Concord Rangers V Torquay United 23/3/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Tricky game that and as said, the pitch didn’t suit our game. Concord were unbeaten in ten games prior to today so they are no mugs, and this was never going to be easy. They were very organised but we kept on chipping away and then up steps Cameron to nod home from close range!!

Cracking couple of days of footy for me, Wembley last night to watch a Sterling masterclass, and I got to see the boys bag another three points today!! Tag a Woking loss on to those two and it’s been decent!!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Deserved the win again.
Doubly good with Woking losing.
Hopefully we no longer have to rely on beating Woking. We could well win the league with a couple of games to go.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I think the bigger game is actually the East Thurrock match - need to win that one.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

brucie wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 18:33 I think the bigger game is actually the East Thurrock match - need to win that one.
We already did.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well today was massive for our chances of outright Promotion.
Brilliant result for the lads and so pleased for Kyle Cameron to score a crucial header to secure all 3 points.
Kyle has come so close all season and so what a day to score the winner.
I did not see Woking losing to Slough.
Wokings next 3 games are Bath away,Torquay at Home, and Chelmsford away. Very tough.
Three clean sheets in a row is very pleasing.
We are in a great position now if we can capitalise by winning the two home games against Wealdstone and Chelmsford.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Ugly win in an ugly place. Not sure I’d return.
TUST #324
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

numpte wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 19:11 Ugly win in an ugly place. Not sure I’d return.
You didn't like the ground with a sewage works at one end, caravan park one side and oil terminal the other!
Hopefully we won't have to go back there again.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Anyone know the reason behind Andrews not being played these last 2?
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Crazy league this!!! How have we lost 5 points to WSM !! I was at both games and they didn't look like a bottom of the table team either times. I have seen so much worse this year!! Maybe they did raise their game for us. Nothing to do with this thread but I have looked at the table long and hard tonight and loving it!!!!Come on you yellows!!!!!!!!!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

We can all speculate as to why he has not featured in the last two and only Johnson actually knows the truth, he is undoubtedly a talent, and any team would be grateful to have him in the team, he is young , and my own personal observation is that he does not think like a pro footballer for the full 90 minutes, when that light finally comes on like it has with Lemonheigh Evans then anything is possible for this kid. I know he had a slight niggle a few weeks ago and if he had any sense he will have learnt from the bench how a mature midfielder with not necessarily his talent can operate.if you wont to play centre midfield where I know he is happiest then you have to have the ability to hold your own against some pretty agricultural tackles, at this stage of his life he is a little lightweight for that role purely in terms of body strength.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Champions elect win that today. Horrible ground and location, Smash and grab win and get the hell out. Sounds like the Woking players confronted fans after the final whistle, ...boy doesn’t Gloucester away seem an internity. The league table tonight looks bloody good. COYY
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

So pleased with the result I've struggled to make a post as just don't want to get carried away. Next game is the most important so let's keep totally focused on a win next week.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Another great away day. Not easy but class told in the end.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I forgot to say, decent ref for a change.
Other than giving a goal kick following their keeper’s excellent save from Reid’s shot.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

What a great win and day out. Tiny ground, but great social club bar before and after. As Gary Johnson said while discussing with him before the game, him and the players need to embrace where we are and the grounds we play at.

Save of the Day - Shaun MacDonald, how did he keep it out. It looked world class, I can't wait to see it again.

Funny Moment - Paul Bastard running from behind the goal to berate the linesman who awarded a goal kick when their keeper my the second best save of the day. While a number of fans offered the linesman their glasses.

Tit of the Day - The Torquay supporter who borrow a bucket for someone to stand on. I don't have a problem with that, but please put it back, or just leave it. Why throw it onto the pitch at the end of the game!