Nicholson out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Gullible wrote:@davidcaldwell 123 - he didn't have to play himself, as he had a decent full back in the squad - he was/is arrogant and thought/thinks he could/can do everything!
Don't agree. I believe Nicho saw the need for a true left footer in midfield which meant that Butler would be pushed forward requiring him to fill in at full back. I think this shows common sense and not arrogance. If there is one thing Nicho isn't, its arrogant.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Modgull wrote: Don't agree. I believe Nicho saw the need for a true left footer in midfield which meant that Butler would be pushed forward requiring him to fill in at full back. I think this shows common sense and not arrogance. If there is one thing Nicho isn't, its arrogant.
Why didn't he sign a left footed full back (or left footer in midfield) then?

From the outside looking in it seems that Nicho is slightly arrogant, that quote from the other day when he cancelled Murombedzi's contract struck me as arrogant and he came over as a bit of a prick.
"If I was getting rid of players who had scored one goal every two games, I could certainly understand the fans' frustration. "But it's done now and in the past."
Nicholson in, for now, until the end of the season when I hope his contract expires.
Last edited by RussianGull on 02 Feb 2016, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

You cannot play while managing and do it to 100% of your ability, the game needs to be analysed from the side-lines if you are to rectify mistakes, you wont see the game the same while playing. You also cant make the same mistakes as your players on the pitch, you cant see systems changing or identify areas of concern. Robbie may be doing this, but its not the same in my opinion seeing situations with your own eyes.

Added in 9 minutes 10 seconds:
He can be as arrogant as he likes as long as he gets results, I wolud settle for progress not perfection.
Modgull wrote: Don't agree. I believe Nicho saw the need for a true left footer in midfield which meant that Butler would be pushed forward requiring him to fill in at full back. I think this shows common sense and not arrogance. If there is one thing Nicho isn't, its arrogant.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Gullible wrote:@davidcaldwell 123 - he didn't have to play himself, as he had a decent full back in the squad - he was/is arrogant and thought/thinks he could/can do everything!
:goodpost: :clap:
RussianGull wrote: Why didn't he sign a left footed full back (or left footer in midfield) then?

From the outside looking in it seems that Nicho is slightly arrogant, that quote from the other day when he cancelled Murombedzi's contract struck me as arrogant and he came over as a bit of a prick. Nicholson in, for now, until the end of the season when I hope his contract expires.
:goodpost: :clap:

Exactly how I felt the from his first game in charge when he changed the team set up to shoehorn himself in, which it looks like he has done constsantly since, no matter what he seems to have to play, he quite clearly shouldnt be though. Bad enough he is manager, a nightmare I cant seem to wake up from that he is playing also. If you had said to me in July we would end up with Nicholson as player manager I would never have believed it possible. At the very least to give ourselves any chance he needs to hang the boots up and get on with bein a "manager".
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, you'll get your wish at the weekend, as he is injured.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hes cup tied anyway!!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Am I right in saying we havent lost a game since hes been manager when he hasnt played? Not looked it up but think hes only not played the 3 FA Trophy games, and 3 clean sheets too
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Incorrect. Nico definitely played in the Chesham replay as I was there
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The club's dire financial circumstances explain a lot of the decisions made, both on and off the field.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Well, you'll get your wish at the weekend, as he is injured.
Well at least the team will have a fighting chance then instead of carrying a passenger, they might actually look more balanced and be tighter instead of having to carry and cover the left back constantly.

Just see though, I bet even if we win the games he is out, and we look much better and give a good performance, as soon as he is "fit" he will change it all around again to suit so that he plays no matter what.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Didn't he also sit out the Basingstoke smashing also?
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Jeff wrote:Incorrect. Nico definitely played in the Chesham replay as I was there
Ah, I was just going off Brucie saying he was cup tied, and assumed he'd have missed all of them. Maybe it was the FA Cup he was cuptied from. My bad.