Car share from Newport to Port Vale 26th November

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Car share from Newport to Port Vale 26th November

Post by Bigman »

I know I'm a bit early but the Mrs has arranged to be away for the day and I haven't made it to a match yet this season so trying to get organised early.

Train ticket is £50 and a 3 hour trip each way, driving is about 2 and a half and a similar cost so if any of you good good people live near Newport, Cardiff, Chepstow, or the M5 north of Bristol (Gloucester, Cheltenham) and fancy sharing the cost give me a shout.
markygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markygull »

Hi mate,

I live in Bridgend so could get to Newport/Newport Train Station quite easily...

Haven't 100% decided to go yet though...last trip was Shrewsbury which was an utter waste of time/money...although last one before that was Bristol R which was possibly th greatest gulls match i have ever been too....

I'll be back in touch on this thread once ihav decided if thats ok
Champions League Winners 4 years in a row 2033 - 2036 with TUFC on FM2010 :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Theres a possibility this game could be moved to the Friday night, apparently, or the Sunday.

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.p ... quay-fans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nothing official yet, but just thought I'd let you all know.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Hopefully the fact ones an early kick off and that neither us or Blackburn will take that many will mean we stay on a Saturday...At least I hope that happens anyway!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well, the Gloucester boy is GloucesterGull, a thoroughly nice man called Andrew. He is a businessman of many years good standing and drives a wicked Jag. Hit him up on here, he's always keen for a car share.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Bigman »

Cheers for the info guys, I'll bring the topic back to the board's attention nearer the time and interested parties can work something out then.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 91,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Confirmed as Friday 25th November. Not happy.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Unfortunate for those who pinpointed this one as a game to go too. Having gone there last year to find that Burslem is an absolute hole, I won't be returning.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Hi Bigman
Not sure yet if I will be allowed to go but I wll let you know a little later on. As it's My Birfday Guv I would love it if we went there and won. although this season I am trying to concentrate on gorunds I havn't done as of yet.
Gloucestergull
P.S. Jag not wicked. It's a nice Jag. just a bit dearer to run than most. cos it got a supercharger.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

NickGull wrote:Unfortunate for those who pinpointed this one as a game to go too. Having gone there last year to find that Burslem is an absolute hole, I won't be returning.
You didn't really think Stoke on Trent would be nice did you? It is an awful place, you can't make a day of going to see Vale because there is nothing around, at all. Burslem is called "The Mother town of the Potteries". That maybe true but all of the factories are now long gone.

Personally I would avoid most parts of Stoke on Trent after dark, particularly when Vale have just played. The fans don't have a bad reputation for nothing.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

My Merc has a supercharger, although I suspect the one on your Jag might have a slightly greater effect, given that it feeds a V8!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Bigman »

With this being moved to Friday I'm gonna have to pull out. Quite gutted about that, and Vale was one I haven't ticked off my list yet. Maybe I'll hitch a lift in your Jag another time.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Stoke_Gull wrote: You didn't really think Stoke on Trent would be nice did you? It is an awful place, you can't make a day of going to see Vale because there is nothing around, at all. Burslem is called "The Mother town of the Potteries". That maybe true but all of the factories are now long gone.

Personally I would avoid most parts of Stoke on Trent after dark, particularly when Vale have just played. The fans don't have a bad reputation for nothing.
Having never been there, I didn't know what to expect, but as you say, Burslem is awful. I'm glad we parked in the club car park as walking through Burslem afterwards would have been dreadful - it was bad enough walking through all their fans to the carpark! I'm not exactly a small lad but I felt quite intimidated to be honest!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Burslem is that bad I've heard the people of Ethiopia are holding a rock concert fundraiser for them.