another 15 point month?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Having looked at the recent form of all our opponents for February, I believe all this month's games are winnable. But, of course, a change in form, an injury or a red card, can affect the result on the day, so nothing is guaranteed. Of all the upcoming games, I have a feeling Shrewsbury will be the hardest nut to crack this time, though they will probably be fearing us even more.

But if we do win the next two or three games, we could be in the top three within a fortnight. And at the same time Argyle could be out of the bottom two.. :-D
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I think that anyone who is expecting us to pick up 15 points with Saah at centre half is a lunatic.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

brucie wrote:I think that anyone who is expecting us to pick up 15 points with Saah at centre half is a lunatic.
Phew at last , thats the Brucie we all know..welcome back :na:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

Alpine Joe wrote:There's more chance of Danny Stevens winning a header than the Gulls picking up 15 points during February.

Of course I'd love to be wrong :rules:
Well, he did "win" a far post header at Maccy for the Morris goal, so stranger things have happened :na:
Arse! Drink!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:I think that anyone who is expecting us to pick up 15 points with Saah at centre half is a lunatic.
I wouldn't worry - we still have your mate Ellis there. :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

We certainly won't gain 15 points this month. ;-)

Rotherham game rescheduled for March 13th, 7.45pm kick-off. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'll be surprised if we stay unbeaten this month, personally. Anything over 6 points is decent, in my mind. Would be excellent if we could take the points against Shrewsbury, Cheltenham and Gills though..
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Maybe 7 Nick, realistically? Beating Bradford (which we all seem to be going for, is that right, have we properly considered them?), beating Shrews on our own patch, and taking a point from the Gills away, with our first defeat since Pontius was a pilot coming to those pesky posh boys in Cheltenham.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I think we will beat Cheltenham. Since their goalless draw at home to Shrewsbury on Boxing Day, all their wins have been against teams who were stuttering at the time. And they were beaten 2-0 at home to Bristol Rovers. In view of all this, if we fail to do what Bristol Rovers did, I shall stamp my feet in a fit of peevishness.. :'(
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

There is no chance of us picking up maximum points this month. We are just not strong enough and have lost two quality players from our thin resources in Robbo and Howe. If we get away with only one defeat we will be doing well.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint