Buckle interview

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

Mr Gashead1979 (in your 30's? - i would have said 16 tops)

Run along and buy a penis enhancer....

:slap:
....aka jmgull.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

tommyg wrote:"I don't care where they are. If they're right for Rovers I'll go all out to get them."

There's the stubborn side of me that hopes we turn down whatever price he offers for any of our contracted players. That's my heart ruling my head, but Buckle thinks he can pick our players like he's in a supermarket, load up the trolley and waltz out, leaving our shelves completely bare.

The worrying thing is that when Buckle gets to the checkout, we have Simon Baker working on the till asking our former manager if he's having a nice day before offering to pack Zebs and O'Kane into his bags.
A perfect analogy of how Simon Baker is coming across. You can just imagine the cartoonist in the Observer having a field day with this image.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

jocktheknife wrote:Mr Gashead1979 (in your 30's? - i would have said 16 tops)

Run along and buy a penis enhancer....

:slap:

Plus some tweezers to wave it, shirley?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

If Matt Harold is worth 6figures so are zebs and okane

For me Zebs dont accept anything below the 200K mark, 500K for Okane
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Plus some tweezers to wave it, shirley?
and a Habanero to stick up his arse
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

gullno4 wrote:Who knows what offers the board are going to accept :@ I think he'll be back for zebs, obviously branston, and probably okane who they won't be able to afford
What makes you think we wont be able to afford O' Kane?

A big announcement is to be made on Thursday, apparently an unnamed wealthy benefactor is going to be pumping some £s into the coffers, add to the £500K we recieved for Hoskins and the £250K clause we got from Saints for the Rickie Lambert deal, we have got cash to throw around.

I dont honestly think we need O,Kane anyway, as we have already signed Gill and Stanley and already have Wayne Brown who techically must be the best midfielder in League 2.

I doubt if Zebs will be needed either as Jamie Cureton should be coming back in the next few days and Clayton Donaldson, Ashley Grimes and Matt Harold from The Shrews have all been heavily linked, And we still have Jo Kuffour who is arguably just as good as Zebs anyway

I dont want Paul Buckle to sign anybody else from Torquay as it is making us look bad, and if this was to happen to Rover's then we wouldn't like it.

So I think Zebs, Branston and O,Kane will be safe. Unless anybody else wants them.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The way Buckle sets his side out you can almost guarantee that Zebs will be a target. I heard his first tentative enquiries were dismissed due to the offer being considered derisory.

Did anyone else pick up on his comments about Campbell? I'd say he'll be out the door asap, Buckle won't like having a respected senior player from a previous regime among his disciples.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

bucks even mentioned in that interview that the deal to take him to bristol was made around a month ago taking it back to before the playoffs so proving our theories correct. Good riddance bucks, the only important people at torquay united are the ones who want to be here!
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

clemy1989 wrote:bucks even mentioned in that interview that the deal to take him to bristol was made around a month ago taking it back to before the playoffs so proving our theories correct. Good riddance bucks, the only important people at torquay united are the ones who want to be here!
Buckle's comment is the clearest admission yet that he put his own interests above those of the players and the club. No surprises there, and it seems there is not much honour left in football anywhere. Casting around for role models in the big clubs (slightly off-topic, sorry), I couldn't think of any players, and only a few managers - for instance Moyes, Wenge, Bruce, Martinez. And how depressing that the best player in the England side is a thug.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

ha ha. quality bucks. first question, about 30 seconds in, and we hear the words ".........the ambitions i've got...........". change the f**kin' record, PLEASE !!!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

I agree that Buckle's conduct has screwed us over, and he's treading all over the people who helped him get to where he is.

I hope Karma bites him, and really f**king hard too. He deserves no success for the way he has behaved. He should win the league with the budget he's been given, and I wonder what he will fill his interviews with now he can't talk about how small the club is, and how tiny his budget is.

Rovers had better get ready for the same press conferences EVERY WEEK.

"There is great expectancy at this club. It is a massive club. I am trying to put this club back where it belongs" blah blah blah

GOOD RIDDANCE. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Southampton Gull wrote:The way Buckle sets his side out you can almost guarantee that Zebs will be a target. I heard his first tentative enquiries were dismissed due to the offer being considered derisory.

Did anyone else pick up on his comments about Campbell? I'd say he'll be out the door asap, Buckle won't like having a respected senior player from a previous regime among his disciples.
Yes, I read that about Campbell. A well liked and respected player who has also been assistant manager? Perhaps he sees him as a threat? If Buckle messes up there would be a potential successor sitting in the dressing room for the fans to call upon and players to turn to.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

HRG wrote: Yes, I read that about Campbell. A well liked and respected player who has also been assistant manager? Perhaps he sees him as a threat? If Buckle messes up there would be a potential successor sitting in the dressing room for the fans to call upon and players to turn to.

Exactly right, there was a cliche at the club which Buckle is quickly dismantling, and quite rightly too.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

If Campbell does get the heave ho. It won't be because he is no good. I for one would love it to bits if he came here. He would be the fire in our belly and a great leader.
his awareness is brilliant. A player closer to the mould of Alex Russel.
He lamented the appointment of of Penny as a guy with the glass half empty. he is a born winner and led by example and tried soo hard to get em out of the fix they were in. he only failed due to the number of teams in the top 6 who were battling for promotion. he had 5 of them in the last 6 games. .
If buckle dropped him I bet he would love to stick one down his throat. Oh to think of Cammers leading us to slamm the rovers into the ground haha. I can only dream.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Glostergull wrote:If Campbell does get the heave ho. It won't be because he is no good. I for one would love it to bits if he came here. He would be the fire in our belly and a great leader.
his awareness is brilliant. A player closer to the mould of Alex Russel.
He lamented the appointment of of Penny as a guy with the glass half empty. he is a born winner and led by example and tried soo hard to get em out of the fix they were in. he only failed due to the number of teams in the top 6 who were battling for promotion. he had 5 of them in the last 6 games. .
If buckle dropped him I bet he would love to stick one down his throat. Oh to think of Cammers leading us to slamm the rovers into the ground haha. I can only dream.

Campbell gives 100% every game and is a legend at Rovers, but his legs have gone a bit of late so you'd be lucky to get a full season out of him