Rovers match in doubt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Awayday wrote:Well if it is called off on Saturday anyone fancy coming into Bristol with me to do some shopping instead? I hear there are a few shops holding a "Take What You Want" sale.
The riots in Bristol have not consisted of much looting. Just loads of c*nts wrecking their own neighbourhood.

The only looting I heard about was JD Sports getting trashed, while on the opposite side of the road, Harvey Nicholls and Hugo Boss were left unscathed :) .....Can somebody work that one out?
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Sort of proves it's chavs behind it all...
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I do find it funny how there have been no reports of Waterstones being broken into...

There were 2 girls on the news earlier who were blatantly involved last night in London and said about them attacking shops to get at the "rich people". I think I'd rather they had no reason because if that is their reason, the large companies will just restock and fix the windows and the companies they will actually do genuine damage to financially are small, independent shops like newsagents who won't be making much money anyway.

If this were America they'd have sent in tear gas, tazers and swat teams and the protestors wouldn't even think about doing it the next day!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

BritishGAS wrote:The only looting I heard about was JD Sports getting trashed, while on the opposite side of the road, Harvey Nicholls and Hugo Boss were left unscathed :) .....Can somebody work that one out?
Harvey Nicks and Boss probably dont do shell suits and trainers maybe?
Arse! Drink!
miagsygas
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by miagsygas »

Hi guys.

We also have the Balloon fiesta (unless that gets cancelled too) the day of our game against eachother, which takes obvious policing aswell. If they riots here go on till Friday night, and rumor has they are atleast going on tonight, then I'd predict the game will be off as the police force just wouldn't be able to deal with everything. Last night, Bristol police managed to do better with the trouble than in London, but that doesn't mean there wasn't damage and that it didn't take numbers to stop it. Just hope that this stupidity dies down.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

been to the baloon fiesta for the last 2 years running and have to say it was brilliant....great place to have it and the sheer sight of all the baloons really brilliant...at least if the games called off the baloon fiesta it is then :0
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

blueboy wrote:Tomorrows game may be off just due to timing but doubtful. There wasn't that much trouble in Bristol. Some in Stokes Croft which is at the bottom of Gloucester road.

Saturdays game will be on.
I dont know where you were but it definatly was not confined just to the bottom of Stokes Croft. It continued up Into St Pauls and spiller out to the New shopping center. The new HArvy Nicks had its windows destryed as did several other stores. it pales me to think of how these minds work. I heard on TV tonite people who were in fear of their lives being taunted by the thugs outside. Other who bravely tried to head them off from coming into their estate being told that cos the thugs were poor the people in the estate were rich. Where are they coming from. talk about get a life.i suppose they would like us to be at their level.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

kingsgull wrote:been to the baloon fiesta for the last 2 years running and have to say it was brilliant....great place to have it and the sheer sight of all the baloons really brilliant...at least if the games called off the baloon fiesta it is then :0
Its not just the Balloon fiesta thats brill. the Red Arrows for the last two years put in an appearance and the last dispaly was as always awesome. The best place to see it is around the Ashton Park and ride. they fly right over us.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'm desperately hoping this is on.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

It doesn't matter that the trouble is only of a night - police officers need rest and sleep as well and can only work so many hours per day. I'd imagine that the policing needed for the game would be seen as less essential than bulking up their numbers to deal with the trouble at night by relocating the officers to the night time shift.

If the trouble continues into the weekend - I imagine all events that require policing will be cancelled day or night (maybe even in smaller towns) - they'll all be needed in the main cities at night.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Looking a news reports tonight the problems seem to be mainly in Manchester and Birmingham, with no reports of any problems in Bristol so some hope maybe that this game will be ok.
Formerly known as forevertufc
miagsygas
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by miagsygas »

Yup, so far only one reported sign of trouble which was contained easily and wouldn't effect the football. That being said, most of the stuff that kicked off last night went on till 4am so lots of time. Hoping it's all slowing down now, just seems like up north is where the trouble is now.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

miagsygas wrote:Hi guys.

We also have the Balloon fiesta (unless that gets cancelled too) the day of our game against eachother, which takes obvious policing aswell. If they riots here go on till Friday night, and rumor has they are atleast going on tonight, then I'd predict the game will be off as the police force just wouldn't be able to deal with everything. Last night, Bristol police managed to do better with the trouble than in London, but that doesn't mean there wasn't damage and that it didn't take numbers to stop it. Just hope that this stupidity dies down.
Will there be a balloon in the shape of Paul Buckle's head? :)
miagsygas
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by miagsygas »

Gullscorer wrote: Will there be a balloon in the shape of Paul Buckle's head? :)
Everything seems to come back to Buckle with you guys, doesn't it! :lol:
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

This is what happens when you sign thugs like Chris Zebroski.