Sutton United Vs Torquay United 7/3/20

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

[OS] Important Information For Fans Travelling To Sutton

Post by Louis »

Sutton United have provided the following ticketing information for supporters travelling to the game this Saturday, with discounts available on matchday prices when purchased in advance. There will be a £2 discount for Adult / Concession prices and £1 on Junior prices when tickets are purchased before midnight on Friday 6th March (the night before the game). Tickets can be purchased directly via Sutton United’s website here. Please note: There will be no segregation at the Knights Community Stadium, so tickets are valid for entry through any turnstile. The post Important Information For Fans Travelling To Sutton appeared first on Torquay United.

Read more
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Predictions please
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Just got my tickets x 4. Easy system and a good discount this way.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

2-0 to the mighty TUFC.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

3-1 Torquay
Back to the team which got us to 2nd in the league, we’re a force to be reckoned with.
Gary hinted at Vincent not making the squad due to maximum loans currently in the squad.
Does Wynter start and we push Whitfield further forward and we drop Andrews? For me don’t change anything, “don’t change if not broken” As good as Wynter is it would be pretty harsh dropping anyone right now. Up the gulls
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Traditionally we do not do well on plastic pitches and Sutton while not winning a lot do not lose that many either, I will take a draw.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

We did win there last time on the artificial pitch. Was there for that a midweek match. Not there tomorrow but predict a close game but edge it 2 -1 Hopefully a few tired limbs for them playing on a pudding and of a pitch at Halifax in midweek
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Doubt if Vincent will be risked on the artificial surface. Their 15 goal striker missed the midweek game with a tight hamstring so he will do well to make it on the more jarring surface tomorrow.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

We will have trained all week on the artificial pitch at the college as well.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Never seen a good game on a plastic pitch and don't expect a classic tomorrow. Maidstone still haunts me with the loss of Liam Davis, knocked out by a team from a lower League and what seemed like a million road closures on way home. That said, all the talk around the club is about play offs, so we have to come away with the points. There seems to be a new found confidence around the team after our last two wins so hopefully we take that into the game tomorrow. For me Wynter (if fit) has to start and so should Andrews . 4-4-2 with Wynter, Cundy, Cameron, Longridge at the back. Andrews, Evans, Hall, Whitfield in midfield with Reid and Azeze up top. Harsh that Lewis misses out as he's playing well but for me Wynter is the better full back. Lewis is a CB after all. Tough decision for the manager which I'm sure he will relish. Makes a change from the usual head count at training on Friday. I going tomorrow and expect a big turnout from the yellow army. No segregation means we will never know how many.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I reckon we’ll stick with our 3-5-2 with Whitfield remaining at RWB. Has served us well. Wynter may be a better full back than Lewis, fred, but Lewis has been at centre-back most recently and hasn’t put a foot wrong whenever he has played in his favoured position.

1-2 Azeez, Cameron
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Rjc70 wrote: 06 Mar 2020, 21:27 I reckon we’ll stick with our 3-5-2 with Whitfield remaining at RWB. Has served us well. Wynter may be a better full back than Lewis, fred, but Lewis has been at centre-back most recently and hasn’t put a foot wrong whenever he has played in his favoured position.

1-2 Azeez, Cameron
Not going to disagree. Why change a winning format. I always worry about the pace of our back 3 against a quick attack especially as Whitfield's natural instinct is to attack. It's a good time to have options in both formation and personnel going into the final months of the season.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Wynter didn't get any game time last week (I don't think,) and about 5 minutes the week before. I know he played a reserve team game in midweek but he won't be fully match sharp just yet. Lewis is playing really well at rhe moment and has to start for me. I expect a similar team/formation to last week but we will see. My only concern with this is that Reidy keeps dropping deep to get the ball and that's not where we want him.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Dropping Lewis shouldn’t be an option, he’s been unreal this month. Stood out for me alongside longridge
Tommy17
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tommy17 »

We should leave are back line as it is.
We have been solid at the back last few games, to suggest dropping Lewis is a crime he has been outstanding along side Cameron & Cundy.
0-3 Reidy Azeez Hall