Banning orders issued

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The way it works is that all security will have a briefing prior to their shift starting. Photos of fans on banning orders will be passed about and if recognised the response team will be tasked with ejecting the individual or holding him until the police deal with him/her.

Security isn't all about being able to punch a blokes face in. There won't be any 14 year olds doing it as you now need an nvq in Spectator Safety or be working towards one to be able to work in stadiums or licenced events even as a steward. Response teams have to be SIA registered so would mainly consist of Doormen or Close Protection qualified operators like myself.

Huge difference between a court imposed banning order and a club allocated one but both can be enforced.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 12:11 The way it works is that all security will have a briefing prior to their shift starting. Photos of fans on banning orders will be passed about and if recognised the response team will be tasked with ejecting the individual or holding him until the police deal with him/her.

Security isn't all about being able to punch a blokes face in. There won't be any 14 year olds doing it as you now need an nvq in Spectator Safety or be working towards one to be able to work in stadiums or licenced events even as a steward. Response teams have to be SIA registered so would mainly consist of Doormen or Close Protection qualified operators like myself.

Huge difference between a court imposed banning order and a club allocated one but both can be enforced.
How much of that is really going to be applied on a wet Tuesday night at Plainmoor?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

With the size of our crowds I would say every game. It's a condition of security for a club like ours. I know it's run the same way at Eastleigh as I was asked to run it for them. It's the same at Wembley and other stadiums. People will still flout the order and enter the ground but if identified they will get removed. I guess it depends on how good your security operator is and how good the club are at producing the information needed to enforce the order.

Court imposed ones are much more serious obviously and as I said would be most likely to end in jail time for anyone breaching it. If the club are serious and feel they have the evidence they would impose their own ban and should then pass the information to the Police who would then decide whether to seek court proceedings to attach the order.

I get where you're coming from but it's a lot more organised now than ever before and with the authorities looking to tighten up on the type of staff employed in security roles. At Hampton they use volunteers for low key games but use my friends company for games like our one up there. I got a briefing from the stadium manager and then briefed my staff. We had one on an FA banning order who turned up at 1.45pm and after he tried pushing past one of their volunteers was held by us until a PC arrived. He decided to let him go on his way as he said he just wanted to use the toilet blah blah but I've seen fans try the same at Reading and at West Ham and they both got prison sentences. It's a pretty serious offence to disregard a court order. At the end of the day it will depend on how serious the club are to rid themselves of that element and whether they want to draw more attention and publicity by pursuing Police action. Licenced premises usually try to avoid using the Police because it then brings Licensing down on them.
Dave

SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Anybody entering the Popside for the last home game would have noticed the Police with the Stewards on the inside looking to identify anybody entering that was of any interest.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

SBP wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 13:37 Anybody entering the Popside for the last home game would have noticed the Police with the Stewards on the inside looking to identify anybody entering that was of any interest.
The irony being that these type of fans rarely go to home games. A lot of the younger ones do but my information is that it was in the main fans of a previous era that turned up to co-ordinate and cause problems.
Dave

SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

You re probably right Dave. That wasnt happening at home games before the Bath game so i guess it was a reaction from that.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I spoke to one of the cops to find out why he was there; & remarked that the cops at Bath hadn't done much. He said he'd been at Bath !However, I wasn't of interest to them!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

taxilady wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 13:18 I spoke to one of the cops to find out why he was there; & remarked that the cops at Bath hadn't done much. He said he'd been at Bath ![highlight=yellow]However, I wasn't of interest to them![/highlight]
That does surprise me Nina.
Obviously the Plods didnt do their research and have the intel........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Basically apart from being banned from plainmoor, and they don’t travel by the supporters travel club. They will be at Woking and Chippenham.
Lucy
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

How are these banning orders actually enforced even at Plainmoor anyway? Seems like quite a challenge to recognise a number of people who are banned in my opinion.

I think a simpler solution going forward is to make sure there is adequate stewarding and checks are done before entering the ground (particularly Woking and Chippenham) - any pyro you can't come in. Any trouble on the day you're out.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Midlandgull wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 17:26 How are these banning orders actually enforced even at Plainmoor anyway? Seems like quite a challenge to recognise a number of people who are banned in my opinion.

I think a simpler solution going forward is to make sure there is adequate stewarding and checks are done before entering the ground (particularly Woking and Chippenham) - any pyro you can't come in. Any trouble on the day you're out.
This group knows they can get away with their presence going the Cotswolds and historic bath. Probably have to add Weston. But where they there at tranmere last season or Wrexham. The answer is no because they would know the consequences.
Lucy