New Signings for the 2023-2024 Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Proven goal scorer at the level we find ourselves.
Fits in with our budget and our expectations.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Wolborough, if Ash is an underwhelming acquisition considering how many goals he scored last season I will take him, as regards a centre haf I see ellis has been released by Barrow, if he wants to come home to the south west in the twilight of his career he could do a job for us, unless of course there is another nico lawrence waiting in the wings.
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

If this is an acquisition to having at least THREE strikers to start off with then it is a step in the right direction. Last season we had one to start with!!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Stickingitin wrote: 17 May 2023, 18:55 If this is an acquisition to having at least THREE strikers to start off with then it is a step in the right direction. Last season we had one to start with!!!
and he got injured 20 minutes into the first game!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Ash is a great signing for this level, how can you think not? Scored plenty in a struggling side
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Good post, happy.

Spot on.
Spooky
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Spooky »

Greetings from Weymouth

Would say 'welcome to NLS' but I'm guessing you all aren't that excited to be here. We, on the other hand, after the last few months of the season...

Anyway, Brad Ash. I think most Weymouth fans would have liked to have kept him. He has, after all, scored a fair few in a side that was struggling, as some have pointed out.
He is nippy and covers a lot of ground in a game. He will chase what appear to be lost causes and has probably picked up 3 or 4 goals this season just from scaring keepers in to errors. He's not a big target man, but will run on to balls over the top or sent through. Was our penalty taker but then missed a couple and someone else took over.
I think he's improved a fair bit as the season went on. He seemed a bit toothless last season and earlier on this season, but he's now regularly scoring. I'm guessing NLS is probably his natural level.

Anyway, good luck for the forthcoming season (obviously except when you play us). Seem to recall you bringing decent crowds up the coast a couple of seasons ago. Oh...and beat Yeovil please.. ;-)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Spooky wrote: 18 May 2023, 14:03 Greetings from Weymouth

Would say 'welcome to NLS' but I'm guessing you all aren't that excited to be here. We, on the other hand, after the last few months of the season...
Hello - well, of course, getting relegated is always a kick in the balls but given how our season ended (a great run towards the end, albeit way too late) most of us are pretty optimistic about the new season. "Excited" could be overegging the pudding a bit, but if we start well it could be (dare I say it?) a rather fun season. We 100% have to get promoted though - none of us really trust the ownership so being in NL is important.
Spooky wrote: 18 May 2023, 14:03 Anyway, Brad Ash. I think most Weymouth fans would have liked to have kept him. He has, after all, scored a fair few in a side that was struggling, as some have pointed out.
He is nippy and covers a lot of ground in a game. He will chase what appear to be lost causes and has probably picked up 3 or 4 goals this season just from scaring keepers in to errors. He's not a big target man, but will run on to balls over the top or sent through. Was our penalty taker but then missed a couple and someone else took over.
I think he's improved a fair bit as the season went on. He seemed a bit toothless last season and earlier on this season, but he's now regularly scoring. I'm guessing NLS is probably his natural level.

Anyway, good luck for the forthcoming season (obviously except when you play us). Seem to recall you bringing decent crowds up the coast a couple of seasons ago. Oh...and beat Yeovil please.. ;-)
This is the bit that I think worries some people. We have aspirations to be a club at least one division higher, so signing players for whom NLS is probably the right level gives us pause. With that said - it's probably better that he is with us (hopefully scoring a few) vs going somewhere like Yeovil (BOOOO) and scoring a bunch for them instead.

Did he actually play as a striker for you? the internet told me he's a winger but that seems unlikely if he's scored 18 goals last season.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Spooky
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Spooky »

Yes, he was a striker, not a winger.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

A name to throw in the mixer, Cam Hargreaves (son of Chris). Energetic central midfielder has been playing at Kings Lynn for the past couple of seasons. They’ve just finished second in the NLN losing in the play off final.
The gulls are going up
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Will any youth players be signed this summer? After letting the promising Moyse go it seems like a waste of time!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Re Bradley Ash , from the clip on the OS
looks like he can score goals in the NS South with both feet and his head and shows an opportunist instinct - which is all the things we need. I'll settle for that.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Look its pointless carping about Moyse - hes gone to Dorchester which shows his level. Tomlinson held down a regular place in a mid table NLS side so I guess thats why we kept him. No point in keeping people like Olaf who have been here for ever and are obviously nowhere near good enough.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

brucie wrote: 24 May 2023, 14:36 Look its pointless carping about Moyse - hes gone to Dorchester which shows his level. Tomlinson held down a regular place in a mid table NLS side so I guess thats why we kept him. No point in keeping people like Olaf who have been here for ever and are obviously nowhere near good enough.
Agree on Olaf, just thought Moyse was harshly done by at his age.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Olaf will come good, one day. Then we'll have to watch out!!
TUST member 200 ;-)