James Hurst suspended by club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Jack wrote:I am concerned that we are expecting a lot of Nico in regard to employee management. Whilst he is a sensible level headed guy who has maximised his own talents to the full and used his initiative to become a bit of a health and fitness guru he is only 35 and short of life experience. I wonder what support the Club are giving him to improve his skills off the pitch. Poor old Martin Ling was left to fend for himself, living out of a suitcase 200 miles from home and his driving ban must have added to the pressure on him. We really shouldn't be surprised that he became depressed.
As an employer the club needs to show a duty of care to young pro"s who have relocated to Torbay away from their families and friends and this shouldn't just fall on the shoulders of the manager and his immediate staff. I hope that a way can be found to help James Hurst because he is a talented footballer who needs some help and guidance from a mature source.
:goodpost: That's a top post.

As a general point to all, we can all at times be too quick to judge, and who are any of us to take the moral high ground here, I'm certainly not someone who can.

If Hurst has gone off the rails, the club needs to find out why and give him any support he needs, if that's the case. And when it comes down to players rumoured to be a bad influence in the dressing room, so far I've heard this to be the case with Marsh, Butler now Hurst, who else, shall we get rid of them all ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

All this talk of life coaches and giving him a cuddle makes me laugh.

How about somebody tells him to grow up and man up?

The problem with the modern day footballer is that no matter what level they play at, fans put them on pedestals and tell them they're great for 90 minutes of work a week. This goes to their head and before you know it, they think they're the most important person in town. Then they go out with that attitude and somebody takes offence and decides to have a pop.

My own personal experience of James Hurst came after the Grimsby game when, after the game and in the family stand bar, a friend I was with asked Hurst if he had committed a foul on a certain player during the game. Hurst kept on walking and muttered "dunno". Hardly engaging with the paying fans and maybe he thinks he IS the business.

If he leaves, he leaves. **** him.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

forevertufc wrote:
:goodpost: That's a top post.

As a general point to all, we can all at times be too quick to judge, and who are any of us to take the moral high ground here, I'm certainly not someone who can.

If Hurst has gone off the rails, the club needs to find out why and give him any support he needs, if that's the case. And when it comes down to players rumoured to be a bad influence in the dressing room, so far I've heard this to be the case with Marsh, Butler now Hurst, who else, shall we get rid of them all ?
Looks like Agent Cox was partly successful in the plot to infiltrate and destroy the club from the inside with crap footballers and those who are disruptive, bad influences. :whistle:
by Burnhamgull » 49 minutes ago
All this talk of life coaches and giving him a cuddle makes me laugh.

How about somebody tells him to grow up and man up?

The problem with the modern day footballer is that no matter what level they play at, fans put them on pedestals and tell them they're great for 90 minutes of work a week. This goes to their head and before you know it, they think they're the most important person in town. Then they go out with that attitude and somebody takes offence and decides to have a pop.

My own personal experience of James Hurst came after the Grimsby game when, after the game and in the family stand bar, a friend I was with asked Hurst if he had committed a foul on a certain player during the game. Hurst kept on walking and muttered "dunno". Hardly engaging with the paying fans and maybe he thinks he IS the business.

If he leaves, he leaves. f*** him.
:goodpost: :clap:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

The best players don't drink at all. especially not hours before kickoff. He's got some growing up to do me thinks and it could go either way. It sounds like this incident from other day was very very regretful but hopefully nothing too serious and no-one was seriously hurt. If that is the case, hopefully he can move on from it having learned a lesson, and hopefully focus that energy into winning us some matches and moving his own career forwards at the same time.

And falling out with the team and/or manager is no excuse for getting drunk and hitting people. If he continues to behave like an idiot after this suspension is finished (if ever!) then I think it would be best to ask him to actually sack him as quickly as possible.

