guy branston latest

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

hector wrote: Is Bevan out of contract as well?

The directors surely can see that those 11 players would not be competitive in this division. Branston and Stanley have both expressed an inclination towards us and it is folly to let that opportunity go, regardless of who a new manager is.

By the time a new manager is in, 5 weeks will have passed that our rivals are building their squads...even if that is our rivals in a potential relegation battle. Branston and Stanley are both key players who would make relegation a less likely scenario. It is almost neglectful to let that fester on. Get them bloody signed!
Is it reasonable to think that different managers will have different ideas about how they want their teams to play? And that one manager might rate a particular player differently to how another manager rates him? We disagree on here about the merits of certain players, so what makes you think every manager in the League would want Branno in their side? I don't rate him as highly as some here. If i was going to be the new manager of TUFC, i'd like to make my own decision about who was playing centre-half next season. Part of the reason he's done so well for us, is the leadership and organisation he's brought. Perhaps our new manager will have another 'leader' in mind, which would reduce the necessity of signing Branno?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I fully understand where every Torquay fan is coming from right now,whehter there opinion is positive or negative,right now we are all on edge me included about which direction our club is going in.

My message continue's to be patience,the overiding worst thing anyone at our club can do right now is panick,panick with the manager apointment could equal disaster,panick and tie players up to contracts that a new manager does not want will not help either.

Just because we the fans see certian players as the be all and end all,does not mean to say the new manager will, Fonda is right whoever gets the job will have his ideas,and i am going to suggest that a couple of candidates will know they are amongst the front runners and may have already contacting players who they want to bring in,and given them the old hang fire i might be in at Torquay with in a few days wink,wink.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

Panic about your spelling of panic!
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Zebroski, no w.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

The Branston situation is one that I find particularly intriguing. Clearly the fans have shown just how highly they rate him by voting him their player of the season. The players in League 2 have shown that they rate him as one of the very best defenders in the League by including him in their Team of the Season.

Of course, that's not to say there isn't some maverick League Two manager out there somewhere who would prefer not to have Branston in his defence.

The interviews/selection process to appoint a new Manager must be well underway, hopefully not far off being completed. No doubt they have been lengthy, thorough & as few stones as possible left untouched. Branston has been in the game long enough & has clearly made a big impression within League 2 circles this Season for everyone to have an opinion on him. I'm sure within the interviews a comment from a Director such as: 'I'm sure you know we have players such as Guy Branston who will be out of contract shortly ?' would provide an illuminating response from any of the 'would be' Managers being interviewed at the time.

If a reply such as 'Branston will be the first one out the door if I'm appointed' should greet the Directors ears, then they may well (between themselves) question whether candidate X is suitable after all. "Jesus... we might just as well appoint Fonda as him & he'd be a darned sight cheaper' would probably be the general consensus.

However there seems to be a growing band of conspiracy theorists who believe that such words would actually be music to the Directors ears (no!..not that Fonda should be the next Manager...but that Branston should be as quietly as possible eased out of the door at Plainmoor, well ahead of next Season) and that any prospective Manager who showed a ready agreement to conspire in Guy's removal would be doing his chances no harm at all regarding securing the Managers job for himself.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I'd be very surprised if our directors decide on the new manager on the basis of whether said manager will keep or discard Guy Branston. In fact, i'd find it very surprising if any consideration was given to that issue at Interview at all. When they've made their choice, and put their faith in someone, they'll let him decide what to do in terms of contract offers.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

DavetheRave wrote:Panic about your spelling of panic!
!!! ALERT,ALERT,ALERT !!! garmmar and spellimg police at work on Sunday in an area near you !!!

Not to sure why i used a "k" in there,but hey i knew what i meant so did everyone else,so no need to panic :lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote:I'd be very surprised if our directors decide on the new manager on the basis of whether said manager will keep or discard Guy Branston. In fact, i'd find it very surprising if any consideration was given to that issue at Interview at all. When they've made their choice, and put their faith in someone, they'll let him decide what to do in terms of contract offers.
Totaly agree again,the board would offer a contract to branston and would tell the new manager he was part of the package if this was the case,which it clearly is not.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

just throwing out an idea here :-

it's reported on "twitter" that players haven't been offered contracts/not been contacted by club etc etc.

has anyone considered this might not be true ?!?!?? much easier for players on their way out to let the fans believe it's the club's fault, and nothing to do with the players themselves asking for too much ??

not saying that's whats happening, but who knows ??

i am optimistic it's going to be a busy week in TQ1 this week, so we're gonna have plenty to discuss in the coming days.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

regiment wrote:just throwing out an idea here :-

it's reported on "twitter" that players haven't been offered contracts/not been contacted by club etc etc.

has anyone considered this might not be true ?!?!?? much easier for players on their way out to let the fans believe it's the club's fault, and nothing to do with the players themselves asking for too much ??

not saying that's whats happening, but who knows ??

i am optimistic it's going to be a busy week in TQ1 this week, so we're gonna have plenty to discuss in the coming days.
Branston is quite a genuine bloke, as Jake Robinson. I doubt either of them are going to lie on such a public forum as Twitter.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Cross Bevan off the list......
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

hector wrote: Branston is quite a genuine bloke, as Jake Robinson. I doubt either of them are going to lie on such a public forum as Twitter.
to be honest hector, i don't doubt it. i've met and chatted with Branno, albeit briefly, and he definitely comes across as a decent bloke. as i said, it's just a thought, but he's so highly thought of by the fans, had a great season, no one wants to see him go, but he's out of contract, possibly had better offers, so would he really say "thanks for everything, i'm off", or is it easier to blame the club, "they forced me out" type thing ?? I'm with you, i like to think he's honest, and up front, but on the same score, i'd like to think our club would've at least contacted the fella.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Alpine Joe wrote:The Branston situation is one that I find particularly intriguing. Clearly the fans have shown just how highly they rate him by voting him their player of the season. The players in League 2 have shown that they rate him as one of the very best defenders in the League by including him in their Team of the Season.

Of course, that's not to say there isn't some maverick League Two manager out there somewhere who would prefer not to have Branston in his defence.

The interviews/selection process to appoint a new Manager must be well underway, hopefully not far off being completed. No doubt they have been lengthy, thorough & as few stones as possible left untouched. Branston has been in the game long enough & has clearly made a big impression within League 2 circles this Season for everyone to have an opinion on him. I'm sure within the interviews a comment from a Director such as: 'I'm sure you know we have players such as Guy Branston who will be out of contract shortly ?' would provide an illuminating response from any of the 'would be' Managers being interviewed at the time.

If a reply such as 'Branston will be the first one out the door if I'm appointed' should greet the Directors ears, then they may well (between themselves) question whether candidate X is suitable after all. "Jesus... we might just as well appoint Fonda as him & he'd be a darned sight cheaper' would probably be the general consensus.

However there seems to be a growing band of conspiracy theorists who believe that such words would actually be music to the Directors ears (no!..not that Fonda should be the next Manager...but that Branston should be as quietly as possible eased out of the door at Plainmoor, well ahead of next Season) and that any prospective Manager who showed a ready agreement to conspire in Guy's removal would be doing his chances no harm at all regarding securing the Managers job for himself.

we cant.

he hasnt got the necessary coaching badges! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Popside_Josh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Popside_Josh »

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-trans ... ame&page=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8th one down :/

if bevan leaves aswell there is a decnt keeper on their in jonny brain

http://www.givemefootball.com/league-tw ... e-branston" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Branston admits his first choice would be to stay with the Gulls, but with his contract expiring next week

this was psoted on the 25th so his contract must have expired by now :/ but his first choice is with us :)