FA Cup 3RQ Brightlingsea Regent v TUFC 6/10/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We can't have asked for a better opportunity to reach the final qualifying round. If I'm honest I've never heard of them, and i thought looking where concord rangers was on google maps was bad enough. 190 attendance, should feel like another home match. COYY.
Lucy
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Brightlingsea is a long trek from Torquay. Turn right off the A12 just after Colchester. It's quite a nice small town at the mouth of the River Colne. There's a beach of sorts when the tide's down but lots of mud and it all looks better when the tide is up. There are a few pubs and a marina but nothing to get excited about. I've never been tot he football ground but it seems to have two or three small stands plus standing round the pitch as we did at Leamington. The team play at a low level so we should win!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

standupsitdown wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 08:26 Brightlingsea is a long trek from Torquay. Turn right off the A12 just after Colchester. It's quite a nice small town at the mouth of the River Colne. There's a beach of sorts when the tide's down but lots of mud and it all looks better when the tide is up. There are a few pubs and a marina but nothing to get excited about. I've never been tot he football ground but it seems to have two or three small stands plus standing round the pitch as we did at Leamington. The team play at a low level so we should win!
I've seen Brightlingsea play a few times and although they may 'play at a low level' it's worth reminding ourselves that this is only ONE level below us, so not as easy as some might hope.

However, after ripping Lymington apart in the last round, confidence should be sky high for another trip to into the unknown (for most).
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Love these long journeys. COYY!
whistler68
Trialist
Trialist

Post by whistler68 »

Hi All

I have registered here due to being involved at Brightlingsea Regent your opponents in the next round of FA Cup. Any questions or anything I can help with regarding your visit I will be pleased to.

Gav
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Truro lose 4-3 in extra time tonight,pitman scores twice,truro were 3-0 up at one point.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

whistler68 wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 20:32 Hi All

I have registered here due to being involved at Brightlingsea Regent your opponents in the next round of FA Cup. Any questions or anything I can help with regarding your visit I will be pleased to.

Gav
Hi Gav.

Thanks for that. :-D I'm sure you will be of help to many on here.

Shame nobody could be arsed to acknowledge you however. :-/
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

What a shame for Truro, poor old Cornish
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Unfortunately I shall be giving this a miss due to financial constraints. However I shall be going to Priory Lane the following week. 2 miles from where I work, and 10 miles from where I live! Another plastic pitch however.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

whistler68 wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 20:32 Hi All

Gav
Gav, thanks for this posting. Some questions?

Nearest station? (Probably not an option)
Car parking?
Best route for driving ie: via Colchester or North of Colchester on the A12 ring road on to the coast etc
Segregation?
They are not going to change the KO time, like they did on our Lymington match, are they?

Will be a great occasion for all and expect 200-300 TQ supporters, may be more but a very long way from Devon.

Once again many thanks for your posting.

Dennis
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Nightrider wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 22:21 Truro lose 4-3 in extra time tonight,pitman scores twice,truro were 3-0 up at one point.
I noticed that JP Pittman scored twice. Anyone know the attendance for the match?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I can answer nearest station. It's Wivenhoe then bus. Sadly branch to Brightlingsea closed in early 1960s.
whistler68
Trialist
Trialist

Post by whistler68 »

Hi Guys

As far as kick off time goes the club has no plans to change unless outside forces dictate.

Id personally avoid going into colchester road works are a nightmare. The A12 will take you past colchester and then head to clacton then frating and signs to brightlingsea . Train to colchester then change for clacton and get off at wivenhoe or arlesford...bus 62 goes every 20 mins from both villages to brightlingsea town centre...ground 10 min walk.
Loads of pubs ...cherry tree does pie amd mash amd food...kings head ..brewers arms and swan all town centre . Swan and brewers do bnb also. For real ale the famous railway tavern is very very good
Paigntonfan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by Paigntonfan »

Hi folks, my name is Neil I live in Paignton, I've been watching our side with interest and now real hope, my question is, I'd like to go to the next cup game on the 6th next sat, would anyone be able to give me a lift whose going, and how much is it to get in to the ground??, many thanks in advance for replies. Neil
Paigntonfan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by Paigntonfan »

And share fuel costs I should have added.