Billy Bodin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Billy Bodin

Post by supergulls »

I haven't posted for a while as I lost the love for Torquay, seeing our club making bad decision after bad decision hurt me. But moving on how good does Billy Bodin look. The boy was made to play for us when he had a cruciate injury which was mid diagnosed by Damien Davey. They injected him with cortisone and made him play. But everyone got on his case and slaughtered him when nobody knew the real loss of form. It took a year out of the game to recover but now rovers are reaping the rewards and billy and manse are possibly on the verge of two back to back promotions.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Agreed, and good luck to them. But we can't look back. Kevin Nicholson has worked wonders getting the likes of Blissett and others back into form and forging a real team. And there's every reason to hope and expect he'll bring in a few more gems for next season, just as Paul Buckle did for our previous promotion year, but probably for less expense than Buckle incurred.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I don't think the managers we had got the best out of him except the first season he came it may have been Ling who did a good job whilst he was well.

Bodin was my favorite player. It's funny Mansell and Bodin took stick from our crowd but both have gone on to better things but they are playing in a good side but both struggled in a bad side.

Sam Chaney is looking a good player and could do a better job than what Bodin did for us as he has a high work rate with good ability.
Last edited by arcadia on 02 May 2016, 13:55, edited 2 times in total.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Standard supergulls post, loves a 'I told you so'
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Welcome back supergulls, like to see more of you on the forum. I know quite a few personably on here and across the TU forums, I told a number of other posters in conversation at the games, and posted it on here I thought Billy Bodin was a very good player.

It really has nothing to do with his attitude at TUFC and never did, I didn't know he was playing with such a serious injury, however I do agree with arcadia's view point, and said it myself more than few times, that I didn't think he was being used correctly, and successive managers were not getting the best out him.

It has come as no real surprise to me he's doing so well with Rovers, but then it wouldn't, because as a fan, I've have the ability to look past someone who's face doesn't fit, or a player who's the current fans champion.
Formerly known as forevertufc
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote:Standard supergulls post, loves a 'I told you so'
Ha ha I've never been an I told you so after the event, I used to be the person who told you all the inside information. I've forgotten more than you will ever know.
Billy got slaughtered on here for lack of form and nobody knew Damien Davey was forcing him to play when he had ruptured his cruciate, he looked at his scans and told him he had nothing wrong with him and it was all in his head. It wasn't until he got a second opinion that it come to light You don't become an awful player over night and I'm so pleased he is now proving people wrong as he is a very talented footballer.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

supergulls wrote: Ha ha I've never been an I told you so after the event, I used to be the person who told you all the inside information. I've forgotten more than you will ever know.
Billy got slaughtered on here for lack of form and nobody knew Damien Davey was forcing him to play when he had ruptured his cruciate, he looked at his scans and told him he had nothing wrong with him and it was all in his head. It wasn't until he got a second opinion that it come to light You don't become an awful player over night and I'm so pleased he is now proving people wrong as he is a very talented footballer.
whats your point?

no-one cares if you've 'forgotten more than you will ever know'.

DD was a good physio for us, Bodins talent was clear on his initial first spell, it didnt work out - he moved on.

The world keeps spinning!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I don't have a problem with "I told you so's"

Predicting the future, well many are just guesses of course and based on no fact at all, and those people will quietly forget all the wrong predictions. But..... from time to time someone DOES know some inside info but cannt divulge it and when they see fans on here, and there have been plenty slagging off certain individuals (Human Beings) without the knowledge of the true circumstances I think they should be reminded of that fact. So in the future they might just think twice before character assassinating someone.
TUST MEMBER
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Bodin other than his loan spell for whatever reason was complete and utter gash for us with the heart of a pea. But he's doing well now somewhere else which happens in football, good luck to him.
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

I always thought there was a good player in Billy Bodin, but it just didn't work out with us. Pleased to hear he's doing well though.