Torquay Summer Transfers Thread INs and OUTs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Stewart Yetton supposedly talking to a number of clubs including ours. Has anybody seen him play/know much about him?
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

monkeyboy wrote:Stewart Yetton supposedly talking to a number of clubs including ours. Has anybody seen him play/know much about him?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Yetton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's scored a few!
The gulls are going up
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

gullno4 wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Yetton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's scored a few!
My friend mentioned this last night, he follows truro home and away every game for the last 5 seasons. Thats comitment for you.
Right he was saying to me that his recored was like 1 a game. He certainly knows when the goal is anyway.
If he was to do that 1 out of 2 or 3 games that would be good.
Would be a gamble like ross hannah but worth a look.

If i remember rightly didnt Yetton, Jake Ash and Joe Broad have a trail with us a few seasons ago?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

205 goals in 198 games is an incredible record in any league! Must be worth a look, 20 goals a season will do just nicely!

EDIT: just noticed a bit at the bottom of the wiki page... "name of Daughter:Shannon Louise Clay (age 11) name of son:Corradi Crossfield"

He's only 25 so he must've been 14 when he had her!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

could we compete in the wages stakes for yetton I think not, he will be on a very good wage down there in cornwall + his job cash so will have to be a decent offer if we did go for him and at 25 I do reckon he is 2yrs too old to take that chance, he is probaly very happy with his football life being the top non-leage striker.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Confirmed OUT Guy Branston to Bradford City :(

1st Confirmed IN - new manager Martin Ling
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Brian Saah? Jai Reason?

The latter whom the wheels seem to have come off a bit after early promise.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Rjc70 wrote:Brian Saah? Jai Reason?

Those would be the only two I would take from there. Jai Reason may have suffered a blip but he'd be a risk I'd be willing to take.

Where's Chris Holroyd these days? Did he manage him while there?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Rjc70 wrote:Brian Saah? Jai Reason?

Not Reason! lumbering around at Braintree last I heard
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Ling signed Daryl Clare for £10,000 at Cambridge and he's out of favour. I do hope that doesn't mean we're interested. Shudder.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Adam Miller is another of Ling's signings who is on the list at Cambridge, who might interest him. I liked the look of Miller in our 1st season in the BSP when he was playing under Mark Stimson at Stevenage - he eventually followed Stimson to Gillingham and it didn't work out, for either of them as it turned out! Not sure whether he would consider a move all the way down here but he may be a possibility.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Billy Bodin will feature on our left wing at some point next season.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Scott McGleish, Harry Beautyman, Ryan Jarvis & Harry Brown all released by Leyton Orient recently. McGleish hit 17 goals last season. Will Ling know these players & possibly be in contact?
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Boom Boom wrote:Scott McGleish, Harry Beautyman, Ryan Jarvis & Harry Brown all released by Leyton Orient recently. McGleish hit 17 goals last season. Will Ling know these players & possibly be in contact?
As long as he is better than his brother :lol:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

TUFC92 wrote: As long as he is better than his brother :lol:
Didn't the story go that we contacted Norwich to try and sign Ryan Jarvis, but were told he was off somewhere else and would we like his brother instead? To which we agreed, and then they said would we like Halliday as well and we signed him too - even though our "staff" had no idea who he was, where he played or anything. Summed up the Lubos/Roberts season really.

In response to the post about Orient players, as far as I'm aware McGleish and Jarvis were signed post-Ling. Brown and Beautyman are young players with minimal experience, whether they were on the books under Ling I'm not so sure.

I think the thing with Ling is that he has a variety of contacts and developed some kind of scouting network. I guess he'll know who he wants to bring in, and it'll be hard to second guess.

In response to rjc70, be interested to see whether the predicition of Billy Bodin coming in comes true. I only say this as I signed him on Football Manager and he did a job!