Left Winger

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Oh yeah forgot about Halpin.

Big season for him this year.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Wingers are more likely to be played on opposite flanks. If he is in form would rather have him on the right than an out of form Macklin or Stevens.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
shepchenko10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by shepchenko10 »

i would take a gamble on Kieran Djilali who has been released from Crystal Palace he is a pacy left winger who has had two loan spells with Chesterfield and they didnt do to bad last year. He is on trial at Leyton Orient and scored twice in a recent friendly so i wud av a gamble on him
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

We'd have to see how his trial goes with Orient. If they're interested, we wouldn't stand a chance. There would have to be a distinct lack of other clubs interested for us to get him. We can dream though!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

cambgull wrote: I thought Halpin was a left footed, left winger though?
No, right footed.
Arse! Drink!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

cambgull wrote:We'd have to see how his trial goes with Orient. If they're interested, we wouldn't stand a chance. There would have to be a distinct lack of other clubs interested for us to get him. We can dream though!
Well he scored at Braintree on Tuesday (might even have been two), so he's made a good start there. Agree that he would have been a quality signing though - too quality for us
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

Halpin is right footed but has really good left foot.

Stevens and Macklin arent upto it. We need 2 wide players brought in
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Agree 2 wingers are needed. I would give Stevens a go to see how well he does after Ling having a word with him, but if we see the same old Danny we need someone to replace him.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sadly Dan, it was the same old Danny I saw at Tiverton. I know it's not saying much, given the nature of the match, but he had three shots, each of them weaker than nuns piss.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

Is McPhee going to be put in the right wing position perhaps? I believe that's where he played for the Tiverton friendly and I'm struggling to see where he fits into the squad exactly.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Mcphee played on the right side when he was here last, and it didn't really work for him. I think he's been used in an attacking midfield/forward role in the interim, and it's fair to say he's performed better there.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

basil75 wrote:Is McPhee going to be put in the right wing position perhaps? I believe that's where he played for the Tiverton friendly and I'm struggling to see where he fits into the squad exactly.
The front three second half at Tivvy and interchanged. Sometimes he was on the right, where he looked better than Spear, sometimes he was down the middle (where he scored a really nice goal, the sort of thing Benyon would have blasted straight at the keeper). Once again, he looked better than Spear here too.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"