Blissett Signs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Where the hell is Daniel?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

drummergull90 wrote: Maybe signals the departure of marsh or fairhurst? Or the deployment of wright in a wide role? We really need a CM.
I truly hope you're wrong ! Marsh and Wright seem to be forming a good partnership so I hope they will continue together. I have to say that I am more encouraged by the extensions of the loans of Verma and Wright, and the return of Toby Ajala, than the signings of Harrod and Blissett, but we will see how things pan out.

It's gone very quiet re Kadell Daniel. It would be good to see him back at Plainmoor as well. Still 17 days of the Transfer Window left.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Briscoe out and Blissett in

:) :)
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Club says initially until end of season but HE indicating an 18 month so reading between the lines, if we stay up he'll be ours next season too.
He has agreed to sign an 18-month contract with the club and a statement on the Torquay website says the deal will be completed after the weekend.
Read more: http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... z3xEztS7Lh
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Wonder if Fairhurst will be included in squad this weekend?

I wonder if Fairhurst will be with us much longer given that he must be amongst the higher wage earners and that we have taken on a few strikers.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

On his Wikipedia page, it is suggested that Waide Fairhurst can play anywhere along the front line or as an attacking midfielder.
Maybe he is our new midfielder?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Jack wrote:On his Wikipedia page, it is suggested that Waide Fairhurst can play anywhere along the front line or as an attacking midfielder.
Maybe he is our new midfielder?
He will need to get fully fit first and this is going to take some time after such a lengthy lay off.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

As a well-known darksider (that's why I get on so well with brucie) I applaud the recent signings. Things are beginning to look a little better now.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

wivelgull wrote:As a well-known darksider (that's why I get on so well with brucie <3 ) I applaud the recent signings. Things are beginning to look a little better now.

Shh. Don't let Brucie hear you say that!! </3
TUST member 200 ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Recent activity at the club has been nothing but positive, same goes for the team spirit in the squad, and the immediate future is looking much brighter. We now have a fighting chance to escape the drop, so negativity and criticism will not be welcome.

All that remains is for all of us to get up to Plainmoor and cheer on the team. :scarf: :scarf:
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i have to say,having been negative of late myself i believe these latest signings could get us out of this mess, well done to steve breed and mr philips and co for backing nico.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Some kept faith in the current board to do right by the club. Early days yet but the signs are very encouraging.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

I never doubted the integrity of this board despite the malicious rumours going around from mushroom and his cohorts. They may not always make the right decisions but give them the chance to get the systems working and the structure right first. These signings are indeed a positive step and I for one have seen an improvement in performance since the dread days of autumn. The boards motives have never been in doubt for me, there are local people on that board who have a genuine interest in seeing Torquay United - existing first - and getting back into the league.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

The objective of the board,manager,squad and supporters should be to keep TUFC in this league. The next 10 games will give us all a good indication as to this likely outcome.

Remember, the odds of TUFC and Truro City swapping leagues for next season are for ever shortening!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Hi there gulls. I haven't been on here for a long time mainly because I haven't felt it right to come on here with the mess you have found yourself in. I have found it very sad that a good club like yourselves have found yourself in this position but hopefully now you can start to turn things round. I have come on today because I see you have signed Nathan Blissett. I hope very much that he is a success for you. A lot of our supporters didn't rate him at all because to be honest he can be a bit awkward and for a player of his height does not win a lot of the ball in the air. However he can win crosses in the air rather than long balls up but unfortunately for us we rarely put a good cross in. I actually rated him as a good prospect because he does take up good positions and is very quick for a big man.
Something happened with him at our club this season because he came back at the start of the season and scored 3 goals in his first two friendlies but then was not seen in the side again.
I wish him and yourselves the best of luck for the rest of the Season and hope that it is not long before we renew our aquaintances (not in the National League !!) Good Luck.