Likewise if he doesnt show and prove 100% regret over this behaviour then sadly its time for instant bye-byes if I was in charge at TUFC
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

David Thomas reckons he's on his way out. From the WMN:

"Meanwhile, United's leading scorer James Hurst was expected to leave Plainmoor this week after being suspended by the club."

Read more: http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Bol ... z3rBaRe769
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

RussianGull wrote:David Thomas reckons he's on his way out. From the WMN:

"Meanwhile, United's leading scorer James Hurst was expected to leave Plainmoor this week after being suspended by the club."

It also added that Guiseley had shown an interest in signing him. Can he be transferred outside the Transfer 'Window'? Or is it simply a case that his contract will be cancelled and he can sign for another club as a free agent, and we lose out financially yet again? After all, we paid Hednesford a fee for him. :-/
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

tomogull wrote: It also added that Guiseley had shown an interest in signing him. Can he be transferred outside the Transfer 'Window'? Or is it simply a case that his contract will be cancelled and he can sign for another club as a free agent, and we lose out financially yet again? After all, we paid Hednesford a fee for him. :-/

Didn't see that on first read Tomo, typical Torquay if we get nothing in return.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

"typical torquay". Any club who pays us a fee for them is a fool. His suspension is public knowledge. I imagine the reason for it is public knowledge. I imagine his general attitude in the dressing room us general knowledge. If we're touting him about its because we want shot if him, every other club will know this and therefore will be holding all the cards when it comes to a fee.

Also, to answer someone above, if we cancel his contract he still wouldn't be able to sign for anyone at conference level or above until the transfer window opens. Expect it to be a loan until January when he will move permanently.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

"Typical Torquay"... We continue to pay his wages until January, about a couple of grand, but don't play him and then sell him in the transfer window for a nominal fee... About £500! Or we could just cancel his contract now and be shot of him (not that he's done anything that a million professional players before him haven't done before).
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Okay I think I have the script now. We sell Hurst to Guiseley for 200k and buy our way out of trouble. :Z
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

When exactly did he go out drinking? The newspaper reports indicate it was on Saturday after the game was cancelled.
Stephen Breed, said: "James Hurst has been suspended pending an investigation into an alleged incident in Torquay town centre during the course of Saturday evening." Quote from Western Morning News http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html

Other reports say Saturday morning but that is police talk for 1 or 2 am Sunday morning if you want to be pedantic. Of course, if someone actually saw him out on Friday evening then fair enough.
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

He was out both nights, I saw him Friday night at 2am in park lane with Tyrone marsh, and then I saw the altercation in prestige Saturday night when he was out with more of the first team. Of course being out on the Saturday night isn't an issue as long as you don't punch people, but the Friday night was a bit stupid, Torquay is a small place did he really think he wouldn't get spotted out. Going to be a shame to lose him because he has looked our only threat at times, not sure sheps is anywhere near good enough to replace him.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

gullsdiv2 wrote:He was out both nights, I saw him Friday night at 2am in park lane with Tyrone marsh, and then I saw the altercation in prestige Saturday night when he was out with more of the first team. Of course being out on the Saturday night isn't an issue as long as you don't punch people, but the Friday night was a bit stupid, Torquay is a small place did he really think he wouldn't get spotted out. Going to be a shame to lose him because he has looked our only threat at times, not sure sheps is anywhere near good enough to replace him.

you would have thought marsh would have said something to him on the Friday, perhaps he doesn't care aswell.
Lucy
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

They are all useless. Ive decided. Sod them all cba caring about it no more. Tufc has no ambition or belief they can progress in the league.... not fun any more

Added in 9 minutes 52 seconds:
RussianGull wrote:David Thomas reckons he's on his way out. From the WMN:

Good! We dont need any alcoholic walking egos in the squad fullstop
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I would want Hurst to stay because he's a good player but Kevin should take control, find out the facts and consult with the chairman and if both himself and the chairman think they can give him one more chance so be it. If Hurst has attitude problems I would not bother.