Why We Won't Make The Playoffs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Why we won't make the play offs . . .

. . . because we'll go up as runners up ? :O

Next up are Maccelsfield, we'll see where we are after that one. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Following on from the previous post, we can move up to 4th position if we beat Cheltenham on Tuesday. :O

If we can then beat Northampton Galaxy at the Sickfields Stadium then we'll be in LA LA land (3rd position and an automatic promotion place). :O :O

One game at a time, remember ? ;-)

Any attendance on Tuesday that is less than 2500 will be a kick in the nuts for all that are striving to do their best for the club.

It would be typical Torquay United to get a 3000+ gate and then gloriously f*ck it up !!! :(
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Called the point vs Macclesfield - just got the score wrong.... :Z
Massive, Massive game on Tuesday.
We should go round all the local schools and mobilise the town. :slap: :whip:
3 points and we could be top 3 :O :whistle:
What a great season - the drama, the tension, the ups the downs the capitulations the resolve the loanees the GULLS :clap:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Why Port Vale won't, just have a look on a Monday morning after they've played at the weekend. Managers fighting, players getting abuse all the time, fans with delusions of grandeur. Every week there's a story off the field about Port Vale. Club in crisis. If everyone isn't pulling in the same direction forget it.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Now fans racially abusing a player [Exodus Geohaghen] after the final whistle has been brought to the attention of the PFA.

Tut tut.
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

Gannon has left Vale! That's good news for us unless Micky Adams gets the boot at Sheffield United and goes back.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

they are a shambles. Although I actually think this is good news for them, he is an abysmal manager.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Tomorrow night we are the only team in the top 7 playing. If we win we will jump up to 4th, but Shrews & Rotherham will have a game in hand.

On Friday night when we play a struggling N'ton Rotherham will also be away to an OK Lincoln City (I am going for a draw). We have a realistic chance of increasing the gap on them (but they will still have a game in hand over us).

On the Saturday / Sunday Gillingham are away to Cheltenham (Gills win for me), Wycombe away to Morecombe (Wycombe win for me), Bury away to Port Vale (as much as we need Port Vale to lose, we don't want Bury to win and a realistic chance of a draw), Shrews away to Bradford (this could go either way, so I am going with a draw) and Chesterfield (not that it matters) are away to Barnet (3 points Chesterfield).

Therefore come Monday 28th March I would expect the table to look like.....

1. Chesterfield Played 39 PTS 77
2. Wycombe Played 38 PTS 64
3. Bury Played 38 PTS 62
4. Torquay Played 39 PTS 61
5. Gillingham Played 39 PTS 60
6. Rotherham Played 38 PTS 59
7. Shrewsbury Played 38 PTS 58

Rotherham are at home to Shrews the following Tuesday to play their game in hand, for us this has to be a draw. The following Tuesday after that Wycombe play at Hereford for their game in hand, which you would guess they would win. Lastly Bury play their game in hand the following Tuesday from that at home to Burton, which they should win.

With other fixtures coming up in mind for the top 7 clubs, if we finish 4th I would be bloody suprised and extatic, however play offs are now a big potential.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Awayday wrote:Tomorrow night we are the only team in the top 7 playing. If we win we will jump up to 4th, but Shrews & Rotherham will have a game in hand.

On Friday night when we play a struggling N'ton Rotherham will also be away to an OK Lincoln City (I am going for a draw). We have a realistic chance of increasing the gap on them (but they will still have a game in hand over us).

On the Saturday / Sunday Gillingham are away to Cheltenham (Gills win for me), Wycombe away to Morecombe (Wycombe win for me), Bury away to Port Vale (as much as we need Port Vale to lose, we don't want Bury to win and a realistic chance of a draw), Shrews away to Bradford (this could go either way, so I am going with a draw) and Chesterfield (not that it matters) are away to Barnet (3 points Chesterfield).

Therefore come Monday 28th March I would expect the table to look like.....
1. Chesterfield Played 39 PTS 77
2. Wycombe Played 38 PTS 64
3. Bury Played 38 PTS 62
4. Torquay Played 39 PTS 61
5. Gillingham Played 39 PTS 60
6. Rotherham Played 38 PTS 59
7. Shrewsbury Played 38 PTS 58

Rotherham are at home to Shrews the following Tuesday to play their game in hand, for us this has to be a draw. The following Tuesday after that Wycombe play at Hereford for their game in hand, which you would guess they would win. Lastly Bury play their game in hand the following Tuesday from that at home to Burton, which they should win.

With other fixtures coming up in mind for the top 7 clubs, if we finish 4th I would be bloody suprised and extatic, however play offs are now a big potential.
well thats done it! :@

dont you know the :rules: about looking/predicting the league table! :slap: :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: well thats done it! :@

dont you know the :rules: about looking/predicting the league table! :slap: :@
Yes, look at the finer print, it states "Do not predict the league table unless you know it is going to p!ss off that bloke in Barnsley"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Awayday wrote: Yes, look at the finer print, it states "Do not predict the league table unless you know it is going to p!ss off that bloke in Barnsley"
it was a warning mate! =D

its "auntie" jane you have to look out for! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

ChineseGull wrote:Gannon has left Vale! That's good news for us unless Micky Adams gets the boot at Sheffield United and goes back.
Good news for us? He was doing an excellent job!!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

What counts entering the last 10 games of the season is the form. Be lower mid table and pick up nowt and you stare relegation in the face. Contrariwise, be upper mid table and get more wins than draws and remain unbeaten then a play off place is nailed on, maybe even automatic promotion.

Now where are we and what's the current form ? To get 4 points from two tricky away games and not play well for the full 90 suggests we may have that other factor shining on us : LUCK.

Said it before and will say it again, it will be our final 5 games where everything will have to be in our favour. If ( that if word again) it is, the we go up automatically.

Why we won't make the playoffs : quod est demonstrandum.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

We have nothing to fear :engflag: and we appear to have the spirit and players :keepie: to get us the automatic spot (I may chose to retract thos after tomorrow game...) :whistle:

nos admiratione Ardeidae
:scarf: :clap: :scarf: :clap:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Momentum in the last 1/4 of season is key.
Remember 1997-98
Colchester came from nowhere and BAM! they stole the play off spot at Wembley....
TUFC.GIF
TUFC.GIF (46.59 KiB) Viewed 1107 times