Torquay Fan Stats Website

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Torquay Fan Stats Website

Post by Gulliball »

As you might have been aware, the main page of this site used to host a collection of articles and features, including the home/away attendance breakdowns and Player of the Year figures that I stored there. With this gone, I created a simple website to keep this information on.

From just those two pages it became quite addictive and over the last month I have added a few other pages. It is quite a general site, but I gave it the name Torquay Fan Stats because I think it has the potential to be a good resource for Torquay fans for all manner of TUFC related things.

The site is new, and wasn’t really planned, so is very much open to new ideas, pages, suggestions or anything else. If there is anything that you think could be useful or interesting to Torquay fans then I would love to hear from you with either suggestions or input.

The site now is based on whatever I could think of to add during the last month, so is by no means exhaustive. It is currently a mixture of the features I run on here, some new material I hastily researched and bringing together things that are already on other websites under one roof.

As a rough guide, the site currently contains:
Torquay Away Followings, broken down club by club
Away Attendances at Plainmoor, broken down club by club
Seasonal attendances breakdowns and historical summary
The mileages to every ground we’ve played at over the last 10 years, and totals for each year
The Player of the Year Overview and yearly figures
League Positions and Cup Runs throughout history
Records
Managers
Youtube videos
On This Day feature, throughout history
Birthdays of current and former TUFC figures
The few sample articles from sold out editions of Highway to Hele fanzines
Links to other popular TUFC websites

The address is: www.torquayfanstats.com

There is also a Twitter account @torquayfanstats which will tweet some of the On This Day, Birthday, any relevant stats for current news stories and updates. I have been updating this for the last week with no followers to give you a sample of what a week’s content might look like – certainly during the league season, as the summer might be a bit quieter.

Thanks for your time, and I would love to hear back with any comments on whether this is a good idea, what you think of what is there at the moment and what could be added in the future. Over time, with more followers, feedback and features added, I think it could be a useful place for fans to go to check on anything TUFC related. If you like the site then please do share it (and the twitter address) with friends, family, forums, facebook etc and help get it off the ground.

Chris
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Good on you buddy. Well done. If you want any hosting mate I'm happy to support. I'll get a link put up on here too later on.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Hats off to you. Very interesting statistics. There was a geographical map on the yellow army Facebook the other day highlighting where we are playing next season. It's dreadful for Torquay/midland based fans. Good for northern and Essex supporters.
Lucy
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Awesome little site. Sure it'll be a useful tool in the future.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Fantastic site. Could get very addictive !!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I've just had a quick look at the site; excellent stuff. I'll put on my thinking cap for ideas.

Just had a couple of ideas (that was quick!):

How about links to other websites of interest. For example, there's a historical list of Torquay players on Wikipedia, and I seem to remember a similar list on a fan's forum site somewhere up north?

And perhaps a history section or sections, not just for the club but also for the local area, where we could send in old photographs, stories, memoirs, etc.?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Gullscorer wrote:
How about links to other websites of interest. For example, there's a historical list of Torquay players on Wikipedia, and I seem to remember a similar list on a fan's forum site somewhere up north?

And perhaps a history section or sections, not just for the club but also for the local area, where we could send in old photographs, stories, memoirs, etc.?
These things already exist on the TFF.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Torquay Fans Forum. It's another TUFC forum. Although hardly anyone uses it anymore it does have a very interesting history section.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Oh yes, you're right; I forgot about them. They do have a very interesting history section with some excellent photos. So what Chris's new website could do, at least in part, is to act as a hub to link all these different resources together..?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

The History Room of TFF is already in the links section, along with a few other popular pages.

As said above, a historical list of players has already been compiled and is the work of its authors. It would be a huge job to compile anything similar, so would be well into the future, if at all.

You are welcome to send in any photos or anything else, and I'll try to find the best place for any content.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Ottery gull »

Excellent site,perfect for gullsaholics. Thanks Gulliball, my evenings are now catered for.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

This website is awesome, cheers Gulliball!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Thank-you both.

When trying to research something else, I happened to come across the fact that the goal Iffy Allen scored against Chester on 5th April was the 5000th league goal we've scored since being elected to national competitions in 1927. I'll try to tweet any little snippets like this, that don't have their own section on the website (at least not yet), @torquayfanstats
www.torquayfanstats.com