According to one of the board...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote:If you get Zebs for £50k, we've been robbed again. He's worth closer to the £150k quoted. But with him having only a year on his contract, and potentially having his head turned by the prospect of a move, we should realistically be looking for £100k.

On the money for me ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I can imagine the board would accept £50,000 or less for Zebroski, although you suspect that if it was someone like Barry Fry selling Zebroski Bristol would have to pay £250,000. You just do not get the feeling that our board are good negotiators or know the value of a player.

With regard to Eunan O'Kane...he is the future of our club and I would be fuming if the board sold him cheaply. He is the future for two reasons:
1) On the field...the team should be built around him
2) His value - if the board do not fold and he continues to develop then the sort of fee that maybe he could go for could wipe out a big chunk of the debt and safeguard our future. O'Kane must not be sold cheaply.
rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

We should hold out....if Buckle likes him that much he will pay the money for him. Hes already got Stanley and Bevan on a free!
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

hector wrote:I can imagine the board would accept £50,000 or less for Zebroski, although you suspect that if it was someone like Barry Fry selling Zebroski Bristol would have to pay £250,000. You just do not get the feeling that our board are good negotiators or know the value of a player.

With regard to Eunan O'Kane...he is the future of our club and I would be fuming if the board sold him cheaply. He is the future for two reasons:
1) On the field...the team should be built around him
2) His value - if the board do not fold and he continues to develop then the sort of fee that maybe he could go for could wipe out a big chunk of the debt and safeguard our future. O'Kane must not be sold cheaply.
I agree. O'Kane is he kind of player that you could build a team around. His performance at OT was the one bright point of a crap day. He will be the reason that people pay to watch us play

To suggest that selling Billy, O'Kane and Zebs will see us go down is wrong in my opinion. It is what how we replace them that matters. Zebs is a decent League Two player, but at the moment Billy is conference standard with Sunday morning fitness levels. They are replaceable if the correct man and a workable budget is provided.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Enzo wrote: I agree. O'Kane is he kind of player that you could build a team around. His performance at OT was the one bright point of a crap day. He will be the reason that people pay to watch us play

To suggest that selling Billy, O'Kane and Zebs will see us go down is wrong in my opinion. It is what how we replace them that matters. Zebs is a decent League Two player, but at the moment Billy is conference standard with Sunday morning fitness levels. They are replaceable if the correct man and a workable budget is provided.
Agree to an extent but O'Kane is something special for this level.