glasgow rangers fc

General chat about anything else goes here.
bruciesbootcleaner

glasgow rangers fc

Post by bruciesbootcleaner »

just ask yourself this question

why do glasgow rangers believe they are exempt from paying income tax?
over the past 8/10 years they have fiddled/evaded/not paid their tax bill amounting to
a staggering sum of around £50 million pounds plus interest, plus another £9million from
march 2011 todays date!!
they are not contesting the miserly sum of £9 million but say HMRC have got their figures wrong,
with their previous tax avoidence sums,
somehow i dont think so,
if it was you & i who refused to pay our taxes, we would soon end up in "chokey"
this is nt about football it is about "sir david douglas bader murray" running up debts,
over the years & leaving the club in a financial meltdown situation,
when he realised the "brown stuff", was about to hit the fan!
make no mistake this could see rangers football club, put out of business, as we know it,
BIT OF GOOD NEWS FOR ALL THOSE RANGERS FANS THOUGH,

"did hear on the grapevine that the administrators, were already in talks with a consortium, ready & willing to take over the club, headed up by a successful businessman/entrepeneur MR.CHRISTOPHER ROBERTS, MBE, OBE, CBE ETC!!!!!!!!!!!
"mr roberts was quoted as saying " we have the finance in place, just waiting for a close associate, to pledge his life savings & pension to the cause,then we are good to go"
first thing we will explore is the possibility of a ground share arrangement with our close neighbours " glasgow celtic"
& whether the local council will put all the money up for demolishing the existing ibrox site, & in its place build a brand new state of the art "THEME PARK & RUGBY GROUND"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

bruciesbootcleaner wrote:just ask yourself this question

why do glasgow rangers believe they are exempt from paying income tax?
over the past 8/10 years they have fiddled/evaded/not paid their tax bill amounting to
a staggering sum of around £50 million pounds plus interest, plus another £9million from
march 2011 todays date!!
they are not contesting the miserly sum of £9 million but say HMRC have got their figures wrong,
with their previous tax avoidence sums,
somehow i dont think so,
if it was you & i who refused to pay our taxes, we would soon end up in "chokey"
this is nt about football it is about "sir david douglas bader murray" running up debts,
over the years & leaving the club in a financial meltdown situation,
when he realised the "brown stuff", was about to hit the fan!
make no mistake this could see rangers football club, put out of business, as we know it,
BIT OF GOOD NEWS FOR ALL THOSE RANGERS FANS THOUGH,

"did hear on the grapevine that the administrators, were already in talks with a consortium, ready & willing to take over the club, headed up by a successful businessman/entrepeneur MR.CHRISTOPHER ROBERTS, MBE, OBE, CBE ETC!!!!!!!!!!!
"mr roberts was quoted as saying " we have the finance in place, just waiting for a close associate, to pledge his life savings & pension to the cause,then we are good to go"
first thing we will explore is the possibility of a ground share arrangement with our close neighbours " glasgow celtic"
& whether the local council will put all the money up for demolishing the existing ibrox site, & in its place build a brand new state of the art "THEME PARK & RUGBY GROUND"

Mentioning THAT name is not banter. :red:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

That Name isn't on my Christmas card list either but I would have a chuckle if he did turn up at Rangers. or Plymuff. or as a side kick to Buckle.
Hey. Maybe we could become chairman of Creepy or Norfampton.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

What with this and the Portsmouth debacle, I really hope the current model of football ownership is unwinding.

I am praying that Rangers go out of business as well as Portsmouth, because then maybe the FA will get out of their ivory towers and do something constructive for the benefit of all professional football clubs. Hold unscrupulous owners to account!

I mean, why should Rangers care if all they do is go into adminstration, pay a pittance of their debts and then in a year or two, everything gets back to normal.

Portsmouth going into adminstration twice is outrageous and shouldn't be allowed. Kick them both out of their respective leagues and be done with it. The conference do it, so why not the football league? Grow a pair!

Grrr, rant over........
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

See the Portsmouth adminstrater, said earlier that about 30 % of Championship clubs are paying over 100 % of there turnover on wages, a ticking time bomb if thats is the case.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bruciesbootcleaner

on the subject of portsmouth,
trevor birch the chief administrator, confirmed yesterday that
1player on pompey`s payroll was earning - wait for it £34,000.00 per week!!!!!!!
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

8 Prem clubs aren`t far off hitting the wall, after all the greed that has gone on in football I would quietly be delighted if some of these massive clubs went out of business because we have kept our noses clean and just get punished for it when these greedy gits get away with all sorts because of their stature and in my book that is grossly unfair! It might just help towards players wages being a little less disgustingly out of proportion with the rest of society!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm with you on that one, Aussie.

Portsmouth first though please. What they've done is disgusting and they should be the catalyst for football getting its house in order.

AFC Portsmouth or a merger with Havant & Waterlooville so they can be called AFC Portaloo :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Southampton Gull wrote:I'm with you on that one, Aussie.

Portsmouth first though please. What they've done is disgusting and they should be the catalyst for football getting its house in order.

AFC Portsmouth or a merger with Havant & Waterlooville so they can be called AFC Portaloo :)
AFC Portaloo sounds like a really sh1t idea to me! Why don`t they just get flushed away for good? It`s about time someone told them to bog off!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

A pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox. Police are trying to determine whether it was a missile or a takeover bid...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

I would be chuffed to lile apples to see a few of the so called big boys come a cropper and find themselves down in the league one or two after a coupld of disastrous seasons.
Just watch all those immorally highly paid prima donnas skit off to europe or America when the money dries up here. They are only here for the money after all, no matter what alleigence they say they pledge to the shirt. or in Beckhams case the skirt.
Watch the crowds suddenly desert them when they aint winning. see how they fare when confronted by grown up real men who can take a tackle without rolling on the floor whinging about it's not fair ref and why me ref? etc etc
and it would be interesting to see if the wages which they have filtered down to our level start to level off and become a lot more realistic. And them we can truly say that clubs in the lower leagues pay players a lot closer to what the common man earns. after all who in our level can afford 7 million to waste without going tits up. Oh one of them has haha.

oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

Have you noticed that the top four in the Scottish Premier league reading upwards is:
Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers, and Celtic i.e. HMRC

Spooky!
bruciesbootcleaner

"Have you noticed that the top four in the Scottish Premier league reading upwards is:
Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers, and Celtic i.e. HMRC

Spooky - what about bradford,orient,leeds,liverpool,oxford,carlilse,kiddiminster & stevenage!!!!! - BOLLOCKS
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Cna't believe you missed Crewe, Roverum, Accrington, Plymuff. C.R.A.P.