m just telling it how I saw it but feel free to have a go at me if it makes you feel better! I could say alot more about the details of it all but that would be very careless of me just to prove a point to you! I would solomnly suggest that you chill out a bit please and try not to get more detail out of what is written than is actually written!
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

What lovely weather we are having today.

Oops sorry – Wrong thread. Wrong board. Wrong website. Just wrong.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Starcross_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Starcross_Gull »

Aussie wrote: And without him bailing out Buckle with tactical advice and taking over training when Buckle went off on one we most likely would still be in the Conference! People need to find out the facts before opening fire, yes he was on too much money but with out him restructuring the club from inside out and doing lots of other things you don`t see from the outside then we wouldn`t be where we are!
Might be an idea to put the pitch-forks and torches away until all is known! Just sayin`!
Excellent post aussie, more truth in that than what some people want to believe!!
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I watched Colin Lee when he was involved in some training sessions and it always looked as though the players were just "tolerating" him. I never saw him give tactical advice. It was more like fitness training.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

There's nothing quite so sweet as a rose tinter :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Cracking good post Aussie....well done :-D
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

When it was revealed on this forum that Colin Lee wanted around £100,000 as a pay-off there was an article in the Indy with the heading " Lee brands pay-off rumours as "farcical" (october 10th 2010)In the article Colin Lee is quoted saying "The comments being made(on the internet)are totally untrue-I dont know why supporters actually take notice of them." and "the figure that's being touted about is farcical". We now know that Lee was indeed paid a £100,000 pay-off. It is very difficult to trust someone who can go to the press and say one thing and then do the opposite.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Aussie

You can kill any post on here by claiming you are closer to each and every situation that people comment on. I suspect you like the fact that some seem to believe you.

Football forums up and down the land have many many "Aussies" on them, but judging by what you offer the forum, me thinks you are not quite as close to things as you would like me to believe

Give me Southampton Gull anyday (not literary of course)!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Well said Mid.

The trouble is Aussie, we have many members who are close to the club and have proven it over time with credible information through things like transfer rumours and breaking team news. Once that information is proven to be correct, then it allows us to trust them more. So far, you've not really shown anything to prove that you are really that close to the club apart from say that you are and then proceed to disagree with the people who supply information that we know and trust.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

cambgull wrote:Well said Mid.

The trouble is Aussie, we have many members who are close to the club and have proven it over time with credible information through things like transfer rumours and breaking team news. Once that information is proven to be correct, then it allows us to trust them more. So far, you've not really shown anything to prove that you are really that close to the club apart from say that you are and then proceed to disagree with the people who supply information that we know and trust.
That`s the difference though isn`t it? You seem to think that transfer rumours are credible info, whether they are correct or incorrect I don`t and wont speculate about transfer rumours because they are just rumours, whether someone flukes one or two every now and then gives them credence does it? Anyone who is privilaged enough to know about such things shouldn`t be broadcasting them on a forum or to anyone for that matter until the deal is done! I could tell you loads of things about our club both good and not so good but it isn`t my place to do so and I don`t brag about what I know, I keep it to myself unless I am correcting an inaccuracy that is already in the public domain. Most of what I type is my opinion and not gospel club info unless, as already stated, it is already public knowledge!
As far as breaking team news goes that`s Tims department and he puts it on the official club site when ready.
Another point, why should I have to prove anything to anyone, they can chose to believe me or not, I`m not bothered just so long as they aren`t speading things that just aren`t true.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

MidDevon wrote:Aussie

1You can kill any post on here by claiming you are closer to each and every situation that people comment on. I suspect you like the fact that some seem to believe you.

2Football forums up and down the land have many many "Aussies" on them, but judging by what you offer the forum, me thinks you are not quite as close to things as you would like me to believe

3Give me Southampton Gull anyday (not literary of course)!
1 I do try to kill off bullsh1t rumours because they simply aren`t true, what`s the problem with that?

2 I couldn`t give a fly f*ck whether you believe me or not, I`m just trying to eliminate bullsh1t!

3 I am not in compitition with anyone about information just opinion and hell even Dave has agreed with some of what I`ve said!

Sometimes rumours or untruths have damaging effects to a football club, I just try to help in preventing that damage so what`s the harm?