Welcome the new Gaffer

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Welcome the new Gaffer

Post by Regiment »

To all members of the Yellow Army.

Martin Ling is the new Torquay United manager.

whilst this decision has taken many by surprise, and prompted many a negative response, including some ridicule from supporters of other clubs, let's welcome the man to the club, and get behind him.

We've had a tough few weeks, we now have a new man in charge, he's got a big task ahead of him, and he's going to need the support of the fantastic YELLOW ARMY.

Let's get off on the right foot, get some positivity flowing, and look forward to the coming season.

Positive posts only please (even if this decision has lost you a few quid ;-) ) !!

COYY

:scarf:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Good Luck Martin!! :scarf:

you're going to need it
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

It has cost me a few quid regiment but you are right. Lets just all go away and have a few beers and reflect on this in as positive light as we can ( as long as you don't read the post from the cambridge fan earlier! ). I'm sure come the start of the season we will all get behind the lads and the manager and hope for good football, positive football and winning football.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Good luck Martin, I have a feeling he's going to need it this season!
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Welcome Martin indeed.

Unlike some there are people who follow Torquay and don't have a permanent black cloud hanging over them. We are known as the rose tinters and wish you all the best in building a competitive squad.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Cant argue with that. Good luck Martin. Bring it on. :scarf:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Agreed. Although I wasn't the happiest with the appointment when I first heard, we need to give the guy time and support. He's had a bad spell at one club, but so do a lot of managers. He's also had one very good spell at another club, so lets wait and see what he does for us. Good luck Martin!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Totally agree, He is our manager and we need to get behined him.

All i read is bad stuff about the guy from his spell at cambridge. The guys only been then manager a hour and is the most hated person in torquay.
So he can take orient up to league 1 on a small budget like ours. He would loved by everyone if he could do it again.

Welcome to the club Martin. Hope all the fans give him every chance. Come on frsh start for the club and him. Bring some new players in, i got a good feeling about him :keepie:

MARTIN LINGS YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

there seems to be a lot of focus on the fact he "failed" at cambridge/his last job. well, let's face it, not many managers are out of work because their last effort was a roaring success. he'll be determined to do well, and prove the doubters wrong.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

I wish Ling the best of luck.

My grievances that I express about the appointment are against the board, not against our new manager.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Well, he's lasted longer than Leroy's second spell! He must be relieved about that.
First hurdle over, next is to get some sort of decent team together for August.
Good Luck!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I am pleased with the appointment. He is inheriting a reasonable squad and certainly better than when PB took over 4 years ago, he will have built up a load of contacts during his playing / coaching / managing career so necessary to operate on our level of budget, and he has a proven record of success at League 2 level.

Get behind him, his signings, and the team and there is no reason at all why we should not be at the top half of the table next season rather than struggling as so many seem to think will be the case.

Fixtures out on Friday. Bring it on .... ! :scarf:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Not too disappointed with this choice. Yeah, he didn't do great with Cambridge but that was a club in trouble before he came aboard really. He did a very good job with Orient who, lets face it, are always going to be a rubbish team with half of the Prem teams being from London.

Every manager has a bad spell in a team and hopefully, his was with Cambridge. He'll definitely have my support in August and I think he'll be decent at building a team.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Even though it is a shock to me that he is the man the board have gone for, all in all it's not a bad appointment. If he brings in a few players I think he'll do well. Welcome Martin and Good Luck! :scarf:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

To be fair, not many football fans are going to say anything positive about a previous manager who is still battling their club for severence pay!

Best of luck Martin, will be very interested to see who is assistant. :scarf: :scarf:
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.