James Hurst suspended by club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Ferrarilover,

I think that you've forgotten the word "allegedly"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hmmm so if it was a S.20 injury its certainly a substantial injury to the victim then.

Added in 4 seconds:
Hmmm so if it was a S.20 injury its certainly a substantial injury to the victim then.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not necessarily, Tezza. The threshold is remarkably low in some instances.

I know a little more about this incident than has been reported (not through any connection to the club, I should add), although I do only have one side of the story. s.20 would be the correct charge academically. A pragmatic Prosecutor might well run with a much less serious OAP offence in the hope of securing an early guilty plea.

Personally, with my Princess Anne hat on, I'd rather they found a way of making a s.18 charge stick in order that this sort of person is removed from decent society for a considerable period.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Looks like he's joined Guiseley.
Attachments
image.png
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Confirmed on guiseley website.....
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have no problem wishing him all the best. He went from being, seemingly happy down here, playing well scoring goals for fun ( something that hasn't escaped my notice) to having problems virtually overnight, something clearly went wrong for him behind the scenes and very quickly.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Emergency loan until January 1st 2016 according to the OS.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 07145.aspx
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Probably for the best - for all parties.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

"I live in Leeds now".

I found this such a sad statement. From someone who is not master of his own destiny. There's an inevitability about it - it almost goes unsaid that he will say "I live in ....... now" at some point in the future. A lost soul. And unfortunately, Torquay's loss.
TUST member 200 ;-)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

From Torquay to guiseley, what a big move for James. Good move by the club, we can't have any player acting like he did. They can get rid in January.
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

So what has Hurst actually done? Have the local police charged him or not? The story on the OS tells you nothing. From being suspended to being loaned out.
Have I missed some actual facts rather than gossip etc?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

An eye-witness account is "gossip"?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Why all the secrecy from the club? I ask again, have the police charged him or not?
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

The lack of official communication is shocking. If I hadn't read the account given on this forum, all I would know is the club have suspended and subsequently loaned out our best player to one of our competitors because of an "alleged" incident last Saturday.

A statement was promised early this week and all we've had is confirmation that he's gone to Guiseley, with no reason given.

Laughable really.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You lot really cannot make up your minds, can you.

You yack on and on and on and on... And **** on and on and on about how you want TUFC to behave professionally. The one time they do, you **** whinge about a lack of communication.

Of course they aren't going to keep us, strangers, updated on the progress of criminal proceedings involving one of their employees. Do you see such a facility on the websites of John Lewis? Coutts? McDonald's? Manchester United?

A statement has been made. A decision has been made. Both have been communicated in a reasonably punctual manner. You're not going to get the gory details, the juicy gossip, the dirty laundry, because, guess what, to reveal those details would be horrendously **** unprofessional.

Any well adjusted adult knows what happened. The stupid **** got pissed up and twatted a random member of the public. He has been sacked-by-proxy, if you like, as a result. The club don't need to issue a statement to that effect because it caters for those with three-digit IQs and a decent appreciation of the way the world works.
Hugely remiscent of the Jeremy Clarkson situation. He wasn't sacked, he merely failed to have his contact renewed. The stupidest 10% of people (or the stupidest 90% of Torquay fans, if you prefer) questioned why he hadn't been sacked for what he did. The rest of us understood that he had.

Hurst is an idiot. He'll never make it in the game because he's **** dumb even by football's standards. Sadly, this is where we are as a club. Forced into a position where we attract either dreadful, talentless players or talented timebombs. This one is the latter and, sadly for us, he had exploded very soon into his time with us. A season down the line would have been fine. We'd have had 18 months out of him. He'd have scored the goals which kept us in the division and we'd be on a more secure footing. As it is, this hasn't happened and, as seems to happen every month or so, TUFC have been kicked in the balls.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"