Clubs tracking Robbo-Now Official, signed for Preston

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

60K for Robbo, snap their hand off.

Good servant and all that but not irreplaceable, give LRT a go in there, big, strong and no fear!!!

As for Kee, sincerely hope we have a sell on but whats this about you can't play for 3 clubs in a year, saw someone posted that yesterday.
TUST #324
markygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markygull »

FROM BBC WEBSITE:

1151: THE INSIDER
Preston North End general manager Ben Rhodes: "So far it has been fairly quiet. We are looking to bring a couple in and those players are now undergoing medicals, so that means its just a case of getting paperwork lined up. As we publicised yesterday, we have had a bid accepted for Graham Cummins of Cork City. If this one happens it will mean a lot of work later as its a 'foreign' transfer, so we have to use the Fifa system to transfer him; so at the moment it s a case of getting everything lined up ready to push the 'go' button later!"

Robbo undergoing his medical....?
Champions League Winners 4 years in a row 2033 - 2036 with TUFC on FM2010 :)
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/wes ... _1_4196006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The signings of Torquay centre-half Chris Robertson and striker Graham Cummins from Cork City were due to be completed today.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

markygull wrote:FROM BBC WEBSITE:

1151: THE INSIDER
Preston North End general manager Ben Rhodes: "So far it has been fairly quiet. We are looking to bring a couple in and those players are now undergoing medicals, so that means its just a case of getting paperwork lined up. As we publicised yesterday, we have had a bid accepted for Graham Cummins of Cork City. If this one happens it will mean a lot of work later as its a 'foreign' transfer, so we have to use the Fifa system to transfer him; so at the moment it s a case of getting everything lined up ready to push the 'go' button later!"

Robbo undergoing his medical....?
I was told at 10:30 this morning that he was having his medical. So this would make sence to me.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I would normally prefer to let a player go for nothing in the summer than get peanuts and have a hole in the team for the business end of the season, but 60k seems to me a fair price for the quality of player and length of contract he has left. Gives Saah or LRT a chance to step up and show their worth, or Martin may well have his fingers in a few pies.

As for Kee, the limit of clubs he can play for in a season seems to have been forgotten by all the rumour makers, and the prices they're talking are crazy for a league 2 player who's had a good half season. If true, Crawley do have FAR too much money.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Eunan after all.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

and a sell on clause too I hope, just in case he makes it big
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

and a sell on clause too I hope, just in case he makes it big
still keeping the faith
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Sad to see Robbo leave but then again hopefully he's the only one that goes! just wondering what sort of Team we'll have left at Rotherham .. Ling may of negotiated a possible deal to bring a PNE player here in the loan market seeing as we haven't got a big squad as it is.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote: That's interesting Dave. I am basing my information on 1/ An article in the Herald Express a few weeks back which said 35% and 2/ A conversation with someone close to the club (and well known to you!) after the Plymouth (a) game who confirmed that we did have a 35% sell on. Hope to gawd someone in the office didn't forget to put it in !!! :whip:

As for the fee for Robbo, if confirmed at £60k then I think that would represent an excellent piece of business for someone who we could only have enjoyed the services of for another 18 games and was almost certain not to re-sign in the summer, in my opinion.
Link to article - http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Kee-s ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this is correct but it would not be the first time the Herald was wrong!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
markygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markygull »

been announced he's gone now!
Champions League Winners 4 years in a row 2033 - 2036 with TUFC on FM2010 :)
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

markygull wrote:been announced he's gone now!
Where? and this has just been put on BBC Sport website about Ellis .. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16794955.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
stargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by stargull »

It's now on the BBC :

"I just spoke Preston North End chairman Peter Ridsdale. He said the club are signing Chris Robertson from Torquay and Graham Cummins from Cork City."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9689658.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

tufcbrett wrote:I have been told by someone close to me that Robbo will be off to Preston tomorrow. PM me if intrested on more.
Again i was correct :lol: But i do wish Robbo the best of luck up north. Been a fantastic player for the club, but its football and people move on. Fingers crossed we find a replacement before Saturday.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Any other snippets you can share Brett?
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

bixieupnorth wrote:and a sell on clause too I hope, just in case he makes it big
Everytime that I've seen Billy I thought he was pretty big.....he's a good lad though and hopefully he can make a 'big' move.