Will Crawley be the most hated team?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

friendlygas wrote:Im not sure they will walk this league.Their problem I think will be that they wilkl upset the team spirit by bringing in so many players.Remember that obviously the players they had did very well last season but how many of those players will actually get the chance to show what they can do in a higher standard? Very few I would think.

unlikely in my opinion. when you get an insight into the mentality of the manager and his sh*thouse assistant, you'll see its been instilled in the players and the fans. they've created this whole "everybody hates us", "everyone is jealous" mentality, which everyone at the club has signed up to. as BoomBoom said, the more they p*ss people off, the more they seem to thrive in it. and they use it to their advantage to maintain togetherness. if any of the players don't like, they'll soon be on their way, i'm sure. it's not as if anyone doesn't know what they're like.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

Fans of lower league teams like to think we have escaped some of the less attractive elements at the top level. Gamesmanship, diving, buying success, aggressive managers trying to influence the ref etc. Crawely Town do all this and more and it's ugly.
I'm not saying all teams in and around league 2 are saints, far from it, but Crawley are a joke. Too all other league 2 fans, get ready for a very sour match at your place.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Can anyone think of a more depressint thought than being hammered by Crawley at Plainmoor next season. Oh dear.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Can anyone think of a more depressint thought than being hammered by Crawley at Plainmoor next season. Oh dear.
Karma will out in the end brucie!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

brucie wrote:Can anyone think of a more depressint thought than being hammered by Crawley at Plainmoor next season. Oh dear.
Agreed.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DavetheRave wrote:you haven't even mentioned fat boy fats dodgy barnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the blonde highlights!! whats going off there?!"!!?!?!?

you forgot to mention that he wears eyeliner! =D

oh and hes a rounded door handle!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

yeah why does the drag queen wear eye liner???
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I certainly won't be anywhere near Plainmoor when Crawley roll into town. Never again......
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

We need more support when Crawley are in town.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Will Crawley be te most hated team? Yes, they have the two biggest knobheads in football in charge.
The gulls are going up
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I thought there was a wage cap coming in this season preventing clubs from spending above their budgets. Surely Crawley will be in breach of this with some of their signings.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

yellowmonkey wrote:I thought there was a wage cap coming in this season preventing clubs from spending above their budgets. Surely Crawley will be in breach of this with some of their signings.
The wage cap is a percentage of turnover and there are ways of artificially enhancing your turnover to get around it.

For instance Peterborough's owner sponsored there shirts for the sum of £3,000,000 (as a comparison, Sparkworld pay about £30,000 to sponsor our shirts!) so it appeared as turnover rather than a "gift" from a wealthy benefactor.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

yellowmonkey wrote:I thought there was a wage cap coming in this season preventing clubs from spending above their budgets. Surely Crawley will be in breach of this with some of their signings.
I think there may be a few brown envelopes involved, the same as last season
The gulls are going up
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Jerry, do you mind me asking if you are on our board of directors?
tufcfans
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan!

Post by tufcfans »

didn't like their attitude at all when they came to Plainmoor, wasn't very impressive at all, if they had won fair and square I would have probably been happy for them, but they weren't!
Torquay United Online Newspaper (Torquay United Fans Daily) http://www.paper.li/TUFCFANS/1309719474 and other online newspapers here: http://paper.li/~/publisher/674697#