Torquay United v Kings Lynn Town Sat 20 March 3.00 KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Dazza wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 15:55 Are these people actually watching the game or are they just taking the Michael?
Oh, I am watching it.... Boden (although scoring a goal that my cat would have had trouble missing) is laughable. A striker he is not.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

We are pressing well, would be good to get a 2nd to settle the game down
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Boden OFF
Umerah ON
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

DT says on commentary he will need a stiff drink at FT, he needs an appointment at Specsavers!!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

United62 wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 15:47 Take Boden and Law off... give Koszela and Buse a run out
and also good he didnt take Law off, has had a good 2nd half and the difference in shape is clear when you have a natural LB playing!

FT 1-0 !
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Stockport just equalised at Sutton
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I won't comment about the match save that we scraped three points. Our first home win for three months - unbelievable but maybe not, being a TU fan.

How the referee avoided booking any Kings Lynn players until added on time is a mystery to me. He seemed determined to work his way through our team like he was collecting train numbers but completely ignored any number of opportunities to level things up.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes the Torquay website seem to be down at the start of the match but got through the in player page.

Luckily Kings Lynn were a pub team, and for once had a goalkeeper who was worse than ours. Still 3 points but we will struggle to beat anyone with that line up.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Some really stupid comments above . A game we needed to win however we got it and thankfully we did. Lets hope they start believing in themselves again.

I think these links confirm that Scott Boden is indeed a striker !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Boden

standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Possibly the most important win of the season so far.
Stops the bad run, keeps us in touch with the race for top spot and clear in third place, which may be the more realistic target. Unless today’s result is the start of a change in form and fortune of course.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

exilegull wrote: 20 Mar 2021, 16:53 Stockport just equalised at Sutton
96th minute equalizer - pressure is now on them.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Just what we needed a win, no matter how it came. Played well at times but once again the final pass or failure to shoot seemed to be lacking, probably a confidence thing which this win may just give them.
However was concerned to see that Sherring was limping at the end, not another injury!!!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

It was no classic, and at times edge of the seat stuff waiting for their luck to change and get one on us, but we held out and something else that was different today besides three points, we were shooting from outside the box again, thank goodness.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

A deserved win and thought we played very well overall. The much critiscised Andrews and Little (by me included) were greatly improved today. Some great balls in from Andrews. CLE played well but just wish he wouldn't overplay at times , get the cross in and try a shot instead of the extra pass. Shame we couldn't get the second goal , a bit more belief and attacking of the ball from crosses required.
Everyone worked very hard for that result Important we follow this up on Tuesday with another 3 points.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

We deserved the win.
We got the win.
We still have half the team out injured.
Boden is a National League centre forward and that's what we needed right now. He's no more than that but he does what he can reasonably well.

There are a bunch of people on here who seem to know very little about football.