New manager announced - Paul Wotton

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Yes we do know this and that no signings will take place for 2 or 3 weeks, doesn't stop us talking to and lining up players though.
Jamie Ndah Is God
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jamie Ndah

Post by Jamie Ndah Is God »

I'm still absolutely buzzing. We have our club back. Hopefully great times ahead.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Obviously we know that because the sale is subject to creditors agreement. Its going to make absolutely no difference though because it isnt going to stop any negotiations with potential contacts because they will be signed once the club is sold.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

The Great Muta! wrote: 18 May 2024, 15:09 Negativity??, you being serious??, you think we'll sign Luke Young and Hoilett?, is that me being negative if I think that won't happen, or is it me being negative for wanting Paul Wotton to run the show and for him and him only to be doing things his way?....like I say and I'll repeat Incase you didn't take it onboard, you need to call somebody...
I never suggested either of those players, give your head a wobble
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I never said you did, I'm trying to understand why you said something about negativity?, I saw the posts about Hoilett and Young, and i mentioned it wouldn't happen along with league 1 players dropping down to regional football, Ive said on this platform that Paul Wotton is a fantastic manager and it's great he's joined us, I just don't want to much over involvement from Neil, on the training pitch,in the dug out,tactics and formation etc all need to kept to Paul and he needs the breathing space to do his job, his way ...and for whatever reason that's deemed as negative?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Maybe because you're inventing problems that clearly aren't evident in their relationship which is a negative viewpoint. Everything I've heard from Neil Warnock has been positive. He's not stupid.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Excatly. Neil Warnock has gone out of his way, and made it very clear he's does not want to be in the dressing room, on the training ground, he's here to help only, not sure what else can be done or said.
Formerly known as forevertufc
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

The previous owner/directors had no intention of helping the club in any way only to see it's demise.We now have genuine supporters trying their best to run the club with their own finances and no alterior motives.Neil Warnock with his vast experience of all divisions has advised that Paul Wotton would be a good manager at our current level.Every other club has had to pay Warnock to dig them out of a hole which he's succeeded at many times.Now he's giving his experience for free and has said he has no intention of managing the club.How any of this can be negative bemuses me ,if he decides to leave in a few months so be it ,there would still be a manager but his knowledge may have gained the club advantage against others .Can't see the problem.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I think we can understand your reservations, however the two have worked together before and Wotton seems a strong enough personality to know his own mind. He must have asked the same questions you did and agreed/talked through all what Warnock being around would entail.

Warnock isn’t being paid, it’s obviously a part time thing where he has control on his time given. He has stated his intention to not manage, or even visit the training ground, might this change if we go through a bad patch, who knows?

It does feel though that he wants to enjoy the nice parts of football now, not the stressful/time and energy consuming side, using his expertise to help with the behind the scenes stuff and hopefully enjoying just watching it all develop. It’s got to be a win win for us.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Taelee73 wrote: 19 May 2024, 10:14 I think we can understand your reservations, however the two have worked together before and Wotton seems a strong enough personality to know his own mind. He must have asked the same questions you did and agreed/talked through all what Warnock being around would entail.

Warnock isn’t being paid, it’s obviously a part time thing where he has control on his time given. He has stated his intention to not manage, or even visit the training ground, might this change if we go through a bad patch, who knows?

It does feel though that he wants to enjoy the nice parts of football now, not the stressful/time and energy consuming side, using his expertise to help with the behind the scenes stuff and hopefully enjoying just watching it all develop. It’s got to be a win win for us.
Fair play, and point taken 👍.
xeon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by xeon »

Who better for the manager to bounce ideas off than NW? I can't think of any.

His contacts within the game will be invaluable for recruitment, I'm sure.

But, not just that, when the bad spell comes, PW will have an incredible pair of ears and decades of knowledge to tap into.

I don't see a downside to be fair. Top work getting him on board.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Warnock is not even getting paid for his role at the club, so I think we can trust that he is only in it for the benefit of TUFC.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

But if you believe what you were told, neither was Mel Hayman or that idiot Edwards.

Neil Warnock IMHO is an excellent addition, I would pay his bus fare from Cornwall - lovely genuine guy.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

North Curry House wrote: 20 May 2024, 10:31 But if you believe what you were told, neither was Mel Hayman or that idiot Edwards.
But Hayman and Edwards were being paid before administration. Warnock and the consortium are a breath of fresh air, people involved in the club with no ulterior motive except to see this club prosper.
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

The Great Muta! wrote: 19 May 2024, 08:12 I never said you did, I'm trying to understand why you said something about negativity?, I saw the posts about Hoilett and Young, and i mentioned it wouldn't happen along with league 1 players dropping down to regional football, Ive said on this platform that Paul Wotton is a fantastic manager and it's great he's joined us, I just don't want to much over involvement from Neil, on the training pitch,in the dug out,tactics and formation etc all need to kept to Paul and he needs the breathing space to do his job, his way ...and for whatever reason that's deemed as negative?
Well, Luke Young didn’t quite make it to league 1. He is 31 and maybe if we can make him the dreaded “marquee” signing, why not? Apparently on 1k per week at Wrexham. Maybe some wriggle room offloading a bit of dead wood. Wotton surely would be wishing, and hopefully digging.