Buckle is not the Messiah - He's a Very Naughty Boy!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

NickGull wrote:Agree with Phil and Boom Boom.

I expect O'Kane to go to a Championship side, I've seen Peterborough, Derby and Doncaster all interested. Said it previously but anything under £350,000 is a disgrace.
There's absolutely no way any club will pay that much for him. Anything remotely approaching £150k will be enough. That's not to say he's not worth more, but I think he only has a year left on his contract and it seems to be fairly well known (thanks Buckle!) that our budget is not very large - that'll mean any club who fancies him will come in a lowball offer in the chance that our board blinks first.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

hector wrote: What is funnier than any of the python stuff is that Richinns thought this was a serious question or some sort of abuse. He must have really been puzzled at the (to his perception) utter randnomness of Dave's question and his rather sharp response confirms the outrage. Really funny. Has had me crying with tears of laughter that he may well have thought that Dave pougher, out of nowhere and with no prompting at all, will openly ask people about their sexual status.

You are not wrong Hector! Glad this has entertained rather than offended!!!.

I was 'perplexed' by his response somewhat. I thought my thread title was quite clever and in the face of all the Buckle is a god nonsense the Gas fans are bringing onto here. I was not expecting it - especially from Dave who always comes across as a decent fella on here. Should have done my research before replying to his quote!!!!. He has accepted my apology which I am glad about and we move on!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I for one was hugely entertained even if I had to do a double take at the question myself for a minute.
By the way Richins. I hope you know what you have done now. I can't go for more than a few minutes each day without thinking of PB in the Role of Brian and laughing at it, to the amusment of customers. who by now think I have taken leave of my senses. Maybe I have. After all I have followed the gulls since 1963 or 4
I would love to see 10 or 12k waiting at the mem and then Nock day suddenly announce. "He Can't come out. He's beena very naughty boy" oh I would wet myself if it happened
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Richinns wrote:
Glad you see the funny side. The ironic things is that the first words of your reply when you repeated 'if it's not a personal question...' is exactly what is said in the film when the person asked the question (Brian's mum) says 'If it's not a personal question!????....How much more personal can you get???'
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Are you the Plainmore Peoples Popular Front?

No we're F##king not! they're a bunch of w##kers! We are the Peoples Popular front of Plainmore.

Where are the Plainmore Peoples Popular Front then?

He's over there......pass the larks tongues. :-D :clap: :) :)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

wodger of awabia wrote:Are you the Plainmore Peoples Popular Front?

No we're F##king not! they're a bunch of w##kers! We are the Peoples Popular front of Plainmore.

Where are the Plainmore Peoples Popular Front then?

He's over there......pass the larks tongues. :-D :clap: :) :)
SPLITTER!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Reproahcable Buckle must have been working for Bristol Rovers for longer than we even reckoned. In this article it states he has watched them a few times. Why? Gives some credence to the conspiracy theory that he was always going there and it was all arranged in January.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Nick-Hig ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

This would have been easier to swallow if Buckle had made an upwards move...I would have thought Brentford would have been a good call for PB rather than non-mighty Bristol Rovers....
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I just hope PB has the good grace to look on the bright side of life when he's crucified at Rovers. Can't help but feel the rescue commitee, as he sees it (TQY board begging him to please take his old job back) may not quite be as he imagined.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I just hope PB has the good grace to look on the bright side of life when he's crucified at Rovers. Can't help but feel the rescue commitee, as he sees it (TQY board begging him to please take his old job back) may not quite be as he imagined.
You obviously haven't heard, theres a deal been signed. He's spending a few years at BR then he's being offered the Man Utd job when Fergie retires. He told the Glaziers that he's the best manager ever and because they're American and have no idea about football, they believed him.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